See also: Loiret (homonymy)
See also: History of Loiret
It directly draws its name from the river Loiret resurgence of the Loire, which strolls on approximately 12 km before joining it. This phenomenon is besides at the origin of the name of recent but celebrates district of Orleans named Orleans-the-Source.
This choice of denomination points out that, slightly later, which led to the name of the Département of Vaucluse, although the respective hydrological causes are not comparable at all, the only common point being the existence of a powerful source.
See also: Geography of Loiret
The department of Loiret forms part with the Loir-et-Cher and the Eure-et-Loir of the old historical province of the Orléanais. It is today one of the departments of the area Center. It is bordering on the departments of the the Essonne, of Seine-et-Marne, the Yonne, the Nievre, the Cher, Loir-et-Cher and Eure-et-Loir.
List of the communes of Loiret
- List of the old communes of Loiret
Loiret is a flat department of an altitude close to 100 m, located in the southern half of the Paris basin. Maximum altitude is of 273 m and the minimal one of 66 Mr.
- the the Loire crosses the department of south-east towards the west. The flow of the Loire, around Orleans, is primarily underground, sometimes causing circular collapses of the bed, the bimes . The sand banks are unstable there, which explains partially relative the bad reputation of the river in this sector. The Loire sprinkles the towns of Briare, Gien, the Sully-on-Loire, the Châteauneuf-on-Loire, the Agglomération Orleans Loire Valley, Meung-sur-Loire, Beaugency.
- the Loiret gives its name to the department. Resurgence of the Loire, Loiret makes only 12 kilometers length. It flashes back in the Floral garden of Orleans in the district of the Source. The area between the Loire and Loiret is classified “floodplain” even if the last rising goes back to more than one hundred years.
- the Cosson sprinkles Ferté-Saint-Aubin
- the the Essonne has a source doubles and is composed of Egg and of Rimarde
- the Loing sprinkles Montargis
- the Loire Valley is ten kilometers of alluvia located on both sides of the the Loire
- the Beauce located at the North-West of the river, is a calcareous plate
- the Gâtinais located at the east of the department, around Montargis, is more undulating and rather limestone in its western and argillaceous part towards the east
- the Puisaye is located between Beauce and Gâtinais.
- the Forest of Orleans
- the the Sologne, constituting the essence of the south of the department, is a vast marshy forest, a long time sterile and forsaken
- the Berry in the extreme south-east
One notes also usually Orléanais like area gathering the Loire Valley around Orleans, as well as the Forest of Orleans.
It is primarily about a moderate climate.
See also: Economy of Loiret
The inhabitants of Loiret are Loiretains, Loiretaines.
Leitartikel: Demography of Loiret
Leitartikel: Culture in Loiret
Leitartikel: Tourism in Loiret
Leitartikel: Political of Loiret
List of the deputies of Loiret
- List of the senators of Loiret
- List of the general advisers of Loiret
- List of the presidents of the General advice of Loiret
More big cities of Loiret (of many inhabitants)The figures given are those of the census of 1999.
- Orleans: 113.126
- Fleury-les-Aubrais : 20.690
- Olivet : 19.195
- Saint-Jean-of-Sling: 17.758
- Saint-Jean-of-the-Lane: 16.560
- Gien : 15.332
- Montargis : 15.030
- Saran : 14.797
- Châlette-on-Loing: 13.969
- Amilly : 11.497
- Pithiviers : 9.242
Leitartikel: Administration of Loiret
List of the prefects of Loiret
- Blazon of Loiret
- List of bridges of Loiret
- General advice
- Lists of the protected areas
|Random links:||Génébrières | Sahar Khalifa | Pete Trewavas | North of Ontario|