SynopsisBlake is a rock'n'roll star introvert. Insulated in its country house, it waits, it awaits the end, a saving end, releasing it from his so-called friends, the obligations of his life, all. Last Days is a history which one knows already the end, not explaining it therefore, leaving us one-to-one with Blake simply.
CommentsOne finds in Last Days a certain number of common points with Gerry and Elephant , the two preceding films of Gus Van Sant:
- long Sequence shot S throughout film.
- a scene of kissing between two boys heterosexuals (set of themes in the middle of the work of Van Sant).
- the entirety of film rests on a real fact various, with a suicide with the key.
- several flashbacks destructurent the chronology of film.
The film is a turbid water diving with hallucinated poetry.
- Title: Last Days
- Realization: Gus Van Sant
- Scenario: Gus Van Sant
- Music: Rodrigo Lopresti
- Director of the photography: Harris Savides
- Assembly: Gus Van Sant
- Country of origin: The United States
- Production companies: HBO Films the United States, Meno Film Company the United States, Picturehouse Entertainment the United States, Black and white Films Inc. the United States
- Producing: Dany Wolf
- Producing associated: Jay Hernandez
- Format: Color - 1.37:1 - Its Dolby DIGITAL
- Kind: drama
- Lasted: 97 minutes
- Comings out date: May 13rd 2005 (presentation with the Cannes festival and exploitation France), June 12th, 2005 (the first USA with the festival of Seattle), July 22nd 2005 (exploitation the USA), August 5th 2005 (Canada), November 23rd, 2005 (left in DVD to France)
- Michael Pitt: Blake
- Lukas Haas : Luke
- Asia Argento : Asia
- Scott Green : Scott
- Nicole Vicius: Nicole
- Ricky Jay: the detective
- Kim Gordon: representing recording company
- Harmony Korine: the type in the box
- the film was presented in competition to the Cannes festival 2005.
- As it is known as at the end of film, the character of Blake takes as a starting point the life of the singer of Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, but the original soundtrack does not contain any piece of the group. This one is composed of titles of the main actor Michael Pitt and of its group Pagoda. It is him even which sings the piece Death to Birth in film. It should be noted that one could already hear it in the film Innocents - The Dreamers of Bernardo Bertolucci.
- the official site
|Random links:||Fatma Boussaha | The Murmur of the seas of Caladan | Museum of Moravie | Charles-Hippolyte Pouthas | Primitive woman | Paul_Janet|