List archbishops of Cotonou
List of the archbishops of Cotonou
( Archidioecesis Cotonuensis )
The apostolic prefecture of the Dahomey is created on June 26th 1883 per detachment of the apostolic vicariate of Bay of Benign the, which had itself as a denomination before this same that of apostolic vicariate of Dahomey.
Are initially apostolic prefects
- 1888 - 1895: Louis Ier Lecron , apostolic prefect of the Dahomey.
Then are apostolic vicars
- May 20th 1906 November -12 1934: François Steinmetz , apostolic vicar of the Dahomey.
- March 11th 1935 September -14 1955: Louis II Parisot , apostolic vicar of the Dahomey, then of Ouidah (1948).
Finally are archbishops
- January 5th 1960 June -28 1971: Bernardin Gantin , which will be created cardinal (June 27th 1977).
- June 28th 1971 December -27 1990: Christophe Adimou
- December 27th 1990 March -13 1999: Isidore de Souza
- October 29th 1999 March -5 2005: Nestor Assogba
- since March 5th 2005: Marcel Agboton (Marcel-Honorat-Leon Agboton)
- the PONTIFICAL DIRECTORY , on the http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org site, in the page
|Random links:||Barbarism | GeografÃa de TaiwÃ¡n | Antonio Dias Adorno | The Community of communes Is Cambrésis | Michou d' Auber | The World' S Greatest Tag TEAM | La_piscine_morte|