the castle of Linderhof is a royal castle (" villa royale") located in Graswangtal close to Oberammergau and the monastery of Ettal. It was built of 1874 to 1878 pennies Louis II of Bavaria, in the place of the family farm used as hunting lodge by his father Maximilien II. If the new king Louis II often went there, it was more for insulation than for hunting, than he hated over all with the war. From 1872, after many demolitions, rebuildings and restorations, the Linderhof castle appeared little by little under its actual position. In 1873, the castle is covered with stones and the roof is renewed with stone walls was then locked up and also the roof renewed. The last work is completed in 1885-86.
The room to be slept is copied from that of the king de France Louis XIV: a balustrade separates the bed with baldachin from the supposed audience to attend the rising of the king.
Louis II hated the presence of someone else. The dining room was equipped with a platform on which the table was posed. This platform slid to the stage of below, where were the kitchen. Then, the table went up with the meal; the King thus did not need to cross the servants.
The gardens of Linderhof are a showpiece of the site. The park extends on several hectares. The Cave of Come, entirely artificial. The King liked to go on his " barque" , dreaming with imaginary worlds, while listening to music of Wagner which an orchestra dissimulated behind of the rocks played.
The Moorish House, going back to 1867, was bought with an industrialist gipsy in 1876. The interior is sumptuous.
Hundigshütte is resulting from an opera of Richard Wagner, “Die Walküre”. The interior wants to be rustic, with skins of bear, branches of trees. The building was devastated by the flames in 1945, and was rebuilt at identical the several decades later.
|Random links:||Turkish Airlines | District of Blaye | Chinese revolution of 1911 | Moroccan stage | 506e regiment of parachuted infantry | Bataille_de_colline_de_Majuba|