Technical inventions of Lancia:
- the axle before tubular of Alpha of 1907, which makes it possible to gain weight.
- the electric system of Theta in 1913, which avoids on the motorists the returns of crank to starting.
- Driving completely out of aluminum - V4 and pistons - on Tipo 67 of 1923.
- V-engines narrow, equipped with variable angles between the lines of cylinders, used without interruption between 1918 and 1976.
- First mass-production car equipped with a V6, in 1954: Lancia Aurelia
Lancia holds the record of the greatest number of victories and titles gained in Championnat of the world of the rallys, in particular thanks to the Fulvia cut , the Stratos , with the lines in corner, and the Delta Integral , crowned six times consecutively.
Lancia preserves this image of luxurious cars, with the atypical lines, quite far away from the vehicles of " Mister everyone ". The owners of Lancia are called " lancistes" .
Francized, the mark decides " Lancia" , to Italian one will say " rather; Lanchia" .
1906, Vincenzo Lancia and Claudio Fogolin founds the " Lancia & C. Fabbrica Automobili" November 29th, 1906 in Turin,
The new business rents the workshops of a former car manufacturer inhabitant of Turin, Itala. In February 1907, a fire is declared in the workshop and all work on plans and the prototype of the first car leave in smoke. This will push back in the month of September 1907 the presentation of this Lancia prototype.
Manufacture really began in 1908 and the first frame 12HP was exposed to the 8th International fair of Turin on January 18th, 1908. The code name of the vehicle was Tipo 51 but was more known under the label Alpha, first letter of the alphabet Greek, which will become a practice at Vincenzo Lancia.
The first comment on this new car came from the English review Autocar which judged it quiet, been driven by an admirable very flexible, well designed engine and finished superbly well.
1912, Lancia presents its first military truck, the 1Z . This truck was immediately in equipment of the Army Italian in Libya, with dimensions of famous FIAT 15 and 18. The activity of this sector stopped only in 1975 with the integration of Lancia manufacture in IVECO.
1931, on October 1st, 1931 was created in Paris the company Lancia Automobiles for the manufacture of the Italian cars in France. As FIAT which had done it before it, Lancia was solved there, struck by the taxes of 150 % applied in France to the foreign imports of industrial products. More 3 000 Augusta ( renamed Belna ) and 1 600 Aprilia ( the Ardennes ) will be built in the Lancia factory of Bonneuil-sur-Marne.
1937, on February 15th, Vincenzo Lancia dies of one heart attack at the 56 years age. His wife and her son, engineer, take the direction of the company. Vincenzo Lancia will not attend the presentation of the last car which it had personally and thoroughly developed, Aprilia. This car had an immense business success.
1950, presentation of the Lancia Aurelia, first car with being equipped with a self-supporting body and either with a frame, suspensions with four independent wheels and of a gear box group, clutch and differential with the back.
1955, the management of the company becomes very delicate for Mrs. Lancia. The group Italcementi, one of the first cement manufacturers in the world, repurchases Lancia.
1969, integration of Lancia in the group FIAT.
1975, the Lancia trucks are integrated in range FIAT - IVECO.
Integrated within galaxy FIAT, Lancia division was initially left independent. The originality of its products disappeared slowly because the objective was the standardization of manufacture within the group. Gathered then with Alfa Romeo, Lancia found a little splendor of antan and was seen entrusting the destiny of Autobianchi division. It is at this period that the has 112 presented its most luxurious versions, then appeared Y which was baptized Autobianchi only on the Italian market.
The financial serious attack which shook the giant FIAT in 2000 carried a terrible blow in Lancia who could never make evolve/move his product of average range, Lybra, same manner that Alfa Romeo with its 156 did it. Lancia was almost abandoned with its fate during several years.
Fortunately, the new leaders of FIAT made a success of a true miracle by rectifying in a spectacular way the giant of Turin and will launch starting from 2008 several innovations: delta HPE already presented like study of style in 2005, a 4x4 on the basis of FIAT Sedici and a half-compartment convertible of the style Fulvia HF.
Old: 1906 - 1945
- Lancia Alpha - 1908: 108 built specimens
- Lancia Dialpha - 1908: 23 ex
- Lancia Beta - 1909: 150 ex
- Lancia Gamma - 1910: 258 ex
- Lancia Delta - 1911: 303 ex
- Lancia Didelta - 1911: 3 ex racing car racing
- Lancia Epsilon - 1911-12: 351 ex
- Lancia Eta - 1911-14: 582 ex
- Lancia Theta - 1913-18: 1 696 ex
- Lancia Kappa - 1919-22: 1 810 ex
- Lancia Dikappa - 1921-22: 160 ex
- Lancia Trikappa - 1922-25: 847 ex
- Lancia Lambda - 1922-31: 13 003 ex
- Lancia Dilambda - 1928-35: 1 685 ex
- Lancia Artena - 1931-42: 10 636 ex
- Lancia Astura - 1931-39: 2 954 ex
- Lancia Augusta - 1932-38: 17 217 ex + 3 000 built in France
- Lancia Aprilia - 1937-49: 27. 36 ex + 1 620 built in France
- Lancia Ardea - 1939-53: 31 961 ex
Recent: 1950 - 1970
- Lancia Aurelia - 1950-58: 18 419 ex
- Lancia Appia - 1953-63: 109 438 ex
- Lancia Flaminia - 1957-70: 12 641 ex
- Lancia Flavia - 1960-74: 102 732 ex
- Lancia Fulvia - 1963-76: 338 996 ex
- Lancia Flavia 2000 - 1970-74: 17 066 ex
Lancia under era FIAT
- Lancia Autobianchi has 112 - 1971-86: 1 311 322 ex
- Lancia Beta (β) - 1972-84: 366 020 ex
- Lancia Stratos - 1974-75: 495 ex - Car of rally race
- Lancia Beta Monte Carlo - 1975-81: 7 595 ex
- Lancia 037 - - Car of rally race
- Lancia Gamma (γ) - 1976-84: 22 076 ex
- Lancia Delta (δ) - 1979-95: 483 162 ex
- Lancia Prisma - 1982-89: 386 697 ex
- Lancia Thema - 1984-94: 357 572 ex
- Lancia Y10 (in Italy under the mark Autobianchi) - 1985-96: 802 605 ex
- Lancia Dedra - 1989-99: 418 084 ex
- Lancia Kappa (κ) - 1994-2000: 117 216 ex
- Lancia Zeta - 1995-2002
- Lancia Y - 1996-2003
- Lancia Lybra - 1999-2005
- Lancia Lybra Station Coach
- Lancia Phedra - 2002 - in progress
- Lancia Thesis - 2002 - in progress
- Lancia Ypsilon - 2003 - in progress
- Musa Lancia - 2004 - in progress
- future Delta HPE: presentation awaited in 2008
Trucks and Lancia bus
- 1Z - 1912-16: 91 ex
- Jota - Dijota - 1915-20: 2 301 ex
- Trijota - Tetrajota - 1921: 673 ex
- Pentajota - 1924: 2 191 ex
- Esajota - Eptajota - 1927: 1 998 ex
- Omicron - 1927-36: 601 ex - This vehicle gave rise to the first coaches with bearing structure with the reputation of indestructibles buses. Very a long time, these Lancia coaches were used on the connection between Sudan and Algeria, through the Sahara, they exceeded all the 2 million kilometers!
- Ro - 1932: 1 419 ex
- rho-rho - 1935: 301 civil versions + 3 746 military versions
- 3Ro - 1938: 12 701 ex
- EsaRo - 1941: 2 001 ex
- electric E290 Truck: 61 ex
- 6Ro - 1947-53
- Esatau - 1950-68: 777 ex
- Beta - 1950-60
- Esadelta - 1959-75
- Esagamma - 1968-75: this giant of the road was also manufactured in Libya
- official Belgian Site in French
- total Official site
- Italian bus club - French-speaking club dedicated to the Cars Italians
- nonofficial Site - photographic libraries, histories, forums
|Random links:||Larynx | Cleave Staples Lewis | Mimic (X-Men) | Adelaide de Souza | Jeroen Simaeys | Médecine_psychosomatique|