The July 20th is the 201e Jour of the Année (202e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1214 : The united army arrived to Valencian.
- 1402 : Tamerlan ( Timour lenk ) demolishes the Othoman Turks with Ankara and seizes the sultan Bayezid Ier, who will die the following year in captivity.
- 1420 : constrained Amédée VIII the Monegasques of Turbie to pay the Tax on land to take part in donatif made in Nice.
- 1627 : Unloading of the English on the Ile de Ré.
- 1749 : Voltaire and Emilie of Châtelet arrives at Lunéville where they will remain some time at the court of the king Stanislas Leczinski.
- 1789 : Bag of the town hall of Strasbourg.
- 1810 : independence of the Colombia.
- 1842 : first rise of the Aneto, culminating point of the the Pyrenees (3404 m).
- 1866 : the Austrians destroy the Italian fleet with broad of Lissa.
- 1881 : The chief Sioux Sitting Bull goes to the American army.
- 1944 :
- 1951 : Assassination of the king Abdallah Ier of Jordan to Jerusalem.
- 1954 : The France and the Viet Minh sign an armistice with Geneva.
- 1969: Neil Armstrong and Edwin Buzz Aldrin is posed on the the Moon on board Apollo 11. Neil Armstrong is the first human being to be gone on the Moon to 21:56 min and 15 S hour of the United States (either on July 21st in universal Time).
- 1974 : Unloading of important Turkish forces to Cyprus.
- 1976 : The American space probe Viking 1 is posed on Mars, at the end of a voyage 11 months and starts to transmit photographs towards the Ground.
- 1986 : With Buenaventura (Mexico, federal district of Mexico City), alternate of Eulalio López Díaz known as “El Zotoluco”, Mexican Matador.
- 1996 :
- Flood in Saguenay. After several days of abundant rain on the area of the Saguenay-Lake-Saint-Jean, the dam of the lake with Boileau yields, involving with its continuation all the water of the lake towards City-of-the-Bay.
- With Valence (Spain), alternative of Jose Antonio Canales Will rivet, Spanish Matador.
- 1998 : Lyonpo Jigme Thinley becomes Prime Minister for the Bhutan.
- 1700: Henri Louis Duhamel of the Heap, Politician and a Scientific French († 1782)
- 1743: Costillares (Joaquín Rodríguez), Spanish Matador († January 27th 1800).
- 1774 : Auguste Frederic Louis Viesse de Marmont, Marshal of Empire, duke of Raguse
- 1804: Richard Owen, biologist, specialist in Comparative anatomy and British paleontologist
- 1847: max Liebermann, German painter († February 8th 1935)
- 1864: Gaston Carraud, Type-setter French. († June 15th 1920).
- 1909 : Mireille Balin, French actress. († November 9th 1968).
- 1919 : Sir Edmund Hillary, Mountaineer New Zealand
- Jacques Delors, economist and politician French
- Frantz Fanon, French-speaking writer († December 6th 1961).
- 1932 : Nam June Paik, American artist of South Korean origin . († January 29th 2006).
- 1938 : Diana Rigg, British actress
- 1941: Vladimir Liakhov, Ukrainian spationaut
- 1942: Yves Mourousi, presenter of television († 1998)
- 1964: Chris Cornell, Singer and American Guitarist
- 1967: Indra, Swedish Singer
- 1974: Bonny B., Musician
- 1980: Gisele Bündchen, Signal-model Brazil IEN
- 1351: Boleslas III, duke of Płock
- 1358: Albert II '' Wise the '', duke of Austria, the house of Habsbourg. (° 1298).
- 1524 : Died of Claude of France, queen of France
- 1793: Antoine Bruny d' Entrecasteaux, French navigator (° November 8th 1737).
- 1819 : John Playfair, British mathematician
- 1866: Bernhard Riemann, German Mathematician
- 1870: Jules Alfred Huot de Goncourt
- 1889: Anton Ausserer, German Naturalist specialist in the Spider S (° 1843)
- 1903: Leon XIII, pope, born Vincenzo Gioacchino Raffaele Luigi Pecci (° March 2nd 1810)
- 1926: Felix Dzerjinski politician Soviet (° 1877).
- 1936 : Jose Sanjurjo, military Spanish (° 1872)
- 1945: Paul Valéry, French writer (° October 30th 1871)
- 1952: Ferdinand Batch, Médiéviste French (° 1866)
- 1973: Bruce Lee, American actor, specialist in Chinese martial arts. (° 1940).
- 2001 : Carlo Giuliani, activist, Anarchistic Poet and Italian
- 2006: Gerard Oury, actor, realizer and scenario writer French
- 2007: Antonio Carlos Peixoto de Magalhães, 79 years, politician Brazil IEN. Senator and several times governor of the State of Bahia. (° September 4th 1927).
Colombia: Colombian national festival, in remembering independence Colombia, the July 20th, 1810 .
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- the prophet Élie
- Holy Marina
Beats-smg: Lėipas 20 Be-X-old: 20 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 20. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 20 juli Simple: July 20 Zh-yue: 7 月 20 號
|Random links:||Martin Arnold | Female vote in Switzerland | Ibère | Festival of Lucerne orchestrates | Donji Statovac|