The June 26th is the 177e Jour of the Année (178e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1484 : The duke Rene d' Alençon gives letters of commission to the Baillif of the seigniory of Cany-Caniel, to force the inhabitants prone to the Droit of ford, to pay this right from which they sought to be freed.
1492 : First rise of the Mont Switches, by Antoine of City, rise who is regarded by certain as the birth certificate of the Alpinisme.
1549 : The 17 provinces Dutchwomen are declared independent of the Saint Germanic Roman Empire.
1995 : The Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak escapes an attack asserted by the Jamaa islamiya with Addis-Abeba in Ethiopia, where it had gone to take part in a top of the Organization of African Unity.
2002 : At the end 11 months of legal battle, the room of the committal for trial of Brussels declares “inadmissible” the lodged complaint in front of Belgian justice for crime against humanity aiming at Israeli the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon for her role in the massacre of the Palestinian refugee camps of Sabra and Chatila in 1982 to the Lebanon.
- 1821: Bartolomé Miter, Military and Argentinian Politician . († January 19th 1906)
- 1892: Pearl Buck, American Woman of letters . († March 6th 1973)
- 1913: Aime Césaire, Poet and Politician French.
- 1914 : Lyman Spitzer, American astrophysicist . († March 31st 1997)
- 1922: Dick Smith, American Make-up man of Cinema.
- 1925 : Pavel Belyayev, Soviet Cosmonaut . († January 10th 1970)
- 1933: Claudio Abbado, Leader Italy N.
- 1936 : Jean-Claude Turcotte, archbishop of Montreal.
- Chris Isaak, Song writer and performer and American Actor .
- Bernard A. Harris, Jr., American Astronaut .
- 1957 : Veronique Genest, French Actress .
- 1963 : Mikhaïl Khodorkovski, Russian Oligarch .
- 1964 : Tommi Mäkinen, pilot of Car rally Finnish.
- 1966 : Dany Boon, Humoriste French.
- 1968 : Paolo Maldini, player of Football Italy N.
- 1969: Hake Greenwood, British Musician , Bass player of the group Radiohead.
- 1970 : Chris O'Donnell, producing Actor and American.
- 1971 :
- 1972 : Garou, Singer Québécois.
- 1975 : Philippe Waters, Footballeur French.
- 1980 : Sinik, Singer and rappor French.
- 1985 : Orgyen Trinley Dorje, 17th Karmapa, with the Tibet.
- 1987 : Samir Nasri, player of Football French.
- 548 : Théodora, Empress of the Byzantine Empire, woman of Justinien. (° Ca 500)
- 1793: Gilbert White, Naturalist and British Ornithologist . (° July 18th 1720)
- 1810: Joseph-Michel Montgolfier, Inventive French. (° August 26th 1740)
- 1827: Gabriel Feydel, lawyer, literary man, Journalist and Politician French. (° September 9th 1744).
- 1830 : George IV (° August 12th 1762), king of the United Kingdom (1820-1830).
- 1870 : Armand Barbès, Politician French. (° September 18th 1809)
- 1922: Albert Ier of Monaco, reigning prince of the Principality of Monaco of the September 10th 1889 with the June 26th 1922. (° November 13rd 1848)
- 1934: Nathaniel Lord Britton, geologist and a American Botanist . (° January 15th 1859).
- 1965 : Masamitsu Ōshima, herpetologist and ichtyologist Japan board. (° June 21st 1884)
- 1967: Francoise Dorléac, French Actress . (° March 21st 1942)
- 1984: Michel Foucault, Philosopher French. (° October 15th 1926)
- 1997: Israel Kamakawiwo `ole, Musician and Singer Hawaii in. (° May 20th 1959)
- 2001: Lalla Romano, 94 years, writer, journalist and painter Italy. (° November 11th 1906).
- 2002 : Maximiliano Kosteki, Argentinian painter . (° 1980).
- 2003 : Marc-Vivien Foé, Football Cameronian or. (May 1st 1975)
- 2007 :
- international Day of the the United Nations for the support for the victims of the Torture (UNO)
- international Day against the abuse and the drug trafficking (UNO)
- Madagascar: national Festival
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Maixent of Poitou († 515), abbot.
- Saulve of Angouleme († towards 770), bishop and Valencian martyr close to in a village which bears from now on its name.
- Josemaria Escrivá (1902 - 1975)
- Jean and Paul, martyrs († 362)
Beats-smg: Bėrželė 26 Be-X-old: 26 чэрвеня Fiu-vro: 26. piimäkuu päiv Nds-nl: 26 juni Simple: June 26 Zh-yue: 6 月 26 號
|Random links:||Bazèga | Phantasy Adventure Star | Championship of Cyprus of football | Jim Dilling | League Francophone American football of Belgium|