Created in 1981 with Swiss Apples in , it is from now on a multinational represented by three head offices in the world:
- with Fremont in California for Americas;
- with Swiss Romanel-sur-Morges in for Europe, the Middle East and Africa;
- with Taiwan for the Asia-Pacific area.
ProductionThe first prototypes of Logitech mouse were manufactured with the Place in the Canton of Vaud by Dubois Dépraz SA. The series production was initially carried out in Ireland then transferred in China.
Logitech employs more than 8000 people (2005). Half of the production under is treated.
- 1981, foundation with Apples, in an old farm of the parents-in-law of Daniel Borel with an aim of developing graphic softwares
- For the needs for a project required by Ricoh, the need for a convivial interface is felt.
- 1982, transfer of the activity of development in the Silicon Valley at the request of Ricoh
- Daniel Borel, remained in Switzerland, deals with the realization of the mouse, which already exists in laboratory, it takes to note of a prototype constructed by the professor Nicoud of FPSL
- the 1st mice are manufactured by Dubois Dépraz SA in the Vallée of Joux
- the following generation is manufactured in the family farm with Apples.
- 1984, first mouse for the account of Hewlett-Packard
- 1986, opening of a factory with Taiwan, to fight against turbulences on the prices.
- 1994, transfer of most of the production in China (Suzhou).
- 1996, sale of the 100 millionème mouse
- 1998, Guerrino De Luca takes the head office of the group.
- 2007, the administration, finance and the sales are moved in a new building with Morges since the historic site of Romanel-sur-Morges.
See toorelated Articles
- Classification of the more Swiss large companies
- List of Swiss companies
- international Web site of Logitech
|Random links:||Théon of Alexandria | Louise Latraverse | Etienne V of Moldavie | 1895 in science | Tetsuya Tsutsui | Glencoe,_Alabama|