GeographyThe territory of the commune is located at the south-west of the basin annecian, with ten kilometers of the downtown area, on a zone of high hills of the pre-Alps.
The commune becomes the new zone of expansion of the agglomeration of Annecy.
Places and monuments
- the Gorges of Trusting, (see here) which can be discovered since a suspended footbridge.
- the Château of Montrottier is a strong Château builds of XIIIe in XVe century. Among its elements of architecture, a Keep of 33 m, and many home. It belonged to the XIXe century with the Swiss general Guillaume-Henri Dufour, founder of the modern Swiss army and the Croix-Rouge. It belongs since 1916 to the Académie florimontane. It remarkably is preserved and entirely furnished with vast collections with weapons, armours, earthenware, porcelains, glassmakings and objects of the Far East. See the site.
Lovagny has a mushroom bed in activity, located in the old asphalt mines which extend under the commune. This exploitation is held by Mister and Mrs Audouit, it with the characteristic to have preserved a traditional culture not calling upon the air-conditioned greenhouses, but with a true development in cellar. The mushrooms are sold on the markets of Annecy and with the detail.
Personalities related to the commune
- Pierre de Menthon (15th century), lord of the castle, adviser and ambassador of the duke of Savoy Amédée VIII.
- the Swiss general Guillaume-Henri Dufour, former owner of the castle. He was founder of the modern Swiss army and the Croix-Rouge.
Among the local personalities:
- Emilie Dauvergne - " historienne" of Lovagny,
- Gay Marius, known as Quinquin, old local glory, single person hardens who animated his district by swearwords in all kinds.
- Andre Jacques, painter and draftsman who immortalisé this little place of Savoy.
- Leon Ponds, former owner of the Castle of Montrottier and large collector of objects of Article
- Fernand Viviant - former mayor.
- Common of Haute-Savoie
- Lovagny on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Lovagny on the site of INSEE
- Lovagny on the site of Quid
- Localization of Lovagny on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Lovagny on Mapquest
- the mushroom bed of Lovagny
|Random links:||June 13rd | Ley comÃºn | Decay product | Tercer mundo | Province of Aki | Lake Poyang | Messene | Leishmaiase|