Letterkenny (in Irish Leitir Ceanainn ) is more the big city of the Comté of Donegal in Ireland. It is located at nearly 60 km at the north of the town of Donegal and at nearly 30 km at the west to Derry (Londonderry) in Northern Ireland.
The city includes/understands about 15000 inhabitants. In spite of its size the city is not the administrative center of the Donegal which is with Donegal Town. From its localization, far from the remainder of the Irish Republic and very near to Northern Ireland, the economy of the city is very dependant on its Derry neighbor.
The principal buildings of the city are the Cathédrale Saint Eunan, Saint Eunan' S College, and the hospital Saint Conal.
Letterkenny began its history as a market at the 17th century and was the first point of passage established on the Swilly river. Letterkenny received the statute of city only to the beginning of the year 1920. Recently the city became a big city under the strategic planning of the Irish government the purpose of which is the distribution balances Irish population everywhere the country. It is a city which moves with boxes modern and famous like “Voodoo”, “The Grill” and “The Pulse”. One finds there pubs tradionnels like “The Cottage” and “McGinley' S”.
The closing of factory “UNIFI” upset the area of Donegal but do not question the happiness and the love of life of the citizens - they are fêtards!
|Random links:||Mézenc mount | Dudelange | James Gandolfini | Thierry Chaix | Camp Boiro Mamadou | Raymond-Roupen_d'Antioch|