The July 18th is the 199e Jour of the Année (200e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1658 : Léopold Ier is elected sovereign Germanic Holy roman Empire Romain.
- 1776 : Public reading of the Declaration of independence from the United States of America in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1812 : By the treaty of Orebro, England is combined in Sweden and Russia against France.
- 1830 : the Uruguay adopts its first constitution.
- 1870 : the Concile of the Vatican I defines the Dogme pontifical Infaillibilité.
- 1925: Adolf Hitler publishes its book Mein Kampf
- 1936: Beginning of the War of Spain.
- 1947 : The Britanniques drive back the Exodus arrived in Palestine with 4500 Juifs on its board.
- 1962 : With the Peru, a military coup d'etat reverses the president Manuel Prado Ugarteche.
- 1976 : With the Olympic Games of Montreal, Nadia Comăneci obtains a note of 10 with the asymmetric bars.
- 1984 : 21 people are killed by James Oliver Huberty in a restaurant McDonald's of San Ysidro, in California. James Oliver Huberty is killed in his turn by a marksman of the police force.
- 1989 : inauguration of the Grande Arche with Defense, close to Paris.
- 1991 : Assassination of the Belgian socialist politician Andre Cools.
- 1993 : The open political crisis in April by the dismissal of the Prime Minister Pakistan board Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif by the president Ghulam Ishaq Khan, returned acuter by the decision of the supreme court to restore in May the Sharif government, is solved by the joint resignation of the two men.
- 1994 : Rosanna Beyond Corte, Italy, does not beat the record of the oldest mother of the world by giving birth by Cesarean to a boy, the 62 years and 7 months age.
- 1998 :
- the body of Eric Tabarly is found by a French trawler in Irish Sea with 30 miles in the south-west of Milford Haven (Wales).
- Creation of the first permanent and international court, the International penal court (CPI), charged to judge the war crimes and crimes against humanity. First universal and permanent jurisdiction, its statute is signed on July 18th 1998 with Rome by 120 countries and now by 139.
- the Indian members of Parliament elect as Head of State A.P.J Abdul Kalam, father of the Indian nuclear deterrence and third president resulting from the Moslem minority.
- the French of Moroccan origin Zacarias Moussaoui, only person continued within the framework of the attacks of the September 11th, tries to plead guilty, but the judge imposes one week of additional reflection to him.
- 2003 : A gigantic fire having started the day before, destroyed 10.000 hectares of pine forest and scrubland in the Massive of the Moors.
- 2007 : A conduit of underground vapor explodes in New York, towards 18:00, with the intersection of Lexington Avenue and of the 41e Rue of Manhattan, causing the death of a person and a score of casualties, of which some seriously. A vapor and ebullient and brownish water jet rises like a geyser to forty meters height above a crater six meters width. The incident created of strong disturbances in full rush hour. Nearly 200 firemen precipitate on the spot, as well as ambulances and police officers.
- 1635 : Robert Hooke, English physicist († 1703)
- 1720: Gilbert White, Naturalist and British Ornithologist († 1793).
- 1811 : William Makepeace Thackeray, British author († 1863)
- 1853: Hendrik Antoon Lorentz, physicist Dutch († 1928), Nobel Prize of physics (1902)
- 1864: Ricarda Huch, writer († 1947)
- 1882: El Gallo (Rafael Gómez Ortega), Spanish Matador († May 25th 1960)
- 1887: Vidkun Quisling, politicking Norwegian
- 1898: John Stuart, British actor († 1979).
- 1900 : Nathalie Sarraute, writer French of Russian origin. († October 19th 1999)
- 1905: Rene Dary, French actor. († October 9th 1974)
- 1909: Andrei Gromyko, president of the the USSR 1985 - 1989 and chair Supreme Soviet (1985 - 1988). († 1989)
- 1911: Hume Cronyn, actor and American scenario writer. († June 15th 2003)
- 1913: Mrs Soleil, astrologer Frenchwoman, († October 27th 1996)
- 1917: Henri Salvador, author, type-setter, interprets.
- 1918 :
- Nelson Mandela, president of the South Africa
- Carl Ottosen, actor Danish († January 8th 1972)
- Pierre Sabbagh, journalist († September 30th 1994)
- 1921: John Glenn, first American astronaut with going in orbit.
- 1922 :
- 1929 : Eva Bartok, actress. († 1998)
- 1930: Emmanuel Bob Akitani, political personality Togo leaves
- 1933: Jean Yanne, actor and realizer French († 2003)
- 1935: Ben Vautier, artist French
- 1938 :
- Renzo Pasolini, pilot motor bike vice world champion 1972, Italy († May 20th 1973)
- Paul Verhoeven, realizer
- El Viti (Santiago Martín Sánchez), Spanish Matador .
- 1939 :
- 1940 : James Brolin, American actor
- 1947: Ayn Ruymen, actress
- 1950: Richard Branson, British contractor (Virgin)
- 1951: Elio Di Rupo, Belgian politician
- 1961: Elizabeth McGovern, American actress
- 1963: Dizzy Reed, 1e clavierist of the Pink Guns.
- 1967 : Vin Diesel, actor and producing
- 1969: the Large Sophie, French singer
- 1975: Daron Malakian, American guitarist, member of System off has Down.
- 1978 : Mélissa Theuriau, journalist Frenchwoman
- 1979: Francisco Javier Sánchez Vara, Spanish Matador
- 1980 :
- Ryoko Hirosue, actress and Japanese singer
- Beautiful Kristen, American actress
- 1981: Refusals Seidenberg, German hockey player on ice
- 1982: Priyanka Chopra, Indian actress, Miss Monde 2000
- 640 : Arnoul of reorganizing Metz of Austrasie then bishop of Metz. It is the quadrisaïeul of Charlemagne.
- 1100 : Godefroy de Bouillon, first Christian king of Jerusalem (° v. 1058)
- 1610 : Caravage, painter Italy N
- 1623: Pope Gregoire XV
- 1639: Bernard of Saxony-Weimar, general German, who made itself famous during the Guerre Thirty Year old.
- 1665 : Stefan Czarniecki, general Polish (° 1599)
- 1721: Antoine Watteau, painter French (° 1684)
- 1817: Jane Austen, British writer (° 1775)
- 1819: Barthelemy Faujas of Saint-Bottom, geologist and vulcanologist French (° 1741)
- 1826: Joseph Zayonchek, general
- 1870: Theodore Lacordaire, Belgian Entomologist of French origin (° 1801)
- 1896: Joséphine Rostkowska, army medical officer Polish (° March 19th 1784)
- 1901: Carlo Alfredo Piatti, violoncellist and Italian type-setter (° Bergamo, January 8th, 1822)
- 1909: the prince Charles of Bourbon, duke of Madrid, elder of the Capétiens and chief of the House of France (° 1848)
- 1949: Vitezslav Novák, Czech type-setter (° December 5th 1870)
- 1988: Nico, singer and mannequin having had a child with Alain Delon (° October 16th 1938).
- 1990 :
- 1991: Andre Cools, socialist politician Belgian, assassinated with Cointe. (° 1927).
- 1995 : Fabio Casartelli, Italian racing cyclist, died on the Tour de France
- Frederic, Frederique
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Arnoul of Metz (+ 640), bishop.
- Arnoul of Yvelines (Life century), martyr.
- Émilien de Durostorum (+ 363), martyr in Scythie.
- Frederic of Utrecht (+ 838), bishop martyr.
- Pambo de Nitrie (IVe century), hermit, Father of the Desert.
Catholic saints of the day
- Brunon de Ségni († 1125), bishop.
Beats-smg: Lėipas 18 Be-X-old: 18 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 18. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 18 juli Simple: July 18 Zh-yue: 7 月 18 號
|Random links:||Brain death | Cathedral of the Annunciation of Moscow | Infraordre (biology) | Polished (Italy) | Company of electricity of Kyushu|