- After secondary studies in France and five years at the school of architecture of Milan, it founds, with Alberto Lattuada and Mario Ferrari, the Italian cineclub where it joins together the first funds of files of the Italian cinema.
Critic film, as of the end of the war, it produces articles in particular in " Avanti" and the " " Tempo " " , at the same time as of the scenarios.
In 1946, it carries out its first short film the children in the city and two years later, its first feature-length film Défense to steal .
Always in margin of the currents and the modes and in spite of immense business successes like Bread love and imagination or of powerful lampoons like the great Disorder or the money of the old woman , her talent remained very underestimated by the critic who preferred to him, in the Seventies, a cinema more engaged and more Manichean.
Selective catalog of films
- 1948 : Of new men was born ( Proibito rubare )
- 1953: Bread, love and imagination ( Breads, amore E fantasia )
- 1954: Bread, love and jealousy ( Breads, amore E gelosia )
- 1955: the Beautiful one of Rome ( bleated It di Roma )
- 1960: the Great Disorder ( Tutti has put )
- 1961: With horse on the tiger ( has caballo beyond tiger )
- 1963: Ragazza ( the ragazza di Bube ), according to Carlo Cassola
- 1965: Gift Camillo in Russia ( It compagno Gift Camillo )
- 1967: Misunderstood the ( Incompreso )
- 1969: Casanova, a teenager in Venice ( Infanzia, vocazione E esperienze di Giacomo Casanova, Veneziano )
- 1971: Adventures of Pinocchio ( the avventure di Pinocchio ), also exploited in television serial of six episodes
- 1972: Money of the old woman ( Lo scopone scientifico )
- 1974: a true crime of love ( Delitto of amore )
- 1974: My God, how did I fall so low? … ( Me Dio, Like sound system caduta in basso! )
- 1975: the Woman of Sunday ( gave It beyond domenica )
- 1977: Which killed the cat? ( It gatto )
- 1979: the Great Congestion ( the ingorgo - Una storia impossibile )
- 1980: Eugenio ( Voltati Eugenio )
- 1982: Impostor ( Cercasi Gesu )
- 1983: Cuore
- 1987 : Storia
- 1987: a child of Calabria ( a ragazzo di Calabria )
- 1988: Bohemia , adaptation of the opera of Puccini
- 1989: Merry Christmas, happy new year ( Buon Native… Buon ass )
- 1991: Marcellino ( Marcellino, breads E vino )
- Luigi Comencini on Internet Movie Database
|Random links:||Viola (violin) | Finlandia (symphonic poem) | Atlanticism | Party of the new forces (Belgium) | Networking | Erró|