See also: Kabila
Joseph Kabila Kabange , born the June 4th 1971 with Hewa Bora, is the president of the Democratic republic of Congo since the assassination of the former president, his father Laurent-Desired Kabila, the January 16th 2001, during the Second war of Congo. It is also with the head of the Alliance for the presidential majority (AMP).
November 27th 2006, it is declared by the Supreme court of Justice gaining of the second round of the presidential election, organized on October 29th, 2006, becoming thus the first President of the Republic to being elected by the universal direct suffrage.
BiographyJoseph Kabila Kabange was born on June 4th, 1971 with Hewa Bora in the area from the Fizi (South-Kivu), Her mother, Sifa Mahanya, is the first wife of her father, Laurent Désiré Kabila. It has a twin sister, Jaynet.
Under the mode of Mobutu, it is in exile in Tanzania. It is registered at the French school of Dar Es Salaam, where it is made call for safety reasons Hippolyte Kabange Mtwale . It also deals with the fisheries which his/her father then had on the Lac Tanganyika. In October 1996, it joined this last, at the time of the First war of Congo and is formed with soldiering by the chief of staff of the army Rwanda ise, James Kabarebe.
In 1998, whereas his/her father is president, it tried to stop the civil war and makes withdraw, successfully, the foreign troops stationed in the country.
There was previously a popular polemic on the birth of Joseph Kabila, some affirming that he was the son of Laurent-Desired Kabila and a woman Tutsi (what was badly seen during the conflict). A few days before he becomes president, the government had revealed that his/her mother was a Congolese of the Maniema. Thereafter, Etienne Kabila, an alleged son of Laurent-Desired Kabila, proposed by the Union for the democracy and the social progress (UDPS) during the inter-Congolese dialog, declared that Joseph would be the son of a former Rwandan opponent Christophe Kanambe and of Marcelline Mukambukuje residing in Uganda. According to him, it would have been adopted by Laurent-Desired Kabila after the death of his father, declaration not proven so far. The government will publish later family photos as well as the testimony of his/her mother Sifa Mahanya affirming her official identity.
Following an peace agreement, the inter-Congolese dialog, which puts an end to the Second war of Congo, a transition government was set up in 2003 and comprises the chiefs of the two rebellious independent groups who become thus “vice-presidents”. This transition designed to last 2 years was to lead to elections before the end of the year 2005. In fact, the delays in the execution push back it until the end of 2006.
The March 28th 2004, of the supporters of the former president Mobutu Sese Seko in vain try to reverse Kabila wire by a coup d'etat. Since her come to power, Joseph Kabila must face wars repeated in the East of Congo where rebellious forces internal or supported by nearby governments (Uganda, Rwanda) try to destabilize the country by violence, the crime, the plundering of the resources. Nevertheless these rebels are as motivated by another thing as the lure of gain and the control of the diamond and gold mines: old genocidary the Hutu is rearmed in Congo and leads military raids to the Burundi. The Rwanda as the Burundi which wishes to enter during one time of calm in the area of the Big lakes, pursue the militiamans Interahamwe in the East of the DRC.
Joseph Kabila presented himself to the first free presidential election of Congo in 2006. It was shown by its opponents not to be Congolese but Tanzanian (or Rwandan). These arguments were not regarded as admissible by the Congolese Supreme court. engagements with the heavy weapon also took place in Kinshasa against its rival of the second turn, Jean-Pierre Bemba.
Kabila is at the same time the youngest president of the country, as well as the first president legitimate elected by the vote for all.
- the family of Joseph Kabila will receive 36 million US dollars of the Congolese State, like damages for the murder of his/her aunt Espérance Kabila by the colonel Mwamba Takiriri.
- Joseph Kabila called upon a company of public relations based with Washington DC, Stevens and Schriefer Group, which had previously dealt with two electoral campaigns of George W. Bush.
- After having to leave the Faculty of Law of the university of Makerere to help his/her father, Joseph Kabila obtained a diploma Bachelor off Arts in international relations in Washington International University, institute of higher education remotely not recognized by the department of education of the United States.
- First war of Congo
- Second war of Congo
- Transition government
- Third Republic (Democratic republic of Congo)
- Kabila-Bemba Tensions in 2006 and 2007
- List of the current leaders
- Official site of the president of the Democratic republic of Congo
- Site of the presidential campaign of Kabila
- Site of the presidential campaign of Joseph Kabila
- '' Joseph Kabila Kabange: Congolese hundred percent Wire of Desired Laurent Kabila and Sifa Mahanya '', deboutcongolais.info, September 15th, 2006.
|Random links:||1104 | ArÃ¡ndano | Mihály Munkácsy | Jenzat | Championship of France of football D2 1966-67 | Jacques Marlaud | Bande_de_Möbius|