Lille became in 2004 European Capitale of the culture. This event except standard truly modified in-depth the image of the city and the Euro-area. lille2004 revealed the formidable creative energy of its territory.
lille3000 continues and looks further into this dynamism. Neither festival, nor biennial, lille3000 invite to discovered cultures through the most contemporary artists, while making share its demonstrations by the greatest number in the middle of the city.
This dynamism, this direction of the festival and the division, this opening on the world, lille3000 intends to more open it while being pressed on competences and the assets of the city and the area Nord-Pas-de-Calais. This approach is relayed by the installation of multi-field demonstrations, the discovery of new technologies, such as for example the new textiles, the construction of the town of tomorrow, spirituality, and more generally the security questions and of civilizations will be tackled with the courses of the various editions of lille3000.
This opening towards other worlds, lille3000 already intensely lived it with its first edition “Bombaysers of Lille” which pointed out the energy of lille2004.
The first season proceeded from October 14th, 2006 to January 14th, 2007 with many sets of themes centered, not only on the India with “Bombaysers of Lille”, but also, on the textile with “Futurotextiles” with the Postal Sorting (exposure also presented to the Week Design of Istanbul in September 2007).
The sets of themes lille3000 related to India were divided into several distinct categories which utilize each one of the different places according to a calendar available in the additional bonds. Here is the detail:
- Cinema, literature and mode
- Houses Madness
- Midday Midday
Since 2006, lille3000 presented various events.
First season (from October 14th, 2006 to January 14th, 2007)The first season of Lille 3000 proceeding from October 14th, 2007 to January 14th, 2007 included/understood for main theme India
Temporary exhibition “Passage of Time” Collection Pinault Foundation from October 16th, 2007 to January 1st, 2008 On a proposal of Martine Aubry, mayor of Lille, president of lille3000, and Jean-Jacques Aillagon, director of Palazzo Grassi to Venice, lille3000 will present October 16th, 2007 to January 1st, 2008 with the Postal Sorting in Lille the exposure “Passage of time” thanks to the loan of works of the Collection François Pinault Foundation. This exposure will propose a course, on 6000 m ², through artistic practices using it video, photography and the light. The course outlines a point of view on the modern history of these practices around six great sets of themes:
- the entry, through a masterly work of daN Flavin, functions like a hopper between the real-world and the experiment of the exposure. DaN Flavin is one of the artists founders of the American movement the Minimal art. The artist is known for his use of neon of use, which it uses like an artistic material. Its works exist by the fitting of its neons of color, revealing space. Rigor of its proposal is born a atemporelle beauty. The course of the exposure thus proposes a blindness to you before penetrating in the world of the images.
- the image moving appeared in the world of art during this period of Utopias where the concept of avant-garde had all its direction. The artists all introduced here are of the pioneers of this time, and they are fundamental for current creation. The artists, always precursory, used, inter alia, the means which technology proposed in order to “revolutionize” the idea of the work of art while questioning: the statute of art, the role of the artists, the report/ratio with the body, concept of identity, the spectacle, the role of the media, the policy…
And if one played…
- humor, the play, childhood are elements frequently used by the contemporary artists. The laughter is one of the most effective weapons to transmit a certain clearness. The artists introduced in this section are played of the image of oneself, like our impulses while putting to us vis-a-vis ourselves and while playing with our certainty. Attitudes, characters, and roles are thus caricatured.
Histoires of cinema
- This section presents a selection of works whose common subject is the play around the cinema and of its history. Indeed, the field of the image moving in art was marked by the History of the Cinema. Here the artists are concerned with his heritage, that it is compared to famous realizers, or around the role of the 7th art in our culture. That it is in the déconstruction, the appropriation or the diversion, the artists question our knowledge but also our practices of spectators.
Stories of lives and survivals
- We enter here the reality of the current world. The artists of various continents appeared on the artistic scene, and in our museums. Those brought with them the various urgencies of our world and the paradoxes of our companies. This section thus proposes a dive in these various cultures, mixing questions and testimonys on information, the war, fanaticism, the exile, violence…
Passage of time
- art did not cease being a machine to defy time. In this section, immortality is the subject of exposed works. That it is in the evocations of the power of nature, or in the spiritual answers, the artists speak here about our legitimate and common obsession of beyond death, our beliefs and our hopes. This moment of the exposure approaches the idea of a “end”, end-of-life, but also of the end of the exposure, like the end of a history.
Inter alia will be presented works of Adel Abdessemed, daN Flavin, Gilbert & Georges, Douglas Gordon, daN Graham, Pierre & Huyghe, Shirirn Neshat, Tim Noble & Sue Webster, Pierre & Gille, Martha Rosler, Cindy Sherman, Bill Viola…
With single exposure, single place:
Reconverted in place of European exposure for lille2004 Capital of the Culture, the Postal Sorting is essential today like an arts center impossible to circumvent. This old industrial building, initially devoted to the sorting of the mail, constitutes a vital space in a cultural dynamism of the city. Ideally located between the two stations inhabitants of Lille, Lille Flandres and Lille Europe, the Postal Sorting became a reference in term of contemporary creation.
Second season (from March 14th, 2009 to July 12th, 2009)The second season of Lille 3000 will proceed of March 14th, 2009 until July 12th, 2009 will have as a main theme the Eastern Europe and Istanbul which approaches for the majority the European Union. With discovered these new ones and young artists, writers, scenario writers, musicians, dancers, designers, thinkers, cooks and with discovered new metamorphoses, installations, exposures, cinema, spectacles… Four months 100% Europe-Istanbul!
- Official site of Lille 3000
- the site of the exposure K (art) my to Lasécu - Lille/Five
- Site carried out by students of the University of journalism of Lille (ESJ) during Lille 3000
- complete Program of Lille 3000 and places implied
- complete Program of Lille 3000 and photo report on the evening of opening
- Blog of a Lille ambassador 3000
|Random links:||Ascoux | Anıtkabir | Beulotte-Saint-Laurent | Tameshi giri | Lilian García | La_grande_exagération_blanche|