The July 26th is the 207e Jour of the Année (208e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1488 : Beginning of the Battle of Saint-Aubin-of-Cormier the (close to Rennes) between the armies Breton and French. The French victory (the July 28th) precedes the fastening of the duchy of Brittany to the kingdom of France (1532).
- 1605 : In spite of the king Henri IV, the French Protestants meet in assembly with Châtellerault.
- 1757 : Battle of Plassey (India)
- 1757: The marshal of Estrées beats the English of Cumberland to Hastenbeck (Germany).
- 1788 : The State of New York ratifies the constitution of the the United States and becomes the 11th state about it.
- 1821 : Turkey and Russia break the relations after the refusal of the Turks to ensure the protection of the Christians.
- 1830 : Publication of the Four Ordinances of Charles X.
- 1847 : The Liberia becomes the first African colony to declare its independence.
- 1887 : publication of the linguo internacia of Doktoro Esperanto by Louis-Lazare Zamenhof.
- 1891 : France appendix Tahiti.
1908 : Creation of FBI in the United States.
- 1925 : Creation of the rooms of trades in France.
- 1926 ; The Filipino Parliament recommends a referendum on the independence of the islands, project at which the American general governor puts his veto.
- 1929 : Alain Gerbault buckles the first round the world tour with the veil as a recluse.
- 1936 : the nationalist Junte Spanish settles with Burgos.
- 1942 : Violent one raids of RAF on Hamburg.
- 1944 : The German first V-2 fall on England.
- 1945 :
- fine of the Conference of Potsdam
- the United States, Great Britain and China pose the unconditional surrender of Japan like precondition to peace.
- 1952 : The king Farouk of Egypt abdicates in favor of his son, Fouad.
- 1953 : Attacks of Cuartel Moncada in Santiago of Cuba by Fidel Castro and her faithful of the Orthodoxe Party.
- 1956 : Egypt - Nationalization of the Suez Canal by the president Nasser.
- 1958 : The prince Charles of England is made Prince de Galles.
- 1963 : The Earthquake of Skoplje in Yugoslavia makes 1100 dead.
- 1972 : Following the expulsion of Egypt of the Soviet military advisers, Golda Meir, chief of the Israeli government, proposes in Cairo opening of negotiations peace.
- 1974 : The new Greek Prime Minister, Constantin Caramanlis, form the first civil government after seven years of military regime.
- 1977 : Menahem Begin, chief of the Israeli government, approves officially the establishment of three new Jewish colonies in the West Bank.
- 1991 : The Soviet PC approves a new program breaking with the Marxisme.
- 1996 : Bomb attack in the park of the centenary of the J.O in Atlanta: 2 died and 111 wounded.
- 1998 : Legislative elections with the Kampuchea. The PC or Prachéachon (Left the Kampuchean people, with Hun Sen) gained 41,42% of the voices, and obtained 64 seats out of the 122 which compose the National Assembly. Funcinpec (United front for neutral, peaceful and co-operative Kampuchea, of the prince Norodom Ranariddh) collected 31,70% of the voices, and obtains 43 seats. The PSR (Started from Sam Rainsy), obtains 14,75 of the voices and 15 seats. If the PC holds the absolute majority with the Parliament, an unfortunate article of the Constitution of 1993 obliges the formation of the government in the majority of two thirds, therefore requires a coalition government. Linked, the opposition would have been victorious. Overcome, it holds the winner as an hostage.
- 2006 : conference of Rome on the conflict in the Middle East.
- 1030 : Holy Stanislas
- 1791: Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart, Austrian type-setter († 1844), wire of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 1829: Auguste Marie François Beernaert, Belgian statesman, Nobel Prize of peace († 1912)
- 1842: Alfred Marshall, British economist († 1924)
- 1856: George Bernard Shaw, writer Irish († 1906)
- 1875: Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss Psychoanalyst († 1961)
- 1885: Andre Maurois, writer French († 1967)
- 1894: Aldous Huxley, British writer
- 1900: Fernand Schreurs, Belgian Politician of French expression and Walloon militant († December 11th 1970)
- 1903: Charles Marx, doctor, Resistant, Luxembourg minister, († June 13rd, 1946)
- 1908: Salvador Allende, president of Chile. († September 11th 1973)
- 1925: Robert Hirsch French actor with Isle-Adam, in the Val-d'Oise (France).
- 1928 : Stanley Kubrick, American Realizer
- 1935: Claude Esteban, Poet French († April 10th 2006)
- 1937: Boris Cyrulnik, psychoanalyst, French neuropsychiatrist
- 1939: John Award, Prime Minister Australia N
- 1944: Bertrand Eveno, French senior official ( Tax inspector ), énarque, president of the Agency France-Press of 2000 with 2005.
- 1945 : Helen Mirren, British actress .
- 1949 :
- 1950: Nicholas Evans, journalist and British writer
- 1951: William S. McArthur, Jr., American astronaut
- 1959: Kevin Spacey, American actor
- 1964: Sandra Bullock, actor American
- 1968: Frederic Diefenthal, actor French
- 1973: Kate Beckinsale, actor American
- 1974: Daniel Negreanu, Player of professional Poker.
- 1976 : Oliv', Draftsman French
- 1471 : Paul II ( Pietro Barbo ), 211ème Pope of the Catholic church, after seven years of pontificate. (° February 23rd 1417)
- 1863: Emma Livry French Dancer
- 1680: John Wilmot, Second Count de Rochester, writer and poet libertine
- 1941: Marx Dormoy, French political personality
- 1952: Eva Perón, Political Woman Argentinian (° 1919)
- 1984: George Gallup, American Statistician
- 1986: W. Averell Harriman, diplomatic American (° 1891)
- 2001: Jacques Bens, writer and Poet French, cofounder of the Oulipo. (° March 25th 1931).
- 2005 : Thierry Jean-Pierre, 50 years, Magistrate French, actor of the Business Urba. (° July 27th 1955).
- 2007 : Claude Collard, 82 years, judoka and sporting leader French. Founder of CNOSF. (° October 20th 1924).
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Benign of Malcesine (9th century), hermit with S. Charus.
- Hermolaüs de Nicomédie (+ 305), martyr with two other priests.
- Parascève of Rome (2nd century), virgin and martyrdom.
- Joris (+ 1033), Armenian bishop.
Catholic saints of the day
- Anne mother of the Virgin Mary (Western date).
Beats-smg: Lėipas 26 Be-X-old: 26 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 26. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 26 juli Simple: July 26 Zh-yue: 7 月 26 號
|Random links:||Not flow | Thousand Miglia | Alfaia | Azoun IV | Raoul de Cambrai|