See also: Louvière (homonymy)
The current commune of Louvière is resulting from the fusion operated in 1977 between nine communes of which that éponyme. The city of Louvière, as for it, was set up by separation of the commune of Saint-Vaast. Official separation was signed and decided by the law of February 27th, 1869. Louvière is girl of the industrial revolution; it is indeed the development of heavy industries (iron and steel industry in particular) qu involved its extension, involving its erection in distinct commune.
October 8th, 2006, the socialist party loses, at the time of the municipal elections, the absolute majority which it held since 1977 in the Entity louviéroise and since 1922 in the City of Louvière itself. At the conclusion of protracted negotiations, the PS louviérois chooses to join to MR. (reforming Movement, liberal) and the UDSC (list of dissenting left). For the first time, the party of the work of Belgium PTB has an elected official with Louvière. It is a fact also that the extreme-right-hand side makes its return within the Town council.
Communes borderingBinche, Manages, Mons, Morlanwelz, Rœulx and Seneffe.
- District of Charleroi-Mons
Armorial bearingsThe armorial bearings of the city are identical to those of the Abbaye of Alder, with the only difference which a she-wolf was added there. That is explained by the fact why the city is located on old a Fief of the abbey. The Blasonnement of these armorial bearings is: of azure to the face of money, accompanied as a chief by three merlettes arranged and, at a peak, by a Roman she-wolf to the naturalness.
- Enzo Scifo, footballer
- pol. Bury, painter and sculptor
- Jean Louvet, playwright
- Achilles Chavée, poet
- Free Dragone, director during 15 years of the Circus of the Sun (Quebec). It creates in 2000 with Louvière its own company with which one owes in particular the spectacle of Celine Dion in Las Vegas.
- Albert Valentine, scenario writer and realizer
- 1935 - International exhibition of surrealism
- 2000 - To take down the moon
- 2001 - princely Visit, Parade of the lighters
- 2002 - Wood-of-Luc Inauguration, Inauguration elevator
- 2002 - To take down the moon 2
- 2003 - royal Visit
- 2006 - To take down the moon 3
- the Carnival of Louvière: Laetare
- Ship lifts of the Channel of the Center
- Coal mining of Wood-of-Luc
- Museum Ianchelevici
- the Center of Engraving and the printed Image * To take down the moon (night spectacle)
- Official site
- Tourist bureau Louvière and its area
|Random links:||Daguestan | Bastion | 1CC1 3700 | Canton of Caen-9 | John Ogrodnick | Jędrzej_Śniadecki|