Its lifeBorn in a family originating in the area from Lessay, after studies with Caen and a military service with Cherbourg, Louis Beuve followed the occupation of clerk of bookstore with Paris. This geographical distance of its native Normandy weighed much on its beginnings of poet. In Cherbourg, towards 1890, it heard for the first time the songs in Normand of Cotentin written by Alfred Rossel.
Returned in the Cotentin, he was then director of the newspaper of Saint-Lo, the Mail of the English Channel , until in 1944, time of the destruction of the city, his house and the buildings of the newspaper by the American bombardments. He had found to indicate this useless drama the name of “ graunde breulery ”.
He withdrew himself then in his native house of Quettreville-on-His in the cemetery of which he was buried with his death.
The regionalistic oneLouis Beuve was impregnated memory of the old size of the Normandy. This nostalgia led it to highly defend the memories, the language and the habits Normans.
This militant of the rebirth Norman dreamed to find a proud Normandy of his past, leaves with the normanniser again. It is in the sense that he said (in his letters) separatist. He fought against the cultural levelling of the French, by preferring the safeguard and the transmission of the characteristics specific to the provinces and areas French to him and, in his case, of Normandy.
He also turned to the Scandinavian past of Normandy and studying the history and the habits of the Normands, and founded a named association to this end “the Supper of the Vikings”. The friends of the “Trouvere Norman” met around a culinary meeting in the Scandinavian spirit, in the form of a “assembllaée ”: a-sin-byée. This supper continued after its death.
Despite everything, it succeeds in only partly restoring this heart Norman in the heart of Norman, in particular in the Cotentin, in particular thanks to its songs and its literary work.
Its workHonoured with alive sound by Remy de Gourmont or Henry Bordeaux, the written work of Louis Beuve is primarily written in Normand Cotentinais of the area of Lessay and Coutances.
Several of the writings in patois of Lessay of Louis Beuve count among the masterpieces of the dialectal literature. Reflecting a rich person sensitivity, his writing was a reference for its continuators a long time, in particular Côtis-Capel.
- the vuules quérettes (1895), on the air of I am native of Finistere
- the cainchoun of the bouon beire (1897), on the air of the Bœufs of Pierre Dupont
- does not have there paè poumes (1897), on the air of the Farm to the strawberries
- the good-byes of eune graind mother at SEN fisset louaé np' tit servant the jou of Saint-Cllai (1897) on the air of the Biniou of Durand
- the S houmes counséqueints of by chin (1898), on the air of Ahead Normandy
- My vuule church (1897)
- Tcheu sei (1897), on the air of the House of my parents - then music of Hippolyte Mariette
- the wafer of rasin (1897), on the air of the Round of the sweet chestnuts of Theodore Botrel
- complaints of eun touornous of leg
- countes of âotefeis (1895)
- Graind Lainde (or Graund Launde ), put in music by association Magène in CD Louerie (1994).
- the letter with Dead the (text in the selected Works , 1950 )
|Random links:||Green screen | Vincent de Gournay | Philips Arena | Families of France | Mobaye | Asymétrie_de_l'information|