See also: Weiss
Girl of Paul Louis Weiss, mining engineer, Louise Weiss directs in particular the review the new Europe between 1920 and 1934.
Woman of convictions, it seeks to bring closer France and Germany between the two world wars. In 1945, with Gaston Bouthoul, it founds the Institute of Polémologie.
Militant for the vote of the Frenchwomen, it presents to the legislative elections 1936 in the 5th district of Paris, and in 1975 by being elected with the French Academy tries twice. It engaged in the first projects of an European Union and was member the European Parliament. It belongs to the entourage of Aristide Briand when this one obtains the adhesion of the Germany to the Société of the nations.
Works of Louise Weiss
- Memories of a republican childhood , Paris, 1937
- what woman wants, Paris , 1946
- Mémoires of European a , Paris 1968 - 1976
- Delivery , Paris 1936
- the Marseillaise , TI and II Paris, 1945; T. III Paris 1947
- Sabine Legrand , Paris 1951
- Last Pleasures , Paris, 1979
- Arthur or joys of the suicide
- Sigmaringen or potentates of nothing
- the member elect
- the owner
- Adaptation of Last Pleasures
Accounts of voyage
- gold, the truck and the cross , Paris, 1949
- the magic voyage , Paris, 1960
- the Cashmere , Albums of the Blue Guides, Paris, 1955
- Letter with an embryo , Paris 1973
Art, archeology and folklore
- Tales and legends of Large-North , Paris, 1957
The foundationEach year, the foundation Louise Weiss precedes the authors or the institutions having more contributed to advance of sciences of peace, the improvement of the human relations and the efforts in favor of Europe.
HonorsIn the honor of Louise Weiss a street of Paris bears its name, the Rue Louise-Weiss, as well as the official name of the sheltering building, with Strasbourg, the hemicycle of the the European Parliament, the college Louise Weiss with Achères in the Yvelines like in the valley of Holy Marie to the mines, in Alsace.
- the Association of the European Journalists (French section) organizes each year since 2005 a Price Louise Weiss of European Journalism.
|Random links:||Louis Lémery | Barefeet under the rhododendrons | Wilbur Hatch | Weakened-Margot | Identikit picture | Banlieue_noire_de_Dublin,_comté_de_Fulton,_Pennsylvanie|