Located on northern bank of the lake Saint-Pierre, it is crossed by 2 rivers: the small one and the large river of the Wolf. It carries the title of Hostess of Mauricie thanks to the hospitality of its residents. Surrounded by several grounds favourable with the culture of buckwheat, it emphasizes this product by its Festival of buckwheat wafer.
The church of Louiseville is recognized as being one of most beautiful of Canada.
History1665: Creation of the seigniory River-of-Wolf (which bore a time the name of River-Manereuil) which was conceded in 1672 in Charles Dugey Rozoy de Manereuil, officer of the regiment of Carignan, by the Talon intendant.
1714: Creation of the first parish, served by Récollets under the patronage of saint Antoine de Padoue.
ToponymyLouiseville was named in the honor of the princess Louise, girl junior by the Victoria queen, who had projected to visit the place this year.
- July 1st 1855: Creation of the municipality of parish of Saint-Antoine-of-the-River-of-Wolf during the first municipal cutting of Quebec.
1878 : The municipality of village of River-of-Wolf is detached from Saint-Antoine-of-the-River-of-Wolf.
1879 : River-of-wolf changes its name for municipality of village of Louiseville .
- Repertory of the municipalities of Quebec
- Commission of toponymy of Quebec
- municipal Businesses and areas - regional charts
- Official site of Louiseville
ReferenceRef.: Dictionary Names and places of Quebec, publications of Quebec
|Random links:||Planeta diario | Years 1370 | Communist party of the Soviet Union | Westwood Studios | Grépiac | Kélékougan | Scheemda|