The June 20th is the 171e Jour of the Année (172e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1347 : Catch of Calais
- 1451: Charles VII ratifies the treaty of capitulation of Bordeaux, concluded between its representatives and those from the king d' Angleterre.
- 1756 : Siraj, the new nabob of the Bengal, which affirms its independence with respect to the capacity Moghol, attacks Calcutta and seizes Strong William.
- 1786 : Birth of Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
- 1789: Oath of Jeu de Paume to Paris, beginning of the French revolution
- 1792: The people attack the Palais of Tileries where Louis XVI resides, king of the French.
- 1808 : Marie-Jeanne Schellinck is the first woman receiving the Légion of honor.
- 1823 : Anne Louis Henri of Fare is made cardinal by the Pape Pie VII.
- 1877 : Large fire of Holy John (New Brunswick), which destroyed 1 612 buildings including eight churches, six banks, fourteen hotels, eleven goélettes and four wood conveyers in a little more than nine hours, on a surface of more than 80 hectares.
- 1894 : The bacteriologist Alexandre Yersin discovers the bacillus of the Peste to HongKong and identifies the rat as being the vector of the epidemic.
- 1983 : Patent LZW with the the United States
- 1990: the German government decides to move the capital of Bonn to Berlin
- 1990: discovered Asteroid Eureka
- 2000: With Torrejón de Ardoz (Spain, province of Madrid), alternate of Fernando Robleño, Spanish Matador.
- Expiry of the Patent LZW with the the United States
- Advertisement of the creation of the foundation Wikimedia ()
- 1005 : Ali to az-Zahir, seventh caliph fatimide and king of Damas († June 13rd 1036)
- 1566: Zygmunt Vasa, king of Poland and Sweden (+ April 19th 1632)
- 1634: Charles-Emmanuel II of Savoy, duke of Savoy and prince de Piémont († June 12th 1675)
- 1763: Theobald Wolfe Thunders, nationalist Irish
- 1786: Marceline Desbordes-Valmore, French poetess († July 23rd 1859)
- 1819: Jacques Offenbach, Type-setter and German Violoncellist naturalized French. († October 5th 1880)
- 1885: Alan Riverstone McCulloch, Australian zoologist († September 1st 1925)
- 1887: Kurt Schwitters, German painter
- 1899: Jean Moulin, politician and large Resistant French († July 8th 1943)
- 1909: Errol Flynn, American actor
- 1916: Jean-Jacques Bertrand, Prime Minister for Quebec
- 1924: Chet Atkins, guitarist and American producer
- 1928: Jean-Marie Le Pen, politician French
- 1931: Martin Pram, American actor
- 1942: Brian Wilson, American musician pop music
- 1945: James F. Buchli, American astronaut
- 1948: Gary E. Payton, American astronaut
- 1949: Lionel Richie, American singer
- 1952: John Goodman, American actor
- Brian Duffy, American astronaut.
- Ulrich Mühe, actor and German actor . († July 22nd 2007).
- Cindy Lauper, British singer
- 1954: Ilan Ramon, Israeli spationaut († 2003)
- 1967: Nicole Kidman, actress Australia
- 1978: Frank Lampard, British footballer (team of England)
- 1985: Darko Milicic, Serb basketball player
- 840 : Louis the Piles (April 16th 778, June 20th 840), wire of Charlemagne, emperor of Occident (814 - 840).
- 1597 : Willem Barents, navigator
- 1787: Karl Friedrich Abel, German type-setter of music Baroque.
- 1794 : Felix Vicq d' Azir, Doctor and anatomist French (° 1748).
- 1815 :
- George Montagu, British Naturalist (° 1753).
- Guillaume Philibert Duhesme, Major general French, wounded mortally with the Battle of Waterloo (° July 7th 1766).
- 1837 : Guillaume IV (° 1765), king of the the United Kingdom and Hanover (° August 21st 1765)
- 1933: Clara Zetkin, feminist and German Communist.
- 1944 : Jean Zay, lawyer, French statesman
- 1947: Bugsy Siegel, American gangster
- 1966: Georges Lemaître, catholic priest, astronomer and Belgian physicist
- 2002: Timothy Findley, Canadian writer
- 2005: Jack Kilby, Inventor of the Integrated circuit (° November 8th 1923)
World Day of the Refugee, UNO
- Festival of the slipway
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Gemmeous of Saintonge (3rd century?), martyrdom.
- Gobain de Coucy († towards 670), solitary monk close to Laon.
- Method of Patare († 312), bishop in Lycie and martyr.
- Silvère († 537), pope.
- Holy Florence de Carthagène (7th century?), higher of the abbey of Astigi
Orthodoxe saint of the day
- Nicolas Cabasilas († 1397), laic.
Beats-smg: Bėrželė 20 Be-X-old: 20 чэрвеня Fiu-vro: 20. piimäkuu päiv Nds-nl: 20 juni Simple: June 20 Zh-yue: 6 月 20 號
|Random links:||Gustav Fechner | Juan Vereker, 6to vizconde Gort | Special Air Service | Villaspeciosa | Vernaison (river) | And the life continues|