see also: Etymology of Kent
See also: Coulonces
GeographyLocated on the edges of the Brévogne, Coulonces is a typical village of the Norman Scrap-metal, with a borough relatively not very wide and a great number of dwellings gathered in Hameaux on the remainder of the territory of the commune. Two others course-of water the cross-piece: the Transfers and Rimorin. Let us note the localities:
- Bordeau (of which the probable etymology is Bord of water )
- Pont Huplin
HistoryThe history of Coulonces is extremely rich, it owes it in particular with the barons of Coulonces (the baronnie was set up in 1336) of which several were governors of Transfers and including one, Jean of $the Hague, was at the sides of Jeanne d' Arc with the head office of Orleans. Trivia: The village lodged a swimming pool on the river banks, built during the Second world war (1940). Unfortunately, the lack of frequentation, led the swimming pool to the ruin, and there remains today only one vague concreted vat filled with vase.
Places and monumentsThe village of coulonces famous for its famous ex-round-point-cemetery-Church is recently disappeared following a logistic rehandling from the direction from circulation in the center from the village. Remain the presence on its ground of the one of the only twisted bridges of Europe which ensures a single notoriety in the Bocage virois.
Personalities related to the communeTo the 17th century, the physicist Polinière, born in Coulonces, presented his inventions near the king, notemment a prototype of bulb.
- Common of the Apple-brandy
- history of Coulonces
- Coulonces on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Coulonces on the site of INSEE
- Coulonces on the site of Quid
- Localization of Coulonces on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Coulonces on Mapquest
|Random links:||Ordinal number | ISO 3166-2: ES | Cottens (Freiburg) | Charles Johnson | Sévoflurane | Kent|