The inhabitants are called: the larnodiens or the larnods (according to other sources, one speaks about larenosques).
Its name indicates that the village is located on the hill, which explains its development during the centuries. Very a long time only the top of the village was inhabited, since communicating with Pugey, Arguel or Beure and thus Besancon. It was a very rural village, the majority of people living of agriculture. It did not count more than 150 to 200 Hab and depended religieusement on Pugey which had a church and a priest with residence. The 18th century should be waited so that the Archevêque of the Diocèse of Besancon authorizes the villagers to build a modest vault there, the vault of tolerance Saint Andre (Of the name of St owner of Pugey!) to celebrate the Marriage S there, burials or the Baptism S.
The village had a relay of Diligence which according to the times was more or less sure and which became in the Fifties a dance hall before converting itself into dwelling house, and which bears still today the name of Maltournée house owing to the fact that it has 5 faces (it also gave its name to the district in which it is located!). There existed also lower part of the village which depended on Busy and which was very far away from the center. This part named the meeting and made up of farms. Between these two parts of villages, the Cerisier S pushed in the meadows only visited by the Vache S.
At the beginning of the 20th century one built a line of Tacot connecting Besancon by a coldly traced way, and which then continued in the campaigns until worms the Suisse.
This line passed by the low village and made it possible this part of the village to develop, with construction of small a Gare under development brick and of a restoring coffee.
Moreover one company of public works settled in this part of the village after the Second world war, benefitting from the layout of the Route of Lyon and allowed thanks to the jobs created to double the population in a minimum of time, allowing to build an important school complex, and to instigate the whole village. The rise of this company stopped in the Eighties and it was taken again by the development of the Besancon-native Agglomération which equipped the village with allotments and considering meeting the two parts of the village by suburban constructions.
Today the village thus counts approximately 650 inhabitants, who for the majority work on Besancon, making the village a little deserted in day.
Some Artisan S settled there but the village suffers still much from this bipolarisation still accentuated by the fact that the Trunk road crosses the old Meeting, not allowing a village spirit in this low part.
Places and monuments
War memorial 1914/1918 front the vault centers village
Personalities related to the commune
Some association S exists and gradually, in partnership with the creation of Large Besancon, the villages meet creating bonds strong at the educational level (Larnod and Pugey are in educational network!), Sport yew and Culture L…
- Common of Doubs
- Larnod on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Larnod on the site of INSEE
- Larnod on the site of Quid
- Localization of Larnod on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Larnod on Mapquest
|Random links:||Mould | Harald Schmidt | X-terminator | Championship of France of male tennis | Bayer (crater)|