Karl-Otto Call , born with Düsseldorf in 1922, former professor with the University of Frankfurt, is a German Philosophe .
Its work initially concerned the history of the concept of Langage in the European Culture (in particular at Nicolas de Cues, Dante and Vico). It was also interested in the problems arising from the communication and the epistemology of the social sciences by an analysis of the concepts of explanation ( Erklären ) and of comprehension ( Verstehen ). This approach led it to a redécouverte famous debates ( Methodenstreit ) of the beginning of the XXe century (implying in particular Wilhelm Dilthey and max Weber) concerning the Méthodologie of what one named sciences of the spirit ( Geisteswissenschaft ).
The last works of Call, elaborate in close cooperation with Jürgen Habermas, relate to the development of a " ethical of the discussion ". Call defends a position there known as " Pragmatic transcendantale" asserting Kant.
Call contributed much to diffuse the thought of the American philosopher Charles Sanders Peirce and - more largely - the Pragmatisme (William James, John Dewey, George Herbert Mead) in Germany. He is also an important commentator of philosophers such as Wittgenstein and Heidegger, which enables him to be the " passeur" between two traditions by trying a synthesis the analytical Philosophie enters Anglo-Saxon and philosophy known as " continentale" or Hermeneutics.
It is within this framework that it develops a theory of the ethical which wants to be universal (with the Kantian direction), opened with all the speakers and from which the Owe is to eliminate the obstacles with the Communication. Like Habermas, Call falls under the tradition progressist of the Lumières ( Aufklärung ) of which the " project remains inachevé" and open.
Die Idea der Sprache in DER Tradition of Humanismus von Dante (a) Vico (" The idea of language in the humanistic tradition of Dante with Vico") (1963)
- Transformation DER Philosophy , 2 T. (1973)
- Der Denkweg von Charles Sanders Peirce - Eine Einführung in den amerikanischen Pragmatismus (1975)
- Die Erklären/Verstehen - Kontroverse in transzendentalpragmatischer Sicht (1979). (Transl. france: To explain: To include/understand , Paris, the Editions of the Stag, 2000)
- Diskurs und Verantwortung. Das Problem of Moral Übergangs zur postkonventionellen (1988). (Transl. france: Discussion and Responsabilitẻ , Paris, Editions of the Stag, 1996-1998)
- Ethical of the discussion , Paris, Editions of the Stag (1994)
Official site of the philosopher:
|Random links:||Group Canal+ | Zanni | Hélisurface | List members of the Territories of the North-West about Canada | Alan Lloyd Hodgkin | Sciences and technology in the Ottoman Empire | Wroxall|