The June 8th is the 159e Jour of the Année (160e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1442 : The king Charles VII makes his solemn entry with Toulouse, where it comes for the meeting from the States from Languedoc.
- 1637 : Rene Descartes publishes the Discourse on Method with Leyde.
- 1866 : First meeting of the Canadian Parliament with Ottawa.
- 1938 : Foundation in France of the working Socialist party and peasant
- 1944: Massacre of Tulle. Division Das Reich (known thereafter for the massacre of Oradour-on-Glane) penetrates in the " city; libérée" day before by ftp. 99 inhabitants are hung, and 149 other deportees
- 1968: Arrest of James Earl Ray, the assassin of Martin Luther King
- 1972: Formation of the Central of the democratic trade unions to the Quebec
- First legislative elections free in Czechoslovakia since 1945
- the Football world cup begins with Milan.
- 1992 : With the Mali, nomination of the President Alpha Oumar Konaré, first President of IIIe Republic
- 1997: Alpha Oumar Konaré, president of the Republic of the Mali, starts second a five years mandate.
- the first transit of Venus in front of the Sun since 1882; the following will take place the June 6th 2012
- Dépôt of the heart of Louis XVII in the royal crypt of the Basilique Saint-Denis.
- 2007 :
- Clôture of the 33ème top of G8 to Heiligendamm in Germany (State of the Mecklembourg-Poméranie-Western) to which Nicolas Sarkozy is suspected by the Belgian television of having made a drunk speech after being itself maintained with the president Vladimir Poutine. The chain was excused of that later.
- Marine Soljačić, researcher of MIT research, discovers the electric method of tranfert without wire, which he baptizes: the WiTricité .
- 1625 : Jean-Dominique Cassini, astronomer and Engineer French. († September 14th 1712)
- 1724: John Smeaton, British Engineer . († October 28th 1792)
- 1772: Robert Stevenson, Civil engineer Scottish known to have built the Headlight Beautiful Rock'n'roll located in the the North Sea. († July 12th 1850)
- 1810: Robert Schumann, German Type-setter of the romantic movement . († July 29th 1856)
- 1829: John Everett Millais, painter and British Illustrator préraphaélite. († August 13rd 1896)
- 1903: Marguerite Yourcenar, writer E French, first woman elected with the French Academy. († December 17th 1987)
- 1926: Philippe Castelli, Actor French. († April 16th 2006)
- 1927: Wiktor Woroszylski, writer and Poet Polish. († September 13rd, 1996)
- 1937: Bruce McCandless II, American astronaut
- 1940: Nancy Sinatra, singer and actress states-unienne
- 1947 : Julie Driscoll, British singer
- 1960: Agnes Soral, French actress .
- 1963 : Kéti Garbí, Greek singer
- 1966: Alexandre Troubine, former Russian racing cyclist , born with Sverdlovsk.
- 1977 : Kanye West, US rappor.
- 1982 : Nadia Petrova, Russian tennis player.
- 1983 : Kim Clijsters, Dutch-speaking Tennis woman Belgian
- 545 : Holy Medard of Boundary-line and Medardus, with Boundary-line (° Ca 456)
- 632: Mahomet, prophet, war leader and unifier of the Arab peninsula, (° Ca 570)
- 1042: Knud II Bold the, king of England and Denmark. (° 1018 or 1019)
- 1409: Guy III of Roye, religious French, who was bishop of Verdun, of Dol and Castres, archbishop of Turns and Sens.
- 1675 : John Jonston, Doctor Polish, author of a zoological Encyclopedia . (° September 3rd 1603)
- 1794: Gottfried August Bürger, German Poet . (° January 1st 1748)
- 1795: Louis XVII (10 years), King de France, wire of Louis XVI. (° March 27th 1785)
- 1801: Perrucho (Francisco García), Spanish Matador (° 1745).
- 1876 : George Sand, writer French. (° July 1st 1804)
- 1896: Jules Simon ( Swiss François-Jules ), Philosopher and French statesman (° December 27th, 1814)
- 1945: Robert Desnos, Poet French, † with the Concentration camp of Theresienstadt in Czechoslovakia. (° July 4th, 1900)
- 1947: Amélie Zurcher, instigator of discovered potash in the Alsatian basement . (° August 27th, 1858)
- 1959: Jean of Varende, writer French. (° May 24th, 1887)
- 1963: Gaston Ramon, Veterinary and Biologist French. (° September 30th, 1886)
- 1966: Joseph A. Walker, Test pilot and American Astronaut . (° February 20th, 1921)
- 1969: Robert Taylor, American Actor . (° August 5th, 1911)
- 1970: Abraham Maslow, celebrates psychological American. (° April 1st, 1908)
- 1993: Rene Bousquet, senior official French. (° May 11th, 1909)
|Random links:||Perfect future | Abriola | Ranilović | City off Lusaka Football Club | Mantophasmatodea|