The September 20th is the 263e Jour of the Année (264e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 102 days before the end of the year.
- 331 av. J.C: Alexandre Large the crosses the Tigre.
- 52 av. J.C: The Gallic army of help fails in front of Alésia.
1 to 1900
622: Escape with Médine, where it gathers its first faithful, of the prophet Mohammed (Mahomet), which must leave Mecque, where its profession of faith it does not have there that only one god is badly accommodated. This emigration, the Hégire , mark the beginning of the Moslem era.
- 1519 : Ferdinand Magellan leaves the Spain to begin its voyage around the world.
- 1530 : Luther advises with the Protestant princes German to prepare with the war rather than to agree to compromise with the Catholic church.
- 1565 : The Spanish massacre the colonists Huguenots French in Port-Royal, in Florida, where they will found the colony of Saint-Augustine.
- 1792 :
- French Victoire on the Prussian at the time of the Battle of Valmy
- Vote of a law authorizing the Divorce in France
- 1794: French Victoire on the Spain with the Battle of the Sierra Negra
- 1854: Battle of Alma (Crimean War)
- 1857: The British army of the India S seizes Delhi, after a three month old seat.
- 1863 : End of the Battle of Chickamauga
- 1870: Entry of the troops Italy in Rome.
- 1900 : The pope Leon XIII dissolves officially the Papal States.
- 1932 : Gandhi begins an hunger strike in the prison of Poona.
- 1940 : Creation of the concentration camp of Breendonk in Belgium.
- 1945 : The committee of the Congress side-Indian , joined together under the direction of the Mahatma Gandhi and the Pandit Nehru, disallows the British proposals of internal autonomy and request with the the United Kingdom to leave the India.
- 1946 : Opening of the first Cannes festival.
- 1954 : Harlan Herrick carries out the first program in FORTRAN.
- 1960 : Thirteen lately independent African States and Cyprus, old British colony, are allowed with UNO.
- 1963 : Before the General meeting of UNO, the president John F. Kennedy proposes with the the USSR to take part in an soviéto-American joint forwarding on the the Moon.
- 1972: Letter bombs are addressed to Israeli personalities in at least six cities of the world.
- 1974 : Hurricane on the Honduras: one speaks about several thousands of victims.
- 1977 : Adhesion of the Vietnam to UNO.
- 1978 : France, adoption of the restructuring plan of the Iron and steel industry.
- 1984 : A truck-suicide explodes in front of an appendix of the embassy of the the United States to Beirut, making 23 died and 60 wounded.
- 1985 : Resignation of the Minister for Defense Charles Hernu and dismissal of the admiral Pierre Lacoste, managing director of DGSE, blamed in the Business of Rainbow Warrior.
- 1989 : Inauguration of Atlantic TGV.
- 1991 : With alternate Nimes (France, department of the Gard), of Manual Caballero, Spanish Matador .
- 1992 : Referendum in France on the Treated of Maastricht: short victory of YES (51%) the
- 1996: 1st voyage of a Pope, in fact, Jean-Paul II in Brittany (with Holy-Anne-with Auray)
- 1999: Deployment of a multinational force of 7.000 men including 500 French under Australian command to restore peace with the Timor - Eastern.
- 2000 : The day before the competition of the 400m, Olympic champion Marie-Jose Perec triples it leaves the Olympiads of Sydney precipitately and declares fixed price.
2001 : In the world combat against the Terrorism, the president George W. Bush invites the American Armée to be held ready as well as the American people to remain “calm and determined” and exhorts the nations of the whole world to join the antiterrorist coalition, than he wants to set up to answer the attacks of the 11.
- 2003 : The voters of Latvia approve to 67% the adhesion of their country to the European Union in May 2004.
- 2004 :
- the parquet floor of Paris opens legal information to inquire into the human consequences of the tests Nucléaire S carried out by the France between 1960 and 1996 as well in the the Sahara Algérie N as in Polynésie.
- Quebec: Bys-election in four electoral constituencies. The democratic Action of Quebec makes elect Sylvain Légaré in Vanier. The PLQ preserves Nelligan, the PQ preserves Gouin and takes Bay-tree-Dorion.
- Two American hostages in Iraq, Eugene Armstrong and Jack Hensley, removed the September 16th with a British, are decapitated at 24 hours of interval by their kidnappers, the group of Abou Moussab Al-Zarqaoui, “ Unification and holy war ”.
- 1503 : Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski, humanistic and theologist Polish († 1572)
- 1695: Claude of Saint-Simon, religious French, 80e abbot of Jumièges.
- 1758 : Jean-Jacques Dessalines, first emperor of Haiti († October 17th 1806)
- 1778: Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, exploring Russian of the the Antarctic († January 13rd 1852)
- 1784: Richard Griffith, geologist Irish
- 1819: Theodore Chassériau, painter French
- 1842: James Dewar, chemist
- 1842: Charles Lapworth, British geologist
- 1853: Chulalongkorn (V Rowed), king of the Thailand
- 1864: Louis Martin, Doctor and Bacteriologist French. († June 13rd 1946).
- 1866 : Ferdinand Batch, Médiéviste French
- 1872: Maurice Gamelin, commander-in-chief of the French army during the Second world war.
- 1891 : Rolls Gueye, lawyer rights in Africa
- 1903: Marcial Lalanda, Spanish Matador († September 25th 1990)
- 1904: Jean-Pierre Timbaud, CGT ist, communist militant , shot with Chateaubriant in 1941
- 1906: Jean Dréville, realizer of French cinema († March 5th 1997)
- 1917: Fernando Rey, actor
- 1934: Sophia Loren, actress
- 1947: Patrick Poivre d' Arvor, journalist French
- 1948: George R.R. Martin, American author of Science fiction and Fantasy, scenario writer and producer.
- 1949 : Sabine Azéma, French actress
- 1951: Javier Marías, Spanish writer
- 1952: Patrick Bourrat, to defer TF1
- 1964: Maggie Cheung, actress hongkongaise
- 1975 : Asia Argento, Italian actress
- 1980: Vladimir Karpets, Russian racing cyclist
- 1985: Ronald Zubar, footballer French
- 1988: Dounia Coesens, French actress
1384 : Louis Ier of Anjou, second wire of the future king de France Jean II the Good,
- 1404: Jeanne de Rohan, widow of Robert († 1377), count of the Pole.
- 1460 : Binche-native Gilles, type-setter and Belgian organist, who worked at the Court of Burgundy.
- 1520 : Selim Ier, Othoman sultan.
- 1556 : Adolphe X of Holstein, archbishop of Cologne. (° 1515).
- 1786 : Louis-Charles-Rene de Marbeuf, count of Marbeuf, marquis of Cargèse, governor of the Corsica . (° October 4th 1712).
- 1804 : Pierre Méchain, French astronomer.
- 1806 : Utamaro Kitagawa, engraver and painter Japan board.
- 1854 : Frederick Catherwood, illustrator and British architect (° February 27th 1799)
- 1863: Jacob Grimm, storyteller and German linguist .
- 1907 : Henri Moissan, French chemist (Nobel Prize of chemistry 1906)
- 1908: Pablo de Sarasate, violonist virtuoso and Spanish type-setter (° March 10th 1844)
- 1946: Raimu, actor French.
- 1957 : Jean Sibelius, type-setter Finnish.
- 1971 : Georges Séféris, Greek poet .
- 1973 : Ben Webster, musician and singer.
- 1975 : Persian Saint-John, poet and diplomat French.
- 1989 : Nicolas Suarez, weko culaio
- 1993: Zita Johann, Hungarian actress.
- 1996 : Paul Erdős, Hungarian mathematician (° March 26th 1913)
- 1999: Raissa Gorbachev, wife of the former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
- 2000 : Gherman Titov, cosmonaut.
- 2005 : Simon Wiesenthal (96 years), surviving Austrian of the death camps Nazis of the Second world war, which had devoted the remainder of its existence to the tracking of the war criminal Nazis. (° December 31st 1908 in Ukraine).
- 2006 : Armin Jordan Swiss leader
- Day of the opinion in the republican Calendar
First namesThe Davy are affectionate and considered.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Eustace of Rome († towards 118), martyr with his wife co. Théopistie and their sons.
Catholic saints of the day
- Davy of London († 1537), deacon Carthusian monk, martyr in London.
Saying of the day“Wise enjoys the pleasures and like one does without there makes fruits in winter. ”
Beats-smg: Siejės 20 Be-X-old: 20 верасьня Fiu-vro: 20. süküskuu päiv Nds-nl: 20 september Simple: September 20 Zh-yue: 9 月 20 號
|Random links:||Raivavae | Hunter Parrish | Hohenlinden | Palilula (Niš) | International Flamingo Airport|