Kirikou and the Witch
HistoryIt is the history of a little boy in Africa, very mature, which speaks already in the belly about his/her mother and who gives birth to herself all alone. He lives in a village struck by the curse of a powerful witch, Karaba, which makes reign terror: there is no more water and all the men of the village were removed. Kirikou wants to know why it is so malicious and decides to help the villagers…
- Producing: the Ship-owners (France), Odec Kid Cartoons (Belgium), Monipoly (Luxembourg)
- Scenario and dialogs: Michel Ocelot & Raymond Burlet
- Original music: Youssou Dour
- decorator Chief: Thierry Million
- Theo Sebeko : Kirikou
- Antoinette Kellermann: Karaba
- Kombisile Sangweni : The mother of Kirikou
The film“ Kirikou is not large, but it is valiant ” is the refrain of the song which one often hears during film. This sentence also applies to film: with few means, Michel Ocelot carried out a film recognized and appreciated by the critic, full with charm which charms the large ones and the small ones. The decoration in the style “naive painting” and the music of Youssou Dour, interpreted on traditional instruments, take part fully in the success of film.
- With the the United States, this film is unknown children, it indeed is diffused on television only at advanced hours of the night because reserved to an informed public ( mature viewers ). The reason is the nudity of the chest of the witch (and other women of the village), that Michel Ocelot refused to censure.
- Youssou Dour was particularly justified by the music of this film, not having been retained to make to the music of the film the King Lion of the studios Disney
|Random links:||Regiment of Valirault | Ken Read | Shabestan | Marcelino Ramos | Colombian music|