The July 22nd is the 203e Jour of the Année (204e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1287 : Guillaume de Nangis, chronicler born about the middle of the 13th century, monk of Saint-Denis, completes the drafting of its biography of Philippe III Bold the.
- 1298 : battle of Falkirk in Scotland between the troops of William Wallace and that of Edouard Ier, king d' Angleterre
- 1487: The Grand fire of Bourges still called Grand fire of the Madeleine destroys one the third of the city and mark the beginning of the decline of the capital of the Berry.
- 1812 : Victoire of the duke of Wellington on the Marshal Marmont with Salamanque (Spain).
- 1894 : First automobile race on road (Paris - Rouen). The speed records were reached by the marquis Albert de Dion (22 km/h).
- 1934 : Agents of the FBI kill the gangster John Dillinger, in Chicago.
- 1950 : May 22nd, Léopold III returns to Belgium. The day before, of the attacks had already taken place and they were followed of a hundred sabotages, of a general strike in Walloon country, outline of a separatist Walloon Gouvernement in Liege, May 30th and 31st, after deaths of Grace-Berleur, that is to say the epilog of the royal Question. The withdrawal of the king made fall agitation.
- 1955 : Crossing of the Lake Midsummer's Day - At the 30 years age, the Inhabitant of Quebec Jacques Amyot becomes the first swimmer to make a success of the crossing of the Lac Midsummer's Day with the stroke. Started from Péribonka, it takes him 11 hours and 3 minutes to join Roberval
- 1962: The American satellite TELSTAR 1 relays the first television program on line between the United States and Europe.
- 1969: The general Franco appoints the prince Juan Carlos like his heir with the Spanish report heading.
- 1971 : Discovered Lady of Baza , a polychrome stone statuette of fourth century BC, in the Cerro del Santuario, necropolis of the antique quoted of Basti (Baza), in the province of Grenade.
- 1985 : 18 private free radios are authorized to emit in Paris region.
- 1994 : coup d'etat by soldiers in Gambia; the captain Yahya Jammeh seizes the power.
- 1784 : Friedrich Bessel, mathematician
- 1804: Victor Schoelcher, French politician († December 25th 1893)
- 1887: Gustav Ludwig Hertz, German physicist, Nobel Prize in 1925 for its theory of the light output († October 30th 1975)
- 1822: Gregor Mendel, Austrian geneticist († January 6th 1884)
- 1867: Gustave the Red, French writer, specialized in the serialized story († February 24th 1938)
- 1882: Edward Hopper, American painter
- 1890: Pink Kennedy, matriarche of the clan Kennedy
- 1916: Marcel Cerdan, French boxer († October 27th 1949)
- 1924: Red-headed Michel, French actor († February 2nd 2007)
- 1930: Yuri Petrovich Artyukhin, cosmonaut
- 1942: Toyohiro Akiyama, first Japanese spationaut
- 1947: Gilles Duceppe, Québécois politician
- 1947: Danny Glover, American actor
- 1976: KOKIA, Japanese singer
1461 : Charles VII, king de France, father of Louis XI. Died in Tours of a phlegmon to the throat.
- 1603 : Łukasz Górnicki, Polish writer of the 16th century, Humanistic and Poet. (° 1527).
- 1802 : Marie François Xavier Bichat, French biologist.
- 1813 : George Kearsley Shaw, Botanist and British Zoologist (° 1751).
- 1823 : William Bartram, American naturalist (° 1739)
- 1826: Giuseppe Piazzi, astronomer and ecclesiatic Italian (° 1746).
- 1832 : Napoleon II, known as l" “Aiglon" , wire of Napoleon i and Marie-Louise of Austria.
- 1856 : Jean Senebier, priest and Swiss botanist (° 1742)
- 1859: Louis de Potter, Belgian politician (° April 26th 1786).
- 1950 : William Lyon Mackenzie King, tenth Prime Minister of Canada (° December 17th 1874)
- 2000: Claude Sautet, 76 years, scenario writer and French realizer in particular of the " Things of the vie" and of " César and Rosalie". (° February 23rd, 1924 in Montrouge (Hauts-de-Seine)
- 2003: Wire of Saddam Hussein, Odai Hussein, 39 years, and Qusai, 37 years, are killed at the time of an American raid on a residence of Mosul in the north of the Iraq.
- 2004 : Sacha Distel, French singer (° January 29th 1933)
- 2007 :
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Marie Madeleine or Marie de Magdala (Ier century), the Eastern tradition distinguishes it from the anonymous pecheress of the Gospel of Luc saint who made to irruption in full meal at Simon the Pharisee. Sponsor perfumers.
- Wandrille de Fontenelle (+ 666), abbot in Normandy.
Catholic saints of the day
Beats-smg: Lėipas 22 Be-X-old: 22 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 22. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 22 juli Simple: July 22 Zh-yue: 7 月 22 號
|Random links:||(268) Adorea | Guerras de la tierra de Nueva Zelandia | Robert de Fiennes | Robert L. Gibson | Caius Claudius Marcellus (consul in -49) | Orhei|