The July 24th is the 205e Jour of the Année (206e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1702 : An about sixty Protestants deliver prisoners in a Cevennes borough , on the edge of the Tarn, the Bridge-with-Monvert and kill their geôlier, a priest, the Abbé of Chayla, vicar-general of the bishop of Mende. The Protestants of the the Cevennes take the weapons; it is the beginning of the Guerre of Camisards, directed by Gédéon Laporte, then with its death by its nephew Pierre Laporte, said Roland , assisted by Jean Cavalier, which will be controlled only in January 1705.
1904 : Creation of an international commission to inquire into the practices used in the production of the rubber (political of the cut hands, taking of hostages…).
1923 : Signature of the Treated of Lausanne.
1943 : Arrest of Benito Mussolini.
1974 : The Turkish army invades the north of Cyprus, nine days after a military coup d'etat pro-Greek. The same day, falls of the Régime of the Colonels in Greece and formation of the government of Constantin Caramanlis.
1990 : the oil company which had chartered the Amoco Cadiz is recognized as responsible for the Naufrage of 1978 and is condemned to pay more than 100 million euros at the Breton cities disaster victims.
- Lance Armstrong gains its seventh Tour de France consecutively and puts an end to its career cyclist.
- the Frenchwoman Laure Manaudou gains the gold medal of the 400 meters freestyle of the championships of the world of swimming in Montreal.
- the rains of Mousson which fall down on the South Asia caused risings and floods which made more than 5000 died.
2007 : release of the nurses and the doctor Bulgarian imprisoned since eight years in Libya.
- 1775 : Eugene-François Vidocq, adventurous French († 1857)
- 1783: Simón Bolívar, known as “El Libertador”, general and South American statesman († 1830), at the origin of the independence of several countries
- 1802: Alexandre Dumas father, French writer († 1870)
- 1856: Picardy Emile, mathematician and academician French († 1941)
- 1859: Louis d' Iriart d' Etchepare, French politician († 1945)
- 1860: Alfons Mucha, painter and Czech illustrator († 1939), promoter of the Art nouveau
- 1892: Marcel Gromaire, painter French expressionnist († April 11th 1971)
- 1895: Robert Low registers, poet and British novelist († December 7th 1985)
- 1909: Jerzy Różycki, mathematician and cryptologist Polish († January 9th 1942)
- 1929: Peter Yates, realizer étatsunien
- 1931: Eric Tabarly, French navigator († June 13rd 1998)
- 1938: Eugene James Martin, artist-painter étatsunien († 2005)
- 1942: Chris Sarandon, American actor
- 1943: Andre Bézu, French humorist († February 3rd 2007)
- 1946: Herve Vilard, French singer
- 1964: Barry Bonds, player of baseball étatsunien
- 1969: Jennifer Lopez, actress and singer étatsunienne
- 1973: Johan Micoud, footballer of the Of Gironde of Bordeaux
- 1979: Pink Byrne, Australian actor
- 1980: Gauge, actress étatsunienne
- 1982: Anna Paquin, Canadian actress
- 1838 : Frederic Vat, French naturalist (° 1773).
- 1846 : Joseph Leopold Eybler, Austrian Type-setter . (° February 8th 1765)
- 1862: Martin Van Buren, American politician (° December 7th 1782, 8th president of the United States (1837-1841)
- 1927: Ryūnosuke Akutagawa, writer Japan board (° March 1st 1892)
- 1957: Sacha Guitry, actor, dramatic author and French scenario writer (° 1885)
- 1969: Witold Gombrowicz, writer Polish (° August 4th 1904)
- 1974: James Chadwick, British physicist (° 1891)
- 1980: Peter Sellers, British actor (° 1925)
- 1993: Francis Bouygues, king of the French BTP Francis Bouygues (° 1922)
- 2001: Georges Dor, author, type-setter, playwright, singer, poet, translator, producer and realizer of Québécois theater. (° 1931)
- 2003: Henri Attal, French actor (° 1936)
- 2005: Sir Richard Fraud, 92 years, scientific British who established for the first time a bond between the tobacco and lung cancer (° 1912).
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Christine: born in Belgium at the 12th century. It “would have remained a long time died and had obtained to take again its flesh to make its Purgatoire ici-bas”.
- Christine de Tyr (3rd century), martyrdom.
- Boris and Gleb (+ 1015), princes martyrs in Russia.
- Ségolène (7th century), founder of the monastery of Troclar (Tarn).
Beats-smg: Lėipas 24 Be-X-old: 24 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 24. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 24 juli Simple: July 24 Zh-yue: 7 月 24 號
|Random links:||National Football Conference | Noureddine Drioueche | Silent Alarm Remixed | Othon II of Burgundy | Ibarra (Guipúzcoa)|