Letterfrack ( Leitir Fraic in Irish comes from Leitir meaning rough hillside and perhaps word of former Irish Fraig meaning woman ) is small a Village in the Connemara in Ireland founded by the Quakers in the middle of the XIXe century. It is located at 15km in the North-East of Clifden on the Barnaderg bay and is been dependant on the port of Ballinakill. The tourist bureau of the National park of Connemara is here.
Letterfrack was the place where was the station of radio reception transatlantic of Marconi, associated with the high transmitter power of Clifden. Its service was transferred in a station from reception for recent to Tywyn to Wales, after the station of reception without wire of Marconi was destroyed at the time of the Irish Civil war in 1922.
|Random links:||Erik Satie | Manuel Aeschlimann | Edict of Fontainebleau | IBM | Loves of Chéréas and Callirhoé | Battle of Vinchy | Reward for the soldiers deserving in ancient Egypt | &_d'axe_;_Alliés_:_Jour_J|