BiographyAfter secondary studies, it enters to the Academy of film of Łódź. It is pointed out for its gifts and its charisma. It leaves there graduate in 1969.
It does not approach the fiction, regarded then as a middle-class mode, but the documentary one, more in conformity with the economic model of Poland of the time. It carries out a score of it, in the form of short-measurings, of means-measurings or documentary of television. Integrated well in the Polish company, it will make use of its films to show the internal inconsistencies of the system. One thus generally finds in his documentary on a side, individuals, rich person of their forces, their determination and other the bureaucracy shifted and inoperative compared to this lifeblood.
The transition towards the fiction takes place with the scar , very near still to documentary social with the passages “meetings of the party”. Its films have great qualities but Kieślowski does not receive any intellectual recognition, and the Occident is unaware of it.
In fact the ten films of the Décalogue bring the world-famous personality to him in 1988. These films of the Decalog are not inevitably of better quality that its preceding films and yet, them, cause an avalanche of praises in Western Europe.
Kieślowski carries out then the trilogy Bleu, Blanc, Rouge , bearing on the three terms of the currency of the France: Freedom - Equality - Fraternity. These films are by-products in France by Marin Karmitz. He is then again success.
Of fragile health, he announces in Berlin his decision not to carry out a film more. He wants to turn to the writing and the production. He thus starts the writing of a new trilogy: the paradise, the hell and the purgatory .
He dies prematurely, the March 13rd 1996 at the 55 years age, in Warsaw. Of its last trilogy, it will have had time to write the first episode, Heaven , which will be adapted after its death, by Tom Tykwer.
Catalog of films
1966 : the Tram ( Tramwaj ), Fiction, 6 min, Film of study
- 1966: the Office ( Urząd ), Documentary, 6 min, Film of study
- 1967: Concert of wishes ( Koncert życzeń ), Fiction, 17 min
- 1968: Photography ( Zdjęcie ), Documentary, 32 min
- 1969: Of the town of Łódź ( Z miasta Łodzi ), Documentary, 18 min
- 1970: I was soldier ( Byłem żołnierzem ), Documentaire, 16 min
- 1970: the Factory ( Fabryka ), Documentary, 18 min
- 1971: Before the rally ( Przed rajdem ), Documentary, 15 min
- 1972: Refrain ( Refren ), Documentary, 10 min
- 1972: Between Wrocław and Zielona Górą ( Między Wrocławiem I Zieloną Górą ), Documentary, 11 min
- 1972: Principles of safety and hygiene in a copper mine ( Podstawy bhp W kopalni miedzi ), Documentary, 21 min
- 1972: Workmen of 71: nothing on us without us ( Robotnicy' 71 NIC O nas bez nas ), Documentaire, 47 min
- 1972: the Mason ( Murarz ), Documentary, 18 min
- 1973: Underpass ( Przejście podziemne ), Fiction, 30 min
- 1974: Radiography ( Prześwietlenie ), Documentary, 30 min
- 1974: First love ( Pierwsza miłość ), documentary Fiction, 30 min
- 1975: Curriculum vitae ( Życiorys ), documentary Fiction, 45 min
- 1975: the Personnel ( Personal ), Fiction, 72 min
- 1976: the Hospital ( Szpital ), Documentary, 21 min
- 1976: the Scar ( Blizna ), Fiction, 104 min
- 1976: the Slate ( Klaps ), Fiction, 6min
- 1976: Peace ( Spokój ), Fiction, 44 min
- 1977: From the point of view of the night watchman ( Z punktu widzenia nocnego will portiera ), Documentaire, 17 min
- 1977: I do not know ( Nie wiem ), Documentaire, 47 min
- 1978: Seven women of different age ( Siedem kobiet W różnym wieku ), Documentary, 16 min
- 1979: the Amateur ( Amator ), Fiction, 112 min
- 1980: the Station ( Dworzec ), Documentary, 14 min
- 1980: speaking Heads ( Gadające głowy ), Documentary, 16 min
- 1981: a small day's work ( Krótki dzień pracy ), Fiction, 79 min
- 1985: Without end ( Bez końca ), Fiction, 107 min
- 1987: the Chance ( Przypadek ), Fiction, 122 min
- 1988: the seven days Week ( Siedem dni W tygodniu ), Documentary, 18 min
- 1988: You will not kill ( Krótki film O zabijaniu ), Fiction, 85 min
- 1988: Short history of love ( Krótki film O miłości ), Fiction, 86 min
- 1988: Decalog , cycle of 10 telefilms
- Decalog, 1 ( Dekalog, jeden ), 53 min
- Decalog, 2 ( Dekalog, dwa ), 57 min
- Decalog, 3 ( Dekalog, trzy ), 56 min
- Decalog, 4 ( Dekalog, cztery ), 55 min
- Decalog, 5 ( Dekalog, pięć ), 57 min
- Decalog, 6 ( Dekalog, sześć ), 58 min
- Decalog, 7 ( Dekalog, siedem ), 55 min
- Decalog, 8 ( Dekalog, osiem ), 55 min
- Decalog, 9 ( Dekalog, dziewięć ), 58 min
- Decalog, 10 ( Dekalog, dziesięć ), 57 min
- 1991: Double life of Veronique , Fiction, 98 min
- Three Colors: Blue, White, Red
|Random links:||Chicago Cubs | Vendémiaire | Roumen Kroumov | Louis Jean Marie de Bourbon | Flashpoint (film, 1984) | CKG|