See also: Palestro (homonymy)
GeographyLakhdaria is to 44 km of Bouira, on a loop of the Isser wadi. The wadi dug on 4 km in the mountain the throats of Beni Amrane, which are also called throats of Lakhdaria.
HistoryThe center of colonization was created on November 18th, 1869 by a decree of the French emperor Napoleon III. It was a village of 59 fires on the territory of Ben Hini crossed by the imperial road number 5 of Algiers to Constantine, with 79 kilometers of Algiers and with 25 kilometers of the collar of Beni Baited. It was named Palestro (transcribed rear RTL Arabic باليسترو), in memory of the battle of Palestro in Italy.
The April 20th 1871, at the time of the insurrections which made following the French defeat vis-a-vis in Prussia, the village was attacked and partly destroyed by troops Kabyles directed by the sheik El-Mokrani. One brought back 46 dead and of many missings. The village was rebuilt thereafter.
The July 11th 2007, a Attack-suicide made approximately 10 died and 35 wounded in a barracks with Zbarbora. The attack was asserted by the group Al-Qaida for the Islamic Maghreb (the former salafist Group for preaching and the combat). The September 21st 2007, it is a transporting vehicle of the workers of the stopping Koudiet Acerdoun coming from Maâla, near the village of Blessed-Ferha, which was victim of a attack-suicide causing 9 wounded, including 3 Europeans.
Because of the Algerian Civil war in the Years 1990, the inhabitants of the villages neighborhood gathered in mass with Lakhdaria, causing a fast rise of its population and the construction of cheap buildings. The origin of the inhabitants is partly kabylophone and partly Arabic-speaking person.
Personalities related to the commune
- the Minister for tourism Mohamed-Seghir Kara
- the painter Mohammed Bouzid
- the professor in surgery and politician Ali Bouzid
|Random links:||Manfred symphony | Marcel Brion | Putney Heath | Foie gras | Playoffs NBA 1950 | 1746_dans_la_musique|