The June 9th is the 160e Jour of the Année (161e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1140: Dedication of the Western frontage of the Basilica of Saint-Denis.
- 1348 : The Pape Clément VI buys Avignon with the queen of Jeanne of Naples, which is also countess of Provence.
- 1358 : The knights, led by Charles d' Evreux, crush the army of peasants, badly equipped and badly ordered, of the Jacquerie, with the Bataille of Mello.
- 1534 : Jacques Cartier is the first European to discover the the St. Lawrence on the North-American continent .
- 1660 : Marriage of Louis XIV, king de France, and of Marie-Therese of Austria, infante of Spain, with Saint-Jean-with-Luz.
- 1800 : French Victoire with the Battle of Montebello
- 1944 : 99 hung men with Tulle by units of 2nd Divison S Das Reich.
- 1993 : conquest of the 24e Cut Stanley of the Canadian of Montreal.
2002 : France, first turn of the legislative elections
- 2005: France, beginning of the marketing of the Renault Logan
- 2006: Beginning of the Football world cup in Germany. The tournament ends on July 9th.
- 1595 : Ladislas IV Vasa, king of Poland, († May 20th 1648)
- 1813: Hermann Lebert, Doctor and German Naturalist, . († 1878)
- 1859: Doveton Sturdee, British Admiral . († May 7th 1925)
- 1891: Cole Porter, Type-setter and American Lyric writer . († October 15th 1964)
- 1901: Barbara Cartland, British writer . († May 21st 2000)
- 1914: Jacques Fauvet, Journalist French. († June 1st 2002)
- 1921: Jean Lacouture, Journalist, Historian and writer French.
- 1925 : Jerome Lindon, editor French. († April 9th 2001)
- 1927: Free Donatoni, Type-setter Italy N of the 20th century. († August 17th 2000)
- 1930: Barbara, French Singer . († November 25th 1997)
- 1939: Michel Lang, Realizer French.
- 1961 : Michael J. Fox, American actor
- 1963: Johnny Depp, Actor and American Realizer .
- 1964 : Gloria Reuben, producing Actress and Canadian.
- 1978 : Matthew Bellamy, principal singer, Guitarist and Pianist of the group of independent Rock'n'roll MUSE.
- 1979 : Emilie Loit, player Professional of Tennis French.
- 1981 : Natalie Portman, actress israélo - American.
- 1012 : Unger, bishop of Poznań.
- 1572 : Jeanne d' Albret, queen of Navarre. (° January 7th 1528)
- 1701: Philippe of Orleans, brother of Louis XIV known as Mister . (° September 21st 1640)
- 1717: Mystical Mrs Guyon, French. (° April 13rd 1648)
- 1870: Charles Dickens, British writer . (° February 7th 1812)
- 1874: Cochise, chief apache Chiricahua. (° Ca 1812)
- 1875: Gerard Paul Deshayes, geologist and conchyliologist French. (° May 13rd 1795)
- 1923: Arishima Takeo, writer, short story writer and essay writer Japan board. (º March 4th 1878)
- 1942: Maurice Wilmotte, Belgian Novelist . (° July 11th 1861).
- 1973 : John Creasey, British writer . (° September 17th 1908)
- 2007 : World day of knitting.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Cyrille of Alexandria († 444), bishop.
- Colomba d' Iona († 597), Irish abbot apostle of the Scotland.
- Vincent d' Agen (3rd century), deacon martyr.
Catholic saints of the day
Armenian apostolic saint of the day
- Holy Gregoire the illuminator
Beats-smg: Bėrželė 9 Be-X-old: 9 чэрвеня Fiu-vro: 9. piimäkuu päiv Nds-nl: 9 juni Simple: June 9 Zh-yue: 6 月 9 號
|Random links:||Eberbach (river) | Marc Carbonneau | Leon Escoffier | Luigi Chinetti | Rights and Democracy|