GeographyLocated on the Eastern coast of Corsica nearly 20 km at the south of Bastia, the commune extends from the mountainous peak to the cord lagunaire of the Marana bordering the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The Aéroport of Bastia Poretta is international and is also located on the commune. It is managed by the Chamber of commerce and of industry of Bastia and Haute-Corse.
Historythe Roman city of Mariana:
For the catholic Christendom, it is on this site that was founded, undoubtedly in Ve century, the Diocèse of Mariana.
One of the very first of Corsica, it was created in direct link with the the Holy See then put under the management of Pisa in 1092 and Genoa in 1130.
The Santa-Maria-Assunta cathedral on the site known as of Canonica is founded there in XIe century.
Since April 22nd 1994 the church San Michele, at the village, is classified on the list of the buildings protected by the Ministère from the Culture.
Certain international companies are established on the commune such as Hertz (Hiring of cars), Total, Butagaz, Europcar etc… Since the month of June 2006, Nice-Morning prints thanks to a factory ultra modern its Corsican edition: Corsican-morning in Lucciana.
The Bastia-Poretta Airport is located on the commune.
Places and monumentsHere some notable monuments:
the Cathedral of Canonica : Cathedral of Romanesque architecture of XIe century, it harmonious, very well is preserved and renovated. This cathedral dedicated to Santa-Maria-Assunta, said today Canonica , is one of the most beautiful medieval monuments of Corsica.
Roman excavations of Mariana : Excavations open to the public close to the cathedral highlighting the foundations of the Roman site.
the Holy Monastery François : Located in the current cemetery of the commune this place was one of the theaters of the Bataille of Borgu at the time of free Corsica of Pasquale Paoli. The cut off monks put at it the troops of Louis XV in rout.
the church San Michele (Saint Michel): Listed monument located in the middle of the village, the village being the historical heart of Lucciana.
Vault San Michele (Saint Michel): Located in the vicinity in mountain, unfortunately given up and in ruins.
the Fountains : Located at Punticellu, on the place of the village…
Church San Parteo : Romance church located not far from the Cathedral of Canonica. Large a necropolis surrounds the monument.
- Gallia Club Lucciana : It is the historical club of the commune. Its apogee lasted of the Seventies with the beginnings of the year 1980. From 1988 to 2003, the club amalgamated with CA Bastia to become CABGL. In 2003, the CAB and Gallia separate. Gallia reappears then of its ashes but contrary to the Phoenix all its plume did not find.
- Gazelec Football Club Bastia Lucciana
- Football Club Lucciana : Club newcomer.
- Rugby Club Lucciana
Personalities related to the commune
- the group Arcusgi (created in 1984) was at its origin made up of several Luccianinchi (Dume, Petru ecc…)
- Santa Divota (or Holy Excessively pious woman) would have been born in Corsica, in Querciu or Querci, between Mariana and Lucciana. It would have had as a nurse a Christian woman who, says one, raised it in her faith. It is the Holy Owner of the Principality of Monaco and Corsica.
- Common of the Haute-Corse
- Lucciana in Lingua Corsa: * Principality of Monaco (Holy Excessively pious woman)
- Lucciana on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Lucciana on the site of INSEE
- Lucciana on the site of Plane Quid
- of Lucciana on Mapquest
- Ministry for the Culture, Lucciana
|Random links:||Horst | Yves Mahyeuc | Chalaure | Parma (river) | Antonio Labriola | José_de_Acosta|