See also: Leicester (homonymy)
Of share the presence of its many universities, the population of the city is made up for more than 50% of students mainly of Hindoue origin.
It has the statute of Cité .
In 1976, Leicester accommodated the sixth edition of the festival Europa Cantat.
HistoryOld Ratae Coritanorum , Roman strengthened camp, the city became an important medieval city thereafter, time when many churches were built there. The city became also a great center of hosiery and shoe.
- The Jewry Wall (Roman ruins)
- Cathédrale St-Martin
- The National Space Centers (Museum of astronautics and astronomy)
Activities and leisures
- Gary Lineker, English footballer
- Parminder Nagra, British actress
- Joseph Merrick, Elephant Man
- Richard Attenborough actor and British realizer
- Stephen Frears, British realizer
- Jon Lord, clavierist of the group Deep Purple
- John Deacon, bass player of the rock group Queen
- Leicester City Council
- Official Tourism site for Leicester and Leicestershire
- Leicester City Guides
- Site of the National Space Center
- The Fox, fanzine of Leicester City FC
- Leicester City FC, official site
- the University of Leicester
- the University De Montfort
- The Charlotte, concert hall
- the club of cricket of the county of Leicestershire
|Random links:||Graulges | Jean-Pierre Rioux | Aurelia Gliwski | Kevin Gallacher | Ci Simu | Grange|