The July 27th is the 208e Jour of the Année (209e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1447 : Jacques Cœur, Minister of Finance of the king Charles VII, is the instigator of an ordinance deciding, for the first time since 1370, the striking of silver coins of good quality, to fine money 92%, which created what one called the “ Gros of Jacques Cœur ”.
- 1563 : The French re-occupy Le Havre (wars of religion), whose English garrison is decimated by the plague, a disease that it will introduce into its country on its return.
- 1605 : Foundation of Port-Royal in Acadie, French colony in North America: the French are the first Europeans to be established in what today became the Canada, thus opening the way with the creation of a colonial Empire French.
- 1675 : The death of the Maréchal of Turenne to the Bataille of Salzbach (Germany) completes the cycle of the great French victories against the armies of Triple Alliance.
- 1689 : The Iroquois massacre French Canadian colonists with Lachine, close to Montreal.
- 1789 : The workmen of Montmartre spread themselves armed in the flat with Saint-Denis, destroying corns.
- 1794 (Thermidor 9 year II): falls and arrest of Maximilien de Robespierre.
- 1795 : Spain signs peace with France and the part of the island of Santo Domingo yields to him which it occupied.
- 1830 : Insurrection of Paris, first of the Glorious Three. The Three Glorious ones (July 27th, 28th and 29th): the Revolution bursts in France following the promulgation of ordinances by Charles X, which amend re-establishment of the censure, dissolution of the Room, electoral law and which fix new elections at September.
- 1839 : The Guerre of Opium bursts between China and England, after seizure and destruction by the Chinese authorities of English imports of opium.
- 1848 : At the request of Turkey, Russia intervenes in the principalities of the Danube, to repress risings.
- 1884 : The Divorce is restored in France.
- 1894 : The regent of Korea declares the war in China.
- 1915 : A revolution bursts with Haiti.
- 1933 : Massacre Assyrian Christians in Iraq.
- 1941 :
- the Japan board unload in Indo-China.
- With alternative Valence (Spain), of Aurelio Puchol Aldas known as “Morenito of Valencia”, Spanish Matador.
- 1947 : With INCA (Spain, Balearic Islands), alternate of Guillermo Rodríguez Martínez known as “El Sargento”, Peruvian Matador .
- 1953 : In Korea, signature with Side Mun Jon of the armistice which marks the end of the Guerre of Korea.
- 1954 : Egypt and Great Britain agree on the methods of a retrocession to the Egyptians of the zone of the Suez Canal, that the British had controlled for 72 years.
- 1965 : The United States Air Force carries out its first attacks against slopes of ground-to-air missiles to the North-Vietnam.
- 1974 : Scandal of the Watergate: the legal commission of the Room of the representatives decides for the committal for trial of Richard Nixon.
- 1977 : The Villa Ipatiev (Iekaterinbourg, Russia) is destroyed, 59 years after the massacre of the imperial family (the Romanov) and of their continuation.
- 1985 : The president Milton Obote is reversed in Uganda; the commander of the armed forces, the general Tito Okello, becomes Head of State the 29.
- Of many Soviet republics like the Bielorussia, the Ukraine or the Ouzbékistan proclaims to them Souveraineté.
- In France, François Mitterrand pardoned Anise Naccache, the man who had tried to kill Shapour Bakhtiar, former Prime Minister for the Chah of Iran.
- Citroen stops the production of the Deux-Chevaux. To 16:00, the last 2CV leaves the factory of Mangualde to the Portugal. 7 million was sold since 1949.
- 1997 : Diffusion of the first episode of Stargate SG1 a series which will become longest of the history of the SF
- 2002 : A hunter Soukhoï Known-27 is crushed with Lviv (Ukraine) at the time of an air spectacle. Assessment: 77 died and a hundred casualties.
- 2003 : The actress Marie Trintignant, in turning in Lithuania, is hospitalized in a deep coma with Vilnius after a violent dispute with her companion Bertrand Cantat, the singer of Noir Desire. Repatriated in France the 31, she will succumb the shortly after the continuations of a cerebral edema.
- 2005 :
- In Galicia, Spain, end of the era Fraga, last figure of the Francoism. The Socialist Emilio Pérez Touriño, supported by a coalition with the Blocks Nacionalista Galego, assumes the executive of the autonomous community formally.
- Left the first beta release of Microsoft Windows Vista.
- 2006 : Paris: the winner of the Tour de France 2006, the American Floyd Landis is suspected of doping to the Testostérone by UCI
- 1667 : Jean Bernoulli, Swiss mathematician († January 1st 1748)
- 1768: Charlotte Corday ( Charlotte de Corday d' Armont ) († 1793), conventional Montagnard Jean-Paul Marat in his bath-tub
- 1784 celebrates to have assassinated: George Onslow, French type-setter († 1853)
- 1833: Thomas George Bonney, British geologist († 1923)
- 1910: Julien Gracq, French writer
- 1917: Bourvil, actor and singer French († 1970)
- 1927: Pierre Granier-Removes iron, realizer French
- 1961: Daniel C. Burbank, American astronaut
- 1972: Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, Malaysian spationaut
- 1977: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Irish actor
- 1979: Sidney Govou, French footballer
- 1052: Halinard, archbishop of Lyon (° towards 990)
- 1598: Jacques II of Goyon of Matignon, Marshal of France, governor of Guyenne, mayor of Bordeaux (° September 26th 1525)
- 1675: Henri of the Tower of Auvergne-Bubble, more known under the name of Turenne, Marshal of France (° September 11th 1611)
- 1774: Samuel Gottlieb Gmelin, Doctor, Exploring Naturalist and German (° 1744)
- 1759: Pierre Louis Maupertuis, mathematician and astronomer French (° 1698)
- 1807: Pierre Marie Auguste Broussonet, Naturalist French (° January 19th 1761)
- 1828: Radama Ier, sovereign of the Kingdom Merina, then first sovereign of the Kingdom of Madagascar (° towards 1793)
- 1844: John Dalton, chemist and British physicist
- Adelina Patti, singer of opera ( Soprano Colorature ) Italy. (° February 10th 1843)
- Charles Conrad Abbott, archeologist and American Naturalist (° 1843)
- 1928: Joseph Kittinger, American pilot
- 1931: Jacques Herbrand, French mathematician
- 1934: marshal Hubert Lyautey, statesman and Marshal of France (° November 17th 1854)
- 1970: Antonio de Oliveira Salazar, president of the Portuguese council of 1933 with 1968
- 1971: Jose Subdued, 34 years, Spanish Matador (° July 23rd 1937)
- 1980: The ex- Chah of Iran dies of one cancer to the military hospital of the Cairo.
- 1981 : William Wyler, American realizer
- 2007: Gabriel Cisneros, 66 years, Spanish politician . Joint author of the Constitution of 1978. (° August 14th 1940).
Catholic or orthodoxe saints of the day
- Pantéleimon de Nicomédie or Pantaléon (+ 305), doctor anargyre and martyr.
- Nathalie de Cordoue (+ 852), martyrdom.
Catholic saints of the day
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- German of Alaska (+ 1837), monk missionary.
- Nicolas de Novgorod (+ 1392), fol as a Christ.
Beats-smg: Lėipas 27 Be-X-old: 27 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 27. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 27 juli Simple: July 27 Zh-yue: 7 月 27 號
|Random links:||Brouilly | Roderick Murchison | Ivan Koniev | Power Mac G4 Cube | Kimberly Pierce|