HistoryThe oldest traces of the human presence on the soil of Laillé go back to 4000 before Jesus Christ. The menhir of Rock-which-is unemployed was set up by the first farmers, cultivating corn, raising ox and the sheep and manufacturer of the clay potteries. In the last centuries before Jesus-Christ, the Gallic ones, which belong to the people of Redones, clear massively; several names of hamlets, such Caran, have the memory of it. Montheleu, is certainly small a oppodum going back to this time.
Overcome by César into 56 before Jesus-Christ, the life of these Gallic is organized around their Condate capital (reindeers) and of the Roman ways which radiate this city. That which connects Rennes to Nantes passes to Laillé, with the site of the current borough. Laillé is then the “Fundus lallius”, i.e. the field of a landowner named Lallius, which will give its name to the parish, then with the commune. This field covers hundreds of hectares and is one of most important belt with corn which surrounds Condate.
At the time of Clovis (Ve and 6th centuries), the area of Laillé is the object of a double pressure, that of the frank invaders towards the East and that of the Breton immigrants towards the West. It is allowed to affirm that in fact the Francs make stock with Laillé, the Breton ones stopping in the West of Unpleasant (Guichen: the old borough into Breton). If they had crossed the river durably, the parish which is born at that time would be called Laillac (as it is the case in Breton-speaking country: Messac, Lohéac) and not Laillé.
This parish makes its entry in the History into 850. Nominoé has just founded the Breton kingdom after having overcome the emperors Carolingian and taken Rennes. The cartulaire of Redon - the abbey states to us that a woman, Bernegarda, sell percent under with the Conwoin abbot, directing the monastery, a patch of land located in the “vicaria of the vicus of lAillé (in vegetaria laliacense vico) in the villa which is called Sévigné”. At that time, the parish is organized around a rustic wood oratory where two monks, David and Morund, celebrate the worship. At the 10th century, the Norman ones go up the Unpleasant one and are spread in Brittany. Pagan, they drive out the monks and the clerks for very a long period.
On these ruins sets up itself slowly the feudal time of which well little testimony lailléens is known for us. Monks were established in Dom Hué (Dom Hux, Dominus Hugo) where they created an artificial pond by barring the course of the Rachat brook. This work is still in service today. The clearings give to Laillé its current face. In testify the many localities finishing in - boards or - ière, preceded by the name of the owner (Giquelais = the farm of Giquel, Bossadière = that of Bossard)
The temporal power is with the hands of a family of Laillé whose first written testimony concerns Guillaume de Laillé who swears, in 1379, the association of the nobility of Brittany to prevent the invasion of the duchy by the foreigner. The seal of this lord contains an escutcheon “carrying to three pots or orceaux of sand (black cauldrons)”. In 1472, Jean de Villethébaud inherited the grounds and the manor of Guinemenière, frame to the site of the current castle of Laillé. In 1636, the owner of the places, Jacques Busnel, sees himself granting by Louis XIII the right to hold two fairs, “one first Monday after the non-working ones of Easter, the other the day of the feste holy Michel”. The festival of the Saint-Michel remained, until today, one of the key periods of the calendar lailléen.
In 1650, the strongholds of Laillé are sold to Claude de Marboeuf, govern the Parliament of Brittany. In 1678, Louis XIV links these strongholds in a seigniory, if powerful that it holds the row of châtellenie: “… like full strongholds soubs the name, titrates and name of the ground, seigniory and jurisdiction of Laillé, to make return, exert and continue jointly high, average and low justice on all the vassal men and tenants of the aforesaid strongholds with the borough of Laillé or another more convenient place, by mesmes judges and officers that it established there or others that it will establish there for this purpose; luy allowing moreover to bastir audience and prisons, to raise forks patibulaires (the gibet) to three or four pillars…”
In 1742, the seigniory is sold percent twenty thousand books with the family of Bourdonnaye-Montluc which is one of most powerful of Brittany. To have a residence in connection with his social position, the marquis de Montluc makes cut down the antique manor which is replaced by the imposing castle of Laillé. Started in 1779, construction is hardly completed when the French revolution bursts which constrained the marquis with the exile.
This building was one of largest of Brittany. The peasants saw it with “as many windows as day ago in the year”. More modestly, the land register allotted 159 doors and windows to him. In 1836, this vast residence was inhabited only by Sévère of Bourdonnaye, unmarried shareholder, his Sophie sister, also unmarried, an abbot and 14 servants. A nephew of Mr. de Bourdonnaye inherited it and due to separate some shortly after. New the purchasers were the Récipon family who made it demolish in 1914, in order to build new. The first world war stopped the project and what became the castle corresponds to the orangery of old.
During the second world war, the owner, Miss Récipon illustrated themselves in Resistance. It was one of the most decorated women and gave its name to the principal place of Laillé.
Places and monumentsthe Vault of the desert: In 1681, the lord of Laillé quoted already this vault destroyed partly under the revolution and rebuilt in 1833
the rock which is unemployed: Menhir reversed in 1867 at the time of the search for a treasure.
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of Ille-et-Vilaine
- Seigniory of Laillé - Relates to Laillé, Poligné, Messac, Bath-of-Brittany, Pléchatel, Orgères - Dimensions 23 J 492 to 23 J 535,23 J 590 to 23 J 745 > Fonds of Bourdonnaye-Montluc (23 J), Archives I&V.
|Random links:||Lista de pintores polacos | Suétone | Fontrabiouse | Felix Ticket | Giulio Campi | Flight 96 American Airlines | Pablo_de_Sarasate|