Lucerne (in German: Luzern) is the eighth Ville of Switzerland and the Chef-lieu of the Canton of Lucerne. The commune of Lucerne counts 57.890 inhabitants (in 2006). It has also an enclave in the canton of Nidwald, with the foot of Bürgenstock.
The city is located on the edge of the Lac of the Four-Cantons, on both sides of the Reuss. It has a wood bridge, become indissociable of the city.
wood Bridges, covered by:
- the Bridge of the Vault and its tower, also called “Kapellbrücke” is a strengthened wood bridge with tiled roof of 204 m builds in 1333. Under his roof, one can see many paintings of triangular form reconstituting the important facts of the city since the Middle Ages. In 1993, the bridge was mainly destroyed by fire. It was rebuilt since.
the Spreuerbrücke, bridge out of wooden of the town of Lucerne also named “Bridge of the Dance of Died” by the nature of the 67 panels of Kaspar Meglinger (1626-1635).
- Modern architecture :
- the Palate of the culture and the congresses of Lucerne (architecture by Jean Nouvel (1999), at the edge of the lake.
The concert hall of the Festival of Lucerne ( Lucerne festival ) with the Orchestra of the Festival of Lucerne.
- Collection of engines, coaches, cars, boats, planes and space capsules.
- circular Cinema IMAX
- the house Hans Erni, exposure of the painter lucernois Hans Erni
- Panorama Bourbaki
- Watch the army of the French general Charles Denis Bourbaki at the time of his entry in Switzerland
- the museum Richard Wagner, at the edge of the lake
- rooms of Wagner and a collection of instruments
- the Rosengart foundation, presenting inter alia works of Pablo Picasso and Paul Klee
- the museum of the fine arts
- the museum of the Alps
- Panorama of the Alps in 3 dimensions
- the garden glaciers where l´on can observe Lucerne at the time of the glaciation and to walk in the palate of the ices (a room filled with mirrors).
- historical Museum
- Museum of natural history
- the carnival
- Fumetto, festival of the Cartoon
- Festival of Lucerne ( Lucerne Festival ), festival of classical music
- Blue Balls Festival, jazz festival
- " Seenachtsfest" , large fireworks on the lake
- Festival of the Rose d' Or, festival of variety programmes televised, previously with Montreux. The decreed price is called “the gold pink”.
- In 1979, Lucerne accommodated the seventh edition of the festival Europa Cantat
Lucerne in the worldThere exists a locality called Lucerne with the the United States, in the Wyoming (county of Hotsprings).
- It is in this city that was born and that began its career the Swiss humorist Emil Steinberger, said Emil.
- the painter Hans Erni
- the soprano Edith Mathis
- Lucerne (Article of the historical dictionary of Switzerland)
- regional Gate of Lucerne
- Official site of Lucerne
- tourist bureau of Lucerne
|Random links:||Peschiera LED Kept | Himantoglossum | Webdiffusion | Arkadelphia | League for the protection of the birds | Théorie_des_ensembles_axiomatique|