The June 6th is the 157e Jour of the Année (158e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1329 : The king d' Angleterre Edouard III solemnly lends Hommage to Amiens to the King de France Philippe VI for his French possessions: the Guyenne and the Ponthieu, in the presence of the king de Bohême Jean Ier of Bohemia.
- 1562 : The Benedictine S of San Giorgio Maggiore, with Venice order from Paul Véronèse a table to decorate the refectory - built by Andrea Palladio - with their convent: they will be the Wedding at Cana , one of major works of the Renaissance.
- 1664 : Jerome Hatt, having obtained its enabling of Master-brewer, founds with Strasbourg, place of the Corbel, close to the Cathédrale, the Brasserie of the Canon, which will become the brewery Kronenbourg. This date of foundation indicates one of the produced of the mark: the 1664 .
- 1687 : Institution of the Order of the Thistle by the king of England Jacques II, which is also the king of Scotland under the name of Jacques VII.
- 1761 : Transit of Venus.
- 1880 : Battle of the Viola of Allianza in the war between the Chile and the Peru, during which 300 men of the battalion of Pomegranates of Tacna (Peru) faced with the body with body more than 3.000 Chilean.
- 1930 : Grocers American put on sale for the first time of deep-frozen foods.
- 1936 : Leon Blum becomes President of the Council.
- 1944 : D-day Beginning of the Operation Overlord, unloading combined in Normandy at the time of the Second world war.
- 1949 : Publication of the novel of George Orwell 1984 .
- 1956 : publication of the secret Report/ratio of Khrouchtchev in the American press
- 1963: official reception of Marc Boegner ( Pasteur Boegner ) (1881-1970) with the French Academy.
- 1973 : Jacques Mesrine escapes from the Law courts of Compiegne.
- 1982 : Israel invades the Lebanon, it is the operation “Paix as a Galileo”.
- 1984 : Exit of Pinot simple cop French film of and with Gerard Jugnot.
- 1992 : With alternate Nimes (France, department of the Gard), of Antonio Borrero Borrero known as “Chamaco”, Spanish Matador.
2000 : Adoption of the law on the parity in France.
- 2003 : Introduction of a court to judge old the Khmer Rouge by UNO.
- 2006 : The State French and the SNCF are condemned for “complicity of crime against humanity” to have transferred from the people by railway convoy until the Camp of Drancy in 1944.
- 2007 : Opening of the 33ème top of G8 to Heiligendamm in Germany (Land of the Mecklembourg-Poméranie-Western).
- 1599 : Baptism of Diego Vélasquez, Spanish painter († 1660)
- 1606: Pierre Corneille, French dramatic author († October 1st 1684)
- 1799: Alexandre Pouchkine, Russian writer († January 29th 1837)
- 1857: Alexandre Liapounov, Russian mathematician († November 3rd 1918)
- 1875: Thomas Mann, German writer , Nobel Prize of literature 1929 († August 12th 1955)
- 1891: Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Spanish Matador († August 13rd 1934).
- 1898 : Ninette de Valois, Irish dancer
- 1901: Ahmed Soekarno, founder of modern Indonesia, chair effective (1949-1965)
- 1903: Aram Khatchatourian, Armenian type-setter († 1978)
- 1909: Isaiah Berlin, political philosopher and historian of the ideas († November 5th 1997)
- 1923: Rene Monory, French politician, former president of the Senate (19992-1998), creator of Futuroscope of Poitiers (1987)
- 1932: David Scott, American astronaut
- 1934: Albert II, king of the Belgian
- 1943: Richard Smalley, American chemist, Nobel Prize of chemistry 1996 († October 28th 2005)
- 1948: Rocco Buttiglione, Italian politician
- 1949: Robert Englund, American actor
- 1950: Chantal Akerman, Belgian director
- 1960: Steve Vai, American guitarist
- 1966: Faure Gnassingbé Eyadema, Togolese president
- 1970: James Shaffer, guitarist of KoRn
- 1972: Cristina Scabbia, singer of the group of metal Lacuna Coil
- 1977: Malgosia Bleated, mannequin and Polish actress
- 1978: Faudel Belloua, singer of spoke
- 1272 : Racibor, duke of Białogarda.
- 1813 : Alexandre Theodore Brongniart, French architect (° February 15th 1739)
- 1818: Jean-Baptiste Massieu, monk and politician French, appointed clergy of the Baillage of Senlis to the General states, constitutional Bishop of the department of the Oise. (° September 17th 1743).
- 1840 : Marcellin Champagnat, man of the church and French pedagog, founder of the Marist brothers (° May 20th 1789), canonized in 1999.
- 1861 : Camillo Cavour, pioneer of the unification of the Italy.
- 1873 : Heinrich Wilhelm Adalbert, Military prince of Prussia, and Exploring German (° 1811).
- 1881 : Henri Vieuxtemps, type-setter and Belgian violonist (° 1820)
- 1891: John A. Macdonald, first Canadian Prime Minister
- 1948: Louis Light, inventor and scenario writer French (° 1864).
- 1961 : Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss psychologist (° 1875).
- 1967 : Edward Givens, American astronaut (° January 5th 1930)
- 1968: Robert Kennedy, American politician. (° November 20th 1925)
- 1985: Vladimir Jankélévitch philosopher (°1903)
- 1991: Stan Getz, saxophonist of American jazz (° 1927).
- 2000 : Frederic Dart, French writer, author of the series “San Antonio” (° 1921).
- 2007 : Philippe Ardant, 77 years, lawyer French. Constitutional law professor (° July 21st 1929))
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Catholic saints of the day
Norbert of Magdeburg archbishop († 1134)
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Jonas de Perm bishop († 1534)
Beats-smg: Bėrželė 6 Be-X-old: 6 чэрвеня Fiu-vro: 6. piimäkuu päiv Nds-nl: 6 juni Simple: June 6 Zh-yue: 6 月 6 號
|Random links:||Tyrtée | Red holstein | Bompensiere | Battle of Aachen | Michel Girouard | 50|