The Piliers of Islam are the duties impossible to circumvent that all the Moslems must apply. Most notable and respected are five. These duties are not explicitly underlined in Coran like are the Ten Commands in the Bible, but reported in a prophetic Hadith: " Islam is built on five " (Paid by Al-Boukharî and Muslim). The concept was adopted by all the Branches of Islam, except exceptions the such Kharijite S which reject it. The duties of the Moslems are not limited to these pillars but their application is imperative.
SunnismeParallel to the six articles of the profession of faith (`Aqida), the five pillars of Islam are five important obligations which must be respected by any responsible person (pubescent, healthy of spirit and having heard the call of Islam).
- five daily prayers: ( Salat , Have-salaat ).
- alms: the Zakat ( Azz-zakaat ) is alms with poorest in the prescribed proportions.
- the fast of the month of Ramadan: ( Saoum , Have-siyam ) rising of the sun to its sleeping, the fast is prescribed. In the event of disease which would prevent it or in a state of impurity (not tahar ) (Menstruation for example), the same number of days must be fasted during the year. It is recommended to read Coran in its entirety lasting this month, as did it Mahomet.
- the pilgrimage with Mecque: ( Hadjj , Al hajj ) at least once in its life if the believer or believing it in has the average physiques and materials.
It will be noticed that, contrary to a spread idea, the Djihad, or Holy war (either against its clean bad inclinations Djihad year-Nafs , or against the attackers) does not form part of the pillars.
The Duodécimain SThe Shiites duodécimains believe in doctrines including the five pillars inter alia, but consider them differently.
The five articles of the profession of faith are the Racines of the religion ( Usūl Al-Dīn ); which it is necessary to add the branches of the religion ( Furū Al-Dīn ), similar to the pillars sunnites:
- Salat - (Persian: Namaaz )
- fast of the month of Ramadan
- Khums, 1/5 annual tax taken once per annum
- Jihad (" effort"), effort to give pleasure with God. Jihad large or intern is the efforts which a heart vis-a-vis the demons must make. Jihad small or external, is the efforts that the believer must make with respect to the environment and various aspects of his life.
- Amr-Bil-Ma' rūf or to encourage what is good
- Nahi-Indigo plant-Munkar or to prevent what is bad
- Tawalla, to like the Ahl Al-Bayt (family of the prophet) and its successors
- Tabarra, to dissociate itself from the enemies of Ahl Al-Bayt.
The Ismaélien SThe ismaéliens consider four of the five pillars sunnites and add “love and devotion” to the Imam S, Mahomet and God, purity and Jihad.
Walayah : love and devotion for Allah, the Prophet, the Imam (and its Dai)
- Taharah: purity and cleanliness
- Salat: daily prayer
- fast of the Ramadan
- Jihad (" effort"), in the biblical direction “the faith without work is death”.
However some consider only six pillars and in this case without recognizing the allegiance with the Imams and Jihad.
DruzesThe Druze S follow the seven pillars ismaéliens with an allegiance to their Imam walaaya .
|Random links:||Astrée (mythology) | Tudela | F.I.R. | Jean-Marie Serreau | Marginis pond | KAB-500KR|