BiographyIt turned under the direction of Louis Malle, Robert Altman, Steven Spielberg, Gus Van Sant, Neil Jordan, Alfonso Cuaron and Todd Haynes…
She was nominated a great number of times by the Academy of the Oscars (category better actress ), in particular in the End of a Connection of Neil Jordan in 1999 and Far from the paradise of Todd Haynes in 2002, but never accepted the statuette.
YouthJulie Anne Smith was born from a military father, the military judge and Colonel Peter Moore Smith, and of Anne, psychiatrist who emigrated of Dunoon in Scotland. She has a younger sister, Valerie, and a brother born in 1965, Peter Moore Smith III. Moving unceasingly basic soldier in military base, she lived in nearly 23 residences between the United States and Germany. In 1979, it passes its first diplomas to Germany to American High School of Francfort-sur-le-Main. It receives later its university degree of the school of Arts and the Letters of the university of Boston.
CareerAfter a very short passage to Hollywood in 1982, it appears in tiny a Série B: Timerider: The Adventure off Lyle Swann of William Dear. A little later it leaves the Californienne coast very quickly. Julie Anne Smith settles with New York in 1983 and works as waitress before taking down the roles of Frannie and Sabrina Hugues in the soap opera: Ace the World Turns . She will gain for her interpretations Daytime Emmy Award. She works in the series of 1985 with 1988. Because of Screen Actors Guild, it will have to change name. There existed already an actress of the name of Julie Smith. She chooses the first name: Julianne for Julianne Smith. But there existed still an actress bearing the same name! She thus took the second first name of her father: Moore and thus became: Julianne Moore.
At the end of the Eighties, it makes a first outstanding appearance with the cinema in Darkside the tales of the night (sympathetic nerve Série B) then returns in a role of pitiless businesswoman in the Hand on the cradle of Curtis Hanson. It connects the small roles in a commercial film succession. It remains nevertheless memorable in the two only scenes or it appears in the film Fugitive the of Andrew Davis in 1993. One finds it in a romantic comedy: Benny & Joon with Johnny Depp. It is at that time that it turns one of its worst films with Body . erotic Nanar putting in fat and lustful scene the Madonna.
She obtains, finally, the favor of criticisms international with the masterpiece of Robert Altman: Short Cuts in 1993. In spite of the multiple high-speed motorboats of this film choral society: its role of young woman WASP expressing, through a scene of naked amazing, its share of disillusion on the existence will mark the public and the critics. It is engaged by Louis Malle for her last film (an adaptation of Anton Tchekhov) in ignored: Vanya, 42e street in 1994 . It quickly alternates the large commercial machines with more intellectual and independent films. For Hollywood films, none is worthy of interest, but note: Assassins of Richard To give, atrocious the Last nine Months Also of Chris Colombus and mercantile the Le Monde lost: Jurassic Park of Steven Spielberg in 1997.
Actress without OscarAt the end of the Nineties and with the beginning of the year 2000, it is regularly nominated like better actress. With End of a Connection of Neil Jordan and Magniolia in 1999 of P.T Anderson.
Later: two other nominations will follow with its roles of housewife WASP in: Far from the paradise (classified among the 1000 larger American films according to the New York Time and elected by the Village Voice : “Film of the Year 2002”) and The Hours the same year. However, it will never have only one Oscar…
The commercial films of the period do not develop it and fit unfortunately in worst its catalog of films. It turns, for the money, an incalculable number of turnip. Evolution of Ivan Reitman, the unobtrusive Memory of Joseph Ruben or laughable the Next of Lee Tamahori in 2007. Even when it takes again the role of Jodie Foster in the calamitous Hannibal of Ridley Scott in 2000 the critics hardly appreciate… Its last films are generally rather badly received. The PrizeWinner off Distrust, Ohio of Jane Anderson and Freedomland of Joe Roth are (it seems) too bad to be distributed in France. One finds all the same in 2006 a great success with: Sons of man of Alfonso Cuaron. In spite of a very small appearance (three scenes only) Julianne Moore manages to ideally incarnate the broken past of the hero of film.
Private lifeJulianne Moore had three husbands. Sundar Chakravarthy (1983-1985). John Gould Rubin (1986-1995) and the realizer Bart Freundlich (1996-). It will turn several times together. The couple has two children: a son, Caleb Freundlich (04/012/97), and a girl: Liv Helen Freundlich (4/7/02). In Trust The Man in 2006 it will play under the direction of her husband and with the side of his own son.
Catalog of films
- 1989 : Darkside tales of the night ( Bruise from the Darkside ), of John Harrison
- 1991: the Hand on the cradle ( The Hand that rock'n'rolls the cradle ), of Curtis Hanson
- 1992: The Gun in Betty Lou' S Handbag , of Allan Moyle
- 1993: Body ( Body off obviousness ), of Uli Edel
- 1993: Benny & Joon , of Jeremiah Chechik
- 1993: Fugitive the ( The Fugitive ), of Andrew Davis
- 1993: Short Cuts , of Robert Altman
- 1994: Vanya, 42e street ( Vanya, 42nd Street ), of Louis Malle
- 1994: Assassins , of Richard To give
- 1995: Safe , of Todd Haynes
- 1995: Last nine months also ( Nine months ), of Chris Columbus
- 1996: Surviving Picasso , of James Ivory
- 1997: Le Monde lost: Jurassic Park ( The Lost World Jurassic Park ), of Steven Spielberg
- 1997: Boogie Nights , of Paul Thomas Anderson
- 1997: Back Home ( The Myth off Fingerprints ), of Bart Freundlich
- 1997: The Big Lebowski , of Joel Coen
- 1998: Welcome to Hollywood , of Tony Markes
- 1998: Psycho , of Gus Van Sant
- 1998: Cookie' S fortune , of Robert Altman
- 1999: a chart of the world ( has Map off the World ), of Scott Elliott
- 1999: an ideal husband ( ideal Year husband ), of Oliver Parker
- 1999: Magniolia , of Paul Thomas Anderson
- 1999: End of a connection ( The End off to affair ), of Neil Jordan
- 2000: a ladies' man ( The Ladies man ), of Reginald Hudlin
- 2000: Hannibal , of Ridley Scott
- 2001: World traveler , of Bart Freundlich
- 2001: Evolution , of Ivan Reitman
- 2001: New Ground ( The Shipping news ), of Lasse Hallström
- 2001: The Hours , of Stephen Daldry
- 2002: Far from the paradise ( Far from heaven ), of Todd Haynes
- 2003: I' m not there: Assumptions there is film concerning Dylan , of Todd Haynes
- 2003: Marie and Bruce , of Tom Cairns
- 2003: a , love affair ( The Laws off attraction ) Peter Howitt
- 2003: unobtrusive Memory ( The Forgotten ), of Joseph Ruben
- 2004: Trust the man , of Bart Freundlich
- 2004: The PrizeWinner off Distrust, Ohio , of Jane Anderson
- 2005: Running with scissors , of Ryan Murphy
- 2005: Next , of Lee Tamahori
- 2005: Freedomland, of Joe Roth
- 2006: , Sons of man Alfonso Cuarón
- 2007: Savage Grace of Tom Kalin
Daytime Emmy Awards
- Reward: Better Young person First for television series, Ace the World Turns (1988)
- Julianne Moore on Internet Movie Database
|Random links:||Radio operator Paris campus | Gislebert de Lotharingie | Roland Ries | Carnotzet | Park of Allan Water Bridge | James_E._Williams|