In the classification of Sibley and Monroe, of the laridés (or Laridae ) includes/understands 27 S and 129 S, distributed into 2 subfamilies including one divided into 4 tribes, corresponding to 5 distinct families, in traditional classifications. Recent work made it possible to distinguish a new species from Larini: the Seagull pontic Larus cachinnans ; the Seagull leucophée becoming Larus michahellis .
Contrary to a spread opinion, much of laridés are not marine birds. Good number of species reproduce at the edge of continental water, and for the majority of the others, the distribution is rather coastal, especially for the period of Nidification.
List subfamilies and tribes
- Larinae 15 kinds & 106 species
- Stercorariini 1 kinds & 8 species
- Rynchopini 1 kind & 3 species
- Larini 6 kinds & 51 species (see Seagull and Gull)
- Sternini 7 kinds & 44 species
- Alcinae 12 kinds & 24 species
|Random links:||Canton of Berlaimont | Beyond nothing | EpÃ³xido | Saint-Masmes | Noise and fury | Arizaro | Jared_Sandberg|