The July 16th is the 197e Jour of the Année (198e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1212: The Christian kingdoms of Spain gain a major victory over the Moors, at the time of the Bataille of Mow Navas de Tolosa
- 1344: End of the kingdom of independent Majorque: Jacques III, last king independent of Majorque, also count of Roussillon and Cerdagne, which was a time taken refuge at its vassal count de Foix, is relieved of all its grounds
- 1394: Charles VI orders the expulsion of the Jews of France
- 1465: Battle of Montlhéry
- 1489: Publication with Lisbon (Portugal) by the rich person scholar Eliezer Toledano of the “Comment” of Nahmanide on the Pentateuque, which constitutes the very first book printed with Lisbon
- 1767: Jeanne-Francoise Frémyot de Chantal is canonized by Clément XIII.
- 1789 :
- Recall of Necker.
- First departures in emigration: the count d' Artois, brother of Louis XVI, the prince de Condé, thrown into a panic by turning that the events take exile.
1942 : 12.884 Jews are stopped at the time of the Rafle of the cycle-racing track of winter to Paris, raid which only represents with it more of the quarter of the 42.000 Jewish French envoys with Auschwitz in 1942
- 1945: First explosion of a atomic bomb following the Project Manhattan
- 1965: Inauguration of the Tunnel of Mont Blanc
- 1969: The space mission Apollo 11 takes off of Cape Kennedy (Cap Canaveral) in Florida with on its board a crew of three astronauts: Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin and Michael Hakes. The mission aims to lead Armstrong and Aldrin to the surface of the moon
- 1971: The Spanish dictator Francisco Franco indicates Juan Carlos de Borbón to be his successor, with the title of king d' Espagne
- 1974: The president Valery Giscard d'Estaing chooses the journalist Francoise Giroud like first Secretary of State to the Female condition
- 1990: An earthquake with the Filipino makes 1.450 dead
- 1993: First version of the distribution GNU/Linux Slackware
- Fin of the civil war to the Rwanda
- the planet Jupiter is struck by the fragments of the Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9
- 1995: The French president Jacques Chirac recognizes the responsibility for the State in anti-Jewish persecutions of 1940-1944, at the time of the commemoration of the raid of Vel' of hiv'
- Election of My Ying-jeou, mayor of the capital of Taiwan, Taipeh, like chair Kuomintang (KMT), becoming thus the principal leader of the first force of the opposition
- a Kamikaze is exploded, with its tanker, in a service station close to a mosque of the city Chiite Musayyib, with approximately 60km in the south of Baghdad, killing more than 98 people and making more than 100 wounded. See article Wikinews
1194 : Claire of Sitted, holy of the Catholic church
- 1486: Andrea del Sarto, Italian painter of the High Rebirth
- 1714: Marc-Rene de Montalembert, military officer, man of letters and French engineer, specialized in the defensive fortifications
- 1723: Joshua Reynolds, painter († 1792)
- 1776: Ludwig Heinrich Bojanus, Doctor and German Naturalist († 1827)
- 1821: Mary Baker Eddy, Christian founder of sciences
- 1855: Georges Rodenbach, Belgian poet Symbolist of French-speaking expression. († December 25th 1898)
- 1858: Eugene Ysaÿe, Belgian violonist
- 1884: Anna Vyroubova, member of the Russian nobility
- 1888: Frederik Zernike, Dutch physicist, prize winner of the Nobel Prize of physics in 1953
- 1872: Roald Amundsen, exploring Norwegian
- 1896: Trygve Binds, Norwegian statesman († 1968) and first General secretary of UNO
- 1902: Alexandre Louria, neurologist and Russian psychologist
- 1907: Barbara Stanwyck, American actress († 1990)
- 1911: Ginger Rogers, American actress († 1995)
- 1919: Choi Kyu-ha, president of South Korea of 1979 to 1980
- 1926: Irwin Pink: American biochemist, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 2004
- 1930: Guy Béart, type-setter and singer French
- 1931: Bernard Dimey, poet, lyric writer
- 1941: Desmond Dekker, singer and Jamaican type-setter of reggae and ska
- 1942: Margaret Smith Short, Australian tennis player, considered as one of largest of the history of this sport
- 1950: Pierre Paradise, Québécois politician
- 1957: Alexandra Marinina, Russian novelist
- Miguel Indurain, cyclist, quintuples victorious Tour de France.
- Phil Hellmuth, Player of professional Poker.
- 1968 : Larry Sanger, cofounder of Wikipédia
- 1969: Björn Dunkerbeck, the Véliplanchiste more titrated of all times
- 1974: Chris Pontius, member of Jackass
- 1982: Jesse Jane, American actress porn
- 1465 : Pierre de Brézé, large seneshal of Anjou, Poitou and Normandy, killed with the Battle of Montlhéry.
- 1691 : François Michel Tellier, marquis de Louvois, minister of state (° 1641)
- 1848: Jöns Jacob Berzelius, chemist Swedish (° 1779)
- 1857: Pierre-Jean de Béranger (° August 19th 1780)
- 1764: Ivan VI of Russia, Tsar of Russia of 1740 with 1741 (° 1740)
- 1887: Laurent-Guillaume de Koninck, paleontologist and Belgian chemist
- 1907: Eugene Dustbin, Parisian prefect (° 1831)
- 1953: Hilaire Belloc, writer and journalist French (° July 20th 1870)
- 1982: Patrick Dewaere, French actor (° January 26th 1947)
- 1989: Herbert von Karajan, Austrian leader (° April 5th 1908)
- 1994: Julian Schwinger, American physicist (° February 12th 1918), Prize winner of the Nobel Prize of Physics in 1965
- 1997: Dora Maar, painter and photographer, partner of Picasso (° December 22nd 1907)
- 1999: John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr., wire of president John F. Kennedy (° November 25th 1960)
- Celia Cruz, cuban singer, “queen of the Salsa” (° October 21st 1925)
- Carol Shields, Canadian novelist of American origin (° May 16th 1935)
- 2007: Mikhail Kononov, 67 years, Russian actor . (° April 25th 1940).
- France: National day with the memory of the victims of the racist crimes and anti-semites of the French State and homage to the Right of France ()
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
Beats-smg: Lėipas 16 Be-X-old: 16 ліпеня Fiu-vro: 16. hainakuu päiv Nds-nl: 16 juli Simple: July 16 Zh-yue: 7 月 16 號
|Random links:||Nouvelle Star | Talib Kweli | Ali Al-Atassi | Ernest Rock | KSV Ice Tigers|