The July 28th is the 209e Jour of the Année (210e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1488 : Battle of Saint-Aubin-of-Cormier in Brittany.
- 1540 : One of the political figures most important of the reign of Henri VIII of England, Thomas Cromwell, is carried out for high treason. The same day, Henri Marie for the fifth time with Catherine Howard.
- 1556 : Gattières, enclave foreign on Right Bank of the VAr, become in 1338 the Eastern border of the France, is occupied by the French.
- 1794 : Execution of Robespierre, Saint-Just, Couthon and others Robespierristes.
- 1821 : The Peru is declared independent of the Spain.
- 1835 : The attack of Fieschi aiming at the king Louis Philippe: a bomb explodes in Paris at the time of the passage of the royal procession, making 18 died, of which the marshal Mortier, and wounding only superficially the king.
- 1866 : Law legalizing the measurement and units of weight to the the United States.
- 1868 : Adoption of the 14th amendment of the American constitution, guaranteeing to the Afro-American S the rights of citizens.
1914 : Beginning of the First World War. The Austria-Hungary declares the war with the Serbia as of the end of the ultimatum begun the successive July 23rd with the Assassinat of the Archiduc François-Ferdinand with Gabriel Princip.
- 1935 : The Tour de France cyclist is gained by the Belgian Romain Maes, second Italian Ambrogio Morelli with 17mn 52s, third and victorious of the classification of the mountain the Belgian Félicien Vervaecke with 24mn 06s.
- 1943 : Operation Gomorrah: the British bombs crush the town of Hamburg, in Germany, killing 42.000 German civilians.
- 1945 : A bomber of the US Air Force strikes the Empire State Building, in New York: 13 dead.
- 1947 : The cargo liner Ocean Liberty explodes in roads of Brest, killing 26 people.
- 1957 : Foundation of the International Situationniste.
- 1965 : The president of the United States (Lyndon B. Johnson) announces 50.000 additional soldier sending to the Vietnam (already 75.000 on the spot).
- 1972 : Beijing announces that the marshal Lin Piao, Minister for Defense, plotted against the life of Mao Tsé-Toung and that it found death in an air crash, while trying to flee.
- 1973 : France carries out a second nuclear test with Moruroa, in the Pacific.
- 1976 : An earthquake of a magnitude ranging between 7.8 and 8.2, touches Tangshan (China) killing 242.769 people and by wounding 164.851.
- 1987: The former director of the nuclear plant of Tchernobyl, the former his assistant and chief engineer are condemned to ten years of camp of work.
- 1989 ; Hachemi Rafsandjani, president of the Parliament, is elected Head of the Iranian State.
- 1995 :
- the Member States of the World Trade organization (OMC) approve in Geneva the general agreement on the liberalization of the finance departments.
- Network Solutions announces a new policy making it possible the companies to better protect their marks on Internet.
- 551 av. J. - C: Confucius, philosopher and thinker Chinese.
- 1750 : François Fabre d' Églantine poet revolutionary († 1794)
- 1816: Theophilus Roussel, doctor and politician French († 1903)
- 1824: Alexandre Dumas wire writer († 1895)
- 1840: George Burritt Sennett. American ornithologist († 1900).
- 1902 : Karl Popper, philosopher of sciences († 1994).
- 1904 : Pavel Tcherenkov, Russian physicist Nobel Prize of physics († January 6th 1990)
- 1920: Gilbert Trigano, contractor of French tourism.
- 1922 : Jacques Piccard, Swiss oceanographer.
- 1929 : Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, ex-first rams the United States, wife of the president John Fitzgerald Kennedy († 1994).
- 1937 : Francis Veber, realizer and scenario writer French.
- 1938 :
- Alberto Fujimori, president of the Peru of 1990 with 2000.
- Curro Girón, Matador venuezuelien († January 28th 1988).
- Saïd Ben Mustapha, politician and diplomatic Tunisia N.
- 1943 : Richard Wright, British musician , clavierist of Pink Floyd.
- 1949 : Simon Kirke, British musician , beater of Free and Bad Company.
- 1954 : Hugo Chávez, president of the Venezuela since 1998
- 1961: Scott E. Parazynski, American astronaut
- 1972: Chamaco (Antonio Borrero Borrero), Spanish Matador .
- 1975 : Leonor Watling, Spanish actress.
- 48 av. J. - C., Pumped, Roman politician.
- 450 : Théodose II, Roman Emperor of the East.
- 1333 : Guigues VIII of the Tower of the Pine, dolphin of Viennese. (° 1309).
- 1368 : Bolko II, duke of Świdnica.
- 1540 : Thomas Cromwell (° v. 1485)
- 1655: Savinien de Cyrano of Bergerac, French writer.
- 1741 : Antonio Vivaldi, Italian type-setter.
- 1750 : Jean-Sebastien Bach, type-setter (° 1685).
- 1794 :
- Maximilien de Robespierre (° May 6th 1758)
- Augustin de Robespierre (° January 21st 1763)
- Louis Antoine Leon de Saint-Just (° August 25th 1767)
- Georges Couthon (° December 22nd 1755)
- 1795: Pierre-Paul Botta, French brigadier general.
- 1802 : Giuseppe Sarti, Italian type-setter. (° December 28th 1729).
- 1818 : Gaspard Monge, French mathematician (° May 10th 1746)
- 1968: Otto Hahn, German physicist
- 1985: Michel Audiard, dialogist and a French realizer of cinema.
- 2003 : Bob Hope, American actor
- 2006: David Gemmell, Author of fantasy English
- Peru: national Festival, Fiestas Patrias , commemorating the declaration of independence of Peru by the general Jose de San Martín, with Lima the July 28th, 1821 (see History of Peru for more details). It is also the day fixed for the taking of of the president of the Republic of Peru lately elected (see Politique of Peru for more details).
Catholic saints of the day
- Eustace d' Ancyre († towards 316), martyr.
- Samson († towards 565), Born in Wales towards 490, it died in Dol of Brittany towards 565 after having évangélisé Cornouailles and part of Brittany.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Paul de Xiropotamou (10th century), founder of the Monastery of Aghiou Pavlou.
- Pitirim de Tambov († 1698), bishop.
Beats-smg: Lėipas 28 Be-X-old: 28 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 28. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 28 juli Simple: July 28 Zh-yue: 7 月 28 號
|Random links:||Os-tan | Lợi | JoWooD Productions | Pauline and Renee | Plug Me In|