You will find below a list of famous denouncers (not inevitably informers) .
- Yves Trudeau, hired killer who denounced various criminals
The United States
- Cynthia Cooper denounced the financial frauds of WorldCom
- Joseph Darby, member of the military Police American, which alerted the military authorities in 2004 in connection with the abuses with the prison Abu Ghraib in Iraq.
- Walter DeNino, a student who called into question the integrity of Eric Poehlman.
- Daniel Ellsberg, old a Analyst of the State Department which transmitted the Pentagon Papers in 1971
- W. Mark Felt, better known under the name of “Deep Throat”, denounced the intrigues of Richard Nixon
- Katharine Gun, employed British GCHQ which has, in 2003, given of the top secret documents to the press showing the illegal activities of the the United States and the Great Britain when they justified their attack of the Iraq in 2003.
- Coleen Rowley denounced the laxism of the FBI, which could have prevented the Attentats of September 11th, 2001
- Sherron Watkins denounced the financial frauds of Enron
- Jeffrey Wigand, former executive of Brown & Williamson, which showed the fraudulent practices of its employer with regard to the effects of the Nicotine.
- Paul van Buitenen showed the European authorities of corruption.
- Joseph Mangan revealed that a electronic chip Airbus A380 had a bug which endangered the life of the passengers (see).
- Christoph Meili, night watchman for a Swiss Bank , which discovered that its employer destroyed the statements of bank of the victims of the Holocauste. The accounts concerned were to be given to the heirs to the victims.
- Jean Charles of Cauzé de Nazelle, which in 1674 denounced the Complot Chevalier of Rohan against Louis XIV
- the “corbel” in the Affaire Clearstream 2 (unknown identity before May 18th, 2006, finally Jean-Louis Gergorin acknowledges being the corbel)
- the “corbel” of the Affaire Grégory (not identified)
- Angèle Laval, author of signed anonymous mails the Eye of the tiger which upset the town of Tulle between 1917 and 1921. This business inspired film of Henri-Georges Clouzot entitled the Corbel (1943), which would be at the origin of this term indicating an anonymous informer.
The Middle East
- Judas Iscariote denounced Jesus de Nazareth with the Romains for thirty sums of money, which led to its crucifixion.
- Time Magazine' S Persons off the Year 2002: Cynthia Cooper, Coleen Rowley & Sherron Watkins
- These criminals with the service of justice
|Random links:||Waccho | Uchacq-and-Parentis | Avro Vulcan | Canadian association of Esperanto | Rosko John | Edmondo_De_Amicis|