The June 11th is the 162e Jour of the Année (163e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1144 : Dedication of the bedside and the chorus of the Basilica of Saint-Denis in front of the king of France Louis VII and the queen Aliénor: first Gothic vault of vast dimensions.
- 1147 : Louis VII and Aliénor get under way, with the head of three hundred knights and of a many army, enlarged little by little by several tens of thousands of pilgrims, to take part in the Second crusade.
- 1430 : Battle of Anthon also qualified “ Ambush of Anthon ”, which sees the defeat of the troops orangists of Louis de Chalon in front of the army delphinale of the governor Raoul de Gaucourt.
- 1899 : Dedication of mankind to the Sacred Heart of the Jesus by the pope Leon XIII.
- 1924 : Alexandre Millerand, president of the French Republic, is constrained with the resignation after the victory of the Cartel of the Lefts to the legislative elections.
- 1925 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Cayetano Ordóñez there Aguilera known as “El Niño of Palma”, Spanish Matador.
- 1963 : The Vietnamese bonze Thích Quảng Đức immole by fire in Saigon, to protest against Buddhist persecutions anti of the mode of Ngô Dinh Diêm.
2004 : The Notre-Dame Church of Any Grace of the Plate of ESA, built by Maurice Novarina of 1937 with 1947, whose decoration was carried out by some of the largest artists of first half of the 20th century is classified under the historic buildings.
- 1776 : John Constable, British painter
- 1800: Carlo Vittadini doctor and Mycologue Italian, born Bertonico, Monticelli, Italy, + November 20th 1865 with Milan.
- 1832 : Jules Vallès, novelist, journalist, anarchistic propagandist.
- 1888 : Bartolomeo Vanzetti, Italian-American anarchistic militant
- 1864: Richard Strauss, Type-setter and German Leader . († September 8th 1949)
- 1867: Charles Fabry, French physicist († December 11th 1945), Co-discoverer, with Alfred Perot, of the Layer of ozone in 1913
- 1893: Jules-Andre Peugeot, first French soldier killed during the First World War († August 2nd 1914 with 10:07).
- 1897 : Alexandre Tansman, type-setter of Polish origin († November 15th 1986)
- 1905: Frederic Pottecher, legal chronicler French
- Jacques-Yves Cousteau, officer in the French navy, oceanographer, internationally known like the commander of the Calypso. († June 25th 1997)
- Dyes with carmine Coppola, American type-setter author
- 1919: Richard Todd, actor, producer, born with Dublin in Ireland
- 1922: Erving Goffman, Canadian sociologist († November 19th 1982)
- 1925: Jean-Pierre Chabrol, French writer
- 1928: Fabiola de Mora there Aragón, ex-queen of Belgium, wife of the king Baudouin Ier
- Gene Wilder, actor, realizer, producer, scenario writer, born with Milwaukee in the Wisconsin with the E. - U.
- Harald Szeeman, art critic and police chief of Swiss exposure († February 18th 2005)
- 1935: Maria Marly de Oliveira, poetess Brazil ienne. († June 1st 2007).
- 1944 : James D.A. van Hoften, American astronaut
- 1945: Roland Moreno, inventive French
- 1950: Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of the language C++
- 1953: Jose Bove, peasant of the Larzac, trade unionist and militant altermondialist
- 1956: Simon Plouffe, Québécois mathematician
- 1957: Lyubov Gurina, former Russian athlete specialist in the middle-distance races (born Oblast of Kirov)
- 1959: Hugh Laurie, actor, realizer and British scenario writer
- 1964: Jean Alesi, pilot French
- 1968: Bryan Perro, author, actor, storyteller and Canadian loupgarouologist
- 1978: Joshua Jackson, Canadian actor
- 1569 : Wolfgang of Bavaria, duke of the Double-deckers.
- 1859 : Klemens Wenzel von Metternich, diplomat an Austrian politician
- 1902: Ali III Bey, Bey de Tunis (° August 14th 1817)
- 1903: Alexandre Ier, king de Serbie
- 1924: Theodore Dubois, type-setter and professor French
- 1936: Robert Ervin Howard, a American writer of Heroic fantasy
- 1956: Corrado Alvaro, 61 years, writer, Journalist and Poet Italy N. (° April 15th 1895).
- 1968 : Pierre Byelot, workman with the factory of Peugeot to Sochaux, killed by of CRS.
- 1970 : Alexandre Fedorovitch Kerensky, former president of the committee of the provisional Russian government. (° May 2nd 1881)
- 1974: Julius Evola, Italian thinker
- 1979: John Wayne, American actor (° May 26th 1907)
- 1984: Enrico Berlinguer, Politician Italy N, general secretary of the Italian Communist party of 1972 to its death. (° May 25th 1922)
- 1988: Christine Fabréga, French actress (° April 8th 1931)
- 1996: Jacques Desrosiers, actor Québécois
- 1999: DeForest Kelley, American actor (° January 20th 1920)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Barthelemy, apostle.
- Barnabe, apostle.
- Holy Amable
Orthodoxe saint of the day
- Barnabe de Vetlouga († 1445).
Beats-smg: Bėrželė 11 Be-X-old: 11 чэрвеня Fiu-vro: 11. piimäkuu päiv Nds-nl: 11 juni Simple: June 11 Zh-yue: 6 月 11 號
|Random links:||Marsyas | Chondrostéens | Ketoprophene | SummerSlam 1992 | Championship of the world of the sport scars 1956|