The term lives is the vernacular Nom with fish of the kind Trachinus having for common point to have a poisonous backbone. These fish which live on sand, prick the man when this one their walk above. One especially meets them on the beaches of the Atlantique and of the the Mediterranean but one generally crosses it on the majority of the sandy beaches of our dimensions. They are held close to the coasts in summer and more to broad in winter.
The most known species are:
- Grande lives, Trachinus draco Linnaeus, 1758, can measure up to 40 cm.
- Lives spider, Trachinus araneus Cuvier, 1829, sometimes reached 50 cm.
- the Petite lives, Trachinus will vipera (Cuvier, 1829) (syn. Echiichthys will vipera ), does not measure more than 20 cm.
List species of the kind TrachinusTheir variable number according to classifications.
Trachinus araneus Vat, 1829 - or Lives spider or mottled Vive
- Trachinus armatus Bleeker, 1861
- Trachinus collignoni Roux, 1957
- Trachinus cornutus Guichenot, 1848
- Trachinus draco Linnaeus, 1758 - or Grande lives
- Trachinus lineolatus Fischer, 1885
- Trachinus pellegrini Cadenat, 1937
- Trachinus radiatus Cuvier, 1829 - or Vive striped
- Trachinus will vipera (Vat, 1829) - or Petite lives. Species sometimes classified only, with share, in the kind Echiichthys .
The puncture of sharp
The Venin is injected by the opercular backbone and two spines. Even dead, this fish remains dangerous. The pain is very violent and instantaneous. It irradiates to the root of the member piqué. It can involve a true panic. The treatment consists in soaking the member reached in warm water during twenty minutes. Venom being destroyed by heat (thermolabile property ). In addition, the warm water is also used for dilating the pores of the skin for better evacuating venom. A allergic reaction of the type anaphylactic is always possible, as for the punctures of wasp.
The sharp one is one of fish used for the Bouillabaisse, its flesh is very fine. It is advised with the cooks to handle it with very thick gloves.
- Ifremer: Live (= Trachinus spp.)
|Random links:||François Coli | Slow train | John Miers | Ejido | The Beautiful spy | Eupeithes|