The July 4th is the 185e Jour of the Année (186e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
13 av. J. - C.: The Sénat decides the construction of a furnace bridge dedicated to the Pax Augusta , in the honor of the victorious return of Auguste, which returns of Spain and Gaulle after three years of absence. The Autel of the peace of Auguste will be built in four years.
1 to 1900
371: Saint Martin is elected bishop of Turns a little in spite of him.
- 1054 : A Supernova is observed close to the star ζ Tauri. The event is noted in the collections Chinese and the pottery Amerindian. During several months, it remains sufficiently luminous to be visible in full day. The vestiges of this explosion are still visible today: it is the Nébuleuse Crab.
- 1187 : Battle of Hattin
- 1524: The Spanish captain Philibert de Chalon and its ship falls to the hands from the French which occupy the port of Villefranche.
- 1542 : A monk sent of Nice is shown with Coni to have wanted to make poison the duke of Savoy Charles III (1486 - 1553) by the French.
- 1631 : 400 Piedmont board come to raise the garrison of the castle from Nice, almost completely destroyed.
- 1712 : Quesnoy, defended by 2.000 men, goes after a fifteen day old seat. Two thirds of the garrison could escape with their chief, the governor Badie, that Louis XIV makes imprison with the Bastille, regarding this escape as a desertion.
- 1776 : Declaration of independence of the the United States
- 1865: Publication of the book Alice with the country of the wonders of Lewis Carroll
- 1884: The people of France offer to the people the United States the Statue of Freedom
- 1899: Launching with Cherbourg of the submarine Morse .
- 1984: Swiss adoption in of an ordinance regulating the documentary evidence of the origin of the goods as regards Foreign trade.
- 1987 : Klaus Barbie is recognized guilty crimes against humanity and is condemned to the prison with perpetuity.
- 1994 : end of the genocide to the Rwanda opposing the Hutu to the Tutsi.
- 1997 : The American probe Mars Pathfinder is posed successfully on Mars, the day of the national Festival American.
- the day of the national Festival American, of the GI stops and humiliates soldiers Turkish combined in Iraq. The fact gives place to a series and a film, the Valley of the wolves - Iraq.
- Yvan Colonna, the supposed assassin of the prefect Claude Erignac cut down on February 6th, 1998 in Ajaccio, is stopped in a sheep-fold in Corsica of the South after four years of mare.
- Barry White dies at the 58 years age in a hospital with Los Angeles, following an impaired renal function.
- 2005 :
- the impactor of the American probe Deep Impact meets the comet Tempel 1, the day of the national Festival American.
- Karla Homolka is released from the penitentiary of Joliette, after having purged a 12 years of prison sorrow.
- 2007 : Sotchi, Russia, was chosen by CIO to be, in 2014, the host city of XXIIe Winter Olympics.
1741 : Benoit Mottet of the Fountain, appointed Grand Lodge of France, police chief-director of the French establishments of the Indies & president of the Superior council with Pondichéry under the Restoration († 1820).
- 1744 : Samuel Gottlieb Gmelin, Doctor, Exploring Naturalist and German († 1774).
- 1756 : Louis Marie Turreau, conventional and general French.
- 1807 : Giuseppe Garibaldi, politician Italy N († 1882)
- 1868: Henrietta Swan Leavitt, astronomer American
- 1872: Calvin Coolidge, American politician († January 5th 1933), 30e president of the United States (1923-1929).
- 1884 : Pauline Paperboard, French actress († 1974).
- 1885 : Louis B. Mayer, producer, states-unien of Russian origin, († 1957).
- 1895 : Amin Al-Husseini, Palestinian nationalist and Moslem religious leader († 1974).
- 1899 : Benjamin Péret, author and surrealist poet French († 1959).
- 1900 : Robert Desnos, poet French († 1945).
- 1903 - Corrado Bafile, († 2005), Italian, cardinal and highly skilled prefect of the congregation for the Causes of the Saints, it knows 9 popes.
- 1909 : Robert Burks, American director of the photography.
- 1912 : Viviane Lovesong, French actress († 1991).
- 1917 :
- Manual Rodríguez Sánchez known as “Manolete”, Spanish Matador († August 29th 1947).
- Georgette Planed, singer French.
- 1924 : Eva Marie Saint, American actress.
- 1927 : Gina Lollobrigida, Italian actress.
- 1931 :
- Jean-Louis Fleming, historian French.
- Sebastien Japrisot, writer and scenario writer French († 2003).
- 1938 : Jerry Rubin, American activist († November 28th 1994).
- 1950 : Christian Spitz, pediatrist and radio presenter French.
- 1951 : Philippe of Dieuleveult, organizer-adventurer of television French (carried disappeared in August 1985).
- 1952 : Nicole Ameline, political woman French.
- 1959 : Victoria Abril, Spanish actress .
- 1963 :
- 1969: David Marciano, player of failures French.
- 1982 : Vladimir Gusev, born with Novgorod, Russian racing cyclist currently running for the team Discovery Channel.
- 1623 : William Byrd, Type-setter and Organist English.
- 1733 : Jean-Baptiste Girard, Jesuit French. (° 1680).
- 1826 :
- John Adams, second president of the the United States.
- Thomas Jefferson, third president of the the United States.
- 1848 : François-Rene de Chateaubriand, French writer.
- 1873 : Johann Jakob Kaup, German Naturalist (° 1803).
- 1905 : Elisee Recluse, geographer and writer French.
- 1920: Malla (Agustín García Díaz), Spanish Matador (° May 5th 1897).
- 1934 : Marie Curie, French physician, Nobel Prize of physics 1903, Nobel Prize of chemistry 1911 (° November 7th 1867)
- 1938: Suzanne Lenglen, French tennis player.
- 1943 : Władysław Sikorski, soldier and politician Polish (° May 20th 1881)
- 1964: Gaby Morlay, French actress.
- 1970 :
- 1971 : August Derleth, writer, anthologist and American editor (° February 24th 1909)
- 1976: Herve Sand, French actor
- 1980: Maurice Grevisse, grammairien Belgian (° 1895).
- 1992 : Astor Piazzola, instrumentalist and Argentinian type-setter (° 1921).
- 1995 : Eva Gabor, actress of Hungarian origin .
- 2002 : Laurent Schwartz, mathematician French.
- 2003 :
- Barry White, American singer (° September 12th 1944).
- Andre Claveau, French singer (° December 17th 1915).
- 2004 : Jean-Marie Auberson, Violonist and Swiss Leader (° May 2nd 1920).
- Lilian, Lillian, Liliane
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Berthe de Blangy († 725), abbess in Artois.
- Florent of Cahors (5th century), bishop.
- Martin de Tours († 397), bishop. Birthday of its episcopal dedication (Saint Martin's day of summer).
- Odon de Canterbury († 959), archbishop.
- Ulrich of Augsburg († 973), bishop.
Catholic saints of the day
Orthodoxe saints of the day
Beats-smg: Lėipas 4 Be-X-old: 4 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 4. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 4 juli Simple: July 4 Zh-yue: 7 月 4 號
|Random links:||Subway of Milan | Valentine Visconti (1361-1393) | Route main road 778 | Corinne Basket maker | Free Alfano|