As well in his studies on the primitive one as on morals, the purpose of Lucien Levy-Bruhl is to make reach knowledge the positivity of nature. The individual, at the primitive one, thinks himself like member of the group (individuality with several). With his death, the individual is not detached from the whole of the group. Thus the heart gathers a collective psychology which associates a mystical experiment in which nature and the supernatural one are penetrated.
Its work primitive mentality constitutes a base and a reference, still today, as regards Ethnologie, of sociology and also of psychology. It described there how functions the primitive thought and what basically differentiates it from the civilized thought.
- the Philosophy of Auguste Count , Alcan, 1900.
- mental Functions in the lower companies , Alcan, 1918.
- primitive Mentality , Alcan, 1922.
- Jean Jaurès, biographical draft , Rieder, 1924.
- Morals and the Science of Manners , Alcan, 1927.
- Supernatural and nature in primitive mentality , Work of the Sociological Year, Alcan, 1931.
- primitive Mythology. Mythical mode of Australian and Papous , Alcan, 1935.
- Notebooks , PUF, 1949 (1e edition Quadriga, 1998, presentation of Bruno Karsenti).
|Random links:||1114 | Synchrotron radiation | Relativist | Up there on the mountain | Provincial parks of Saskatchewan | Gregorian | Johann_Peter_Salomon|