Manfred Bietak (born on October 6th, 1940 with Vienna) is a Austrian archeologist . He is professor of Egyptology to the Université of Vienna and director of the Austrian archaeological Institut in Cairo ( Österreichischen Archäologischen Institutes in Kairo ). In 2004 he is professor with Harvard.
He studied archeology in Université of Vienna and took share of 1961 to 1965 in a preventive campaign of UNESCO to Sayala in Nubie.
Bietak is more known as director of the Austrian excavations on two sites: that of the Delta of the Nile to Such el-Dab' has, site of Avaris, the capital of the Hyksôs, and that, close, of pi-Ramsès, capital of the Egypt during.
- Member of the Austrian Academy off Science ,
- Member corresponding of the British Academy ,
- Member corresponding abroad of the Royal Swedish Academy off Letters ,
- Regular member of the Institute of Egypt,
- Member of the German Archaeological Institute ,
- honorary Member of the archaeological Institute of America.
He is the author or joint author of several school works, articles for the Egyptological newspaper Ägypten und Levante , of fourteen other works and two hundred articles in scientific publications.
|Random links:||QuÃmica de cÃ³mputo | Treaty of Rapallo (1922) | Germondans | Salleran | Casorate Sempione | 目 | Mike_Hamar|