Jose Bove , of her true name Joseph Bové , born the June 11th 1953 with Talence (the Gironde), is one of the figures of the movement Altermondialiste. agricultural Trade unionist of the Peasant confederation and Via Campesina, it is known for its illegal actions about qualified GMO civil Désobéissance by its defenders. He was candidate with the French presidential election of 2007.
Its causesJose Bove is especially known from her militant actions:
- for an alternative to the Universalization known as Néolibérale;
- against the genetically modified organizations (GMO);
- against the “Malbouffe” and the American domination, incarnated by the Fast-food industry (in particular the McDonald's).
But it also militates (according to its program for the presidential one of 2007):
- For the recognition of the populations of the poor suburbs and the rural world, like their levelling access to the public services.
- Against racism
- For the equality of the men and the women
- For the right to housing
- For dissolution of the VAT (which he considers too violent and not very effective).
- Against Raid S of Without-papers .
- For control citizen on the restoration of the “ quartiers ” in order not to destroy more apartments than it of east does not create.
- For the free access and the respect of the vital natural resources.
- For the development of nonpolluting public transport
- For the development of renewable energies and the complete stop of the project EPR.
- For the defense of a country agriculture.
- For the tax on the financial affairs
- Against the “direction of the world” by the countries of the G8, the the IMF and the the World Bank.
- For the cancellation of the debt of the poor countries.
- For food sovereignty
Its cultural sourcesIt has a culture Libertaire which it asserts for its actions of civil disobedience, by also quoting article II of the Déclaration of the human rights of 1789, which guarantees the right of resistance to oppression. It quotes in its readings Kropotkine, Voline, Nestor Makhno, Elisee Reclus, Bakounine, Thoreau and in particular its civil Désobéissance which inspired Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jean Giono, likes to speak about its meeting with Lanza del Vasto, which knew Gandhi personally and appreciates Louis Lecoin and Jacques Ellul.
He was candidate with the French presidential election of 2007. Its candidature was announced on February 1st, 2007 for the Labor market of Seine-Saint-Denis following the call of: 40,000 people in her favor. In spite of the difficulty and the very short time (45 days), he manages of accuracy to join together sponsorships authorizing his candidature.
Jose Bove is member of a GAEC (Farm) of breeding of ewe for manufacture, in direct transformation, of cheeses of ewe and yoghourts, located at Montredon (commune of the Castling-Holy-Marguerite, in the Département of Aveyron) on the plate of the Larzac, where it was made build an ecological material house. However, this house is threatened of legal seizure following the lawsuits gained in second authority by Monsanto and Biogemma, of seed-bearer of GMO.
He is founding member, and was spokesperson, of the agricultural Syndicat French Peasant confederation , trade union which wishes, also, a “ another policy agricole ” (in a direction more favorable to the small farming community local, less sensitive to the exchanges - to start with the great international business, and more independent with regard to industries which provides the raw materials or which consumes the products of agriculture).
He is founding member of ATTAC, member of the committee of sponsorship of the French Coordination for the Decade of the culture of peace and non-violence.
In her analysis of the company and combat to be carried out, Jose Bove takes as a starting point Henry David Thoreau, Gandhi and Jacques Ellul, which decided for the civil disobedience, the Non-violence and the critic of the system technician.
The fight against the GMO
Its actions of civil Désobéissance about GMO were worth a strong mediatization and notoriety to him, but also of many lawsuits, fines and damages, as well as a stay in prison.
On the ground like front justice, the company with which the Peasant confederation maintains the conflict reports/ratios is Monsanto, an American firm , by impelling more strict regulations on research and French and European biotechnological industry. Regulations which, according to these criticisms, carry damage to its activities. This fight, it also carried it in the name of Via Campesina around the world, like lately with Bamako. It declares there that it is intolerable to push the farmers of the poor countries to cultivate the GMO for then preventing them from replanting seeds produced by these plants under pretext of protection of patents. But its combat is also prolonged in India, Latin America or with Hong-Kong where it will be kept in retention center and will be prohibited territory at the time of the manifestation of G8 in 2006. That will not prevent Korean peasants from boldly expressing there.
It is in addition reproached to him for using the direct action to fight against the GMO, under pretext “ principle of précaution ”, of defense of the health of the citizens (at least, certain GMO modify the Métabolisme consumers and the majority of the citizens would be against the GMO in the food), difficulties of the peasants farmers (62% are against the GMO, overdoses of weedkillers, proven risks of contamination,) or bee-keepers close (OGM-insecticides,) who undergo the contamination, as well as the impoverishment of the peasants which would practice this kind of culture via taxation of the patents of these plants and finally of the “ freedom of thought and expression ”, whereas according to the court which judged it, in this case, nothing would prevent it from seizing a court to claim their prohibition. It persists in its practice of “civil disobedience” in spite of the warnings of justice establishing that it neither was justified nor proportioned. However, the European Union makes pay every month a door amends for its cultures of GMO in full field, this one being prohibited in the Union and the European directive not having been transposed by France.
Lastly, it is reproached to him for adopting an attitude “ obscurantiste ” with respect to the scientific research by sabotaging research on the GMO, calling upon the Precaution principle, thus preventing checking harmlessness, knowing or from proving the reality of the side effects which it pleads of these products. The effect of a food containing food GMO on the animals, like the insects and the rodents, was shown by certain biologists. In addition studies already showed that unquestionable GMO cultivated in France were dangerous, but these studies were hidden by the official organizations of protection of health in France, as that was the case for the Mad cow, or at the time of the incident of Tchernobyl, thus showing a latent deficit of protection of the citizens for the benefit of industries.
In addition, the negative effects except contamination are already known in many countries, in particular in Argentina where one realizes that the argument of reduction of the use of the pesticides holds only on one or two seeds, where the close fields found oneself destroyed and of the sick close populations from the use of weedkillers supposed to make profitable the fields of soya GMO, where the massive culture of GMO controlled by foreign pension funds accelerated the rural migration of the small farming community, thus coming to grow the Bidonville S, but not having however brought anything beneficial.
He states to attack mainly culture GMO in full field, whose risks of contamination would be known. However, it ransacked plantations GMO inside the greenhouses and installations of a research center of CIRAD making it possible to avoid such contaminations.
OriginIt was born with Talence (the Gironde, France) the June 11th 1953.
His/her Joseph father, of Luxembourg origin , sees himself allotting French nationality while becoming regional director of the National institute of the agronomic research (INRA) and is member of the Academy of Science. Jose Bove declared that his/her father did not have " ever worked on OGM". His/her mother Colette Dumeau is professor of Natural science, one of her brothers is Engineer, the other Informaticien. He usually speaks English, having followed, at the three years age, his parents invited as researchers with the Université of Berkeley. He indeed passed all his childhood to the United States. The family spent the holidays in a second home to Lacanau (hamlet of Longarisse).
Registered in a private college of Athis-Mons held by Jesuit S, it is excluded from it being refractory with the Enseignement from the Religion in 1968: it had, says one, “ fact the Apology for drug in an essay of français ”. Remained only with Paris, (his/her parents being transferred to Bordeaux) he attends the official receptions Libertaire S. He obtains his baccalaureat with mention. He considers the teaching of the Philosophie, and is registered in preparatory class at the universities, and the faculty of Bordeaux where in 1971, he meets Alice Monier. During its stay alone in Paris, beginning 1970, it is pacifist and Antimilitariste and close to the Christian movements working. It also militates in hostile movements with the Guerre of Vietnam. Refusing to make its National service, he is regarded as deserter in 1972. He carries out a “ travel initiatique ” in India in 1973. It was marked by the frequentation of the Communauté of the Arch of Lanza del Vasto, this one developing a philosophy of “ Non-violence active ”.
The installation on Larzac (1973-1981)
Refractory with the Military service and refusing the statute of Conscientious objector, Jose Bove, sought by the army, finds refuge in a farm of the the Pyrenees. In 1973, it takes part in the national gathering against the extension of the military camp in the Larzac, where it meets Bernard Lambert. At the summer 1974: 50,000 people take part in the operation Moisson for the Third world in Larzac. It is among the few militants who avoid with François Mitterrand, candidate beaten a few weeks before, to be lynched by bunches Maoïste S.
With its wife Alice Monier, and his/her (first) daughter, it settles there in 1976 and raises Mouton S but does not release of anything its side protestor. Its opposition to militarism quite naturally leads it to take part in the fight against the extension of the military camp of the Larzac, which federates country and working during the Années 1970. It belongs to the twenty-two people who invest in 1976 the military camp and seize documents attesting the sale grounds by various peasants. It makes three weeks of preventive prison, and is condemned to four months with deferment and deprivation of its civic rights for activities Antimilitariste S. It decides with his wife of squatter a farm to the abandonment since 1920, the hamlet of Montredon , and to emphasize the grounds coveted by the army. In 1976, it is installed on this farm. In 1977, it is at the wheel of the one of the 90 tractors which penetrate on the field of fire with, on the mudguard, a soldier protestor in hood, delegated by the committees of soldiers. In 1981, it is the victory of the movement of the Larzac, François Mitterrand announcing the cancellation of the project of extension of the military camp. It is the abandonment of the project for the soldiers, who finally decide to rent the grounds, formerly requisitioned.
Agricultural trade unionism (1981-1993)
In 1978, Alice Monier and Jose Bove found a cantonal Center of the Young farmers, (CCJA), whose Alice becomes vice-president. As of September 1981, it founds the Trade union of the Peasant-Workers of the Aveyron, where the members of CCJA find themselves. Asserting Situationnistes, and in particular of his friend Rene Riesel, he preaches - already! - a “ other agriculture ”.
In 1987, it takes part in the creation of the Peasant confederation, of which it becomes one of the five national secretaries. Composed of the left wing of the majority union (FNSEA) and of small trade unions of left, this new Agricultural trade union wants to change agriculture and to be opposed to industry (the modern Agribusiness industry and with the industrialists suppliers of the farmers), in the name of the respect of the people (consumers and peasants) and of the environment.
In addition to multiple demonstrations and actions, in particular against GATT and the CAP, it develops locally an active trade unionism near the small producers who provide the ewe's milk essential to the Caves of Roquefort. Joint manager of the Civil society of the grounds of the Larzac, it founds and directs the Comité Roquefort, become in 1987, the Trade union of the milk producers of ewe, affiliated with the Confederation Roquefort. It will be necessary for him to battle firm (with occupations and various blows of glare) and lengthily to be made admit in the inter-profession, in May 1993.
The engagement of Jose Bove is not limited to the agricultural trade unionism. In 1995, it takes part in the Pacific Ocean in the operation carried out by Greenpeace against the resumption of the nuclear tests decided by the president Chirac, coldly elected. It also intervenes to support the movements of the Tahiti ens and the Kanak S (the lawyer of Jose Bove, François Roux, is also the defender of Kanaks, in particular at the time of the assassination of Jean-Marie Tjibaou).
Engaged in the Altermondialisme, it also forms part of the founding members of association ATTAC in 1998.
The business of the McDonald's of Millau (1999)A particularly media fact is, on August 12th, 1999, the criminal disassembling of the restaurant McDonald's in building site with Millau. This action is worth an arrest and a judgment with an imprisonment to him. He explains his gesture like a protest against the decision of the World Trade organization to validate the American sanctions (in the form of punitive tax on certain imports of European origin, of which the cheese of Roquefort), because of the refusal of the European Union to import ox with the hormones of the the United States. McDonald's, company of American origin, would be moreover the symbol all at the same time “malbouffe” and “capitalism stateless person”. It is about a deliberated challenge: class action suit, carried out with discovered face, the local police having been informed by the organizers, contrary to the rumor which claims that the demonstrators protected themselves behind from the children and acted by surprise. According to the partisans of Bové, this action wanted to be before any symbolic system.
Rene Riesel, another member of the peasant confederation affirms that the disassembling of McDo intervenes at one critical time of the fight against the GMO, when this one ended up becoming extensive and attacking the public research. Mediatization of the " malbouffe" then allowing to mask the " war with the vivant" what carries out according to Riesel the industrial society, war in which would also take part the state and the citoyenists. In for him the speed testifies with which the media seized the business, in opposition with the weak one and unfavourable treatment carried to the fight against the GMO at the time.
Participations in the movement altermondialist
He takes part in 1999 in the demonstrations of Seattle against the top of OMC. In January 2001 in margin of the Worldwide social forum, it leads an action anti-GMO to the Brésil against a unit of the Monsanto company, which it shows to illegally produce of the seeds of soya transgenic. The same year, it is with Genoa at the sides of the militants altermondialists to express at the top of the G8, marked by violences and the death of the young Italian Carlo Giuliani.
In March 2002, it takes part in a delegation of Via Campesina with Paul Nicholson (country Basque) and João Pedro Stedile (responsible for the Brazilian Mouvement of the without-ground), invited by the Palestinian peasants to commemorate the Jour of the Earth . This visit lies within the broader scope of the international civil Campagne for the protection of the Palestinian people (CCIPPP). The offensive launched by the Israeli army the shortly after their arrival in the Occupied territories upsets the original program. The whole of the mission then decides to join the city besieged of Ramallah then to go to the Presidential palace of which they fear the attack, Jose Bove meets Yasser Arafat besides there. Whereas it leaves to the head a delegation by agitating a white flag, Jose Bove is stopped by the Israeli army and is expelled after two days of imprisonment. It is violently taken with party on its arrival in Orly by members of the Betar.
A little later it delivers to the press comments felt by some like ambiguous about the various sometimes violent attacks (kingpins; car-ram in Lyon it Duchère) which took place in France against synagogs since the beginning of this year, and declares: “you know, there's no smoke without fire. It is necessary to wonder which profits the crime. I denounce all the acts aiming at the places of worship. But I believe that the Israeli government and its secret services may find it beneficial to create a certain psychosis, to make believe that a climate anti-semite settled in France for better diverting the glances. ” (quoted by Release, April 3rd, 2002), that of which he will excuse himself later after protests of Jewish associations. Bové affirms in addition that Israel would be “a advanced sentinel of wild liberalism”, which is worth to him the hostility of the defenders of this country.
In its Political union action or , Jose Bove, assisted others Militant S, has sometimes recourse to illegal methods, qualified Désobéissance civil by its defenders, and inspired by the political reflection of Henry David Thoreau. It, for example, proceeded there to the destruction of the McDonald's of Millau, which it describes as “disassembling”, or the pulling up of experimental plots of GMO or rice seedlings transgenic in a laboratory of CIRAD with the assistance of Indian militants who regularly practice this kind of action in their country.
Critical FNSEA its combat against the GMO and Malbouffe in the name of health. She thinks that it is its engagement for nonagricultural causes which were worth with the Peasant confederation to lose 7 points (of more than 26% with more than 19%) at the time of the last elections to the Rooms of agriculture, remaining however the second country trade union.
Continuation of the militancy out of the confederation (2003-…)
For this reason, Jose Bove is condemned to many recoveries (to see list below). One retains especially his judgment in ten months closes in 2003, after a call and a appeal. The Peasant confederation denounces then
“ hardness without precedent of this judgment, no trade union official of national level having been imprisoned since the fascistic mode of Vichy ”, judgment which “ show the degradation of trade-union freedoms in France ”.Shortly after its imprisonment in June 2003, its lawyer asks for Jose Bove the statute of Political prisoner. This request makes following a rather muscular arrest at the origin of multiple protests.
Gathering of Larzac and withdrawal of the confederationJose Bove, refusing to become “ carry-parole ” with life of the Peasant confederation, announces her withdrawal at the end of large the gathering of Larzac, event altermondialist joining together several hundreds of thousands of people in August 2003, made effective at the time of the congress of the 7 and April 8th, 2004. It is replaced in this function by Brigitte Allain, country-woman in the Dordogne and Jean-Emile Sanchez, one of her companions of fight, also stockbreeder of ewe on the plate of the Larzac. Its media exposure, when he was spokesperson of the Peasant confederation, caused a certain irritation.
Spokesperson of the international rural organization Via CampesinaJose Bove continues nevertheless her international trade-union activity. At the time of the fourth International Conference of Via Campesina, being held with the Brazil in June 2004, it becomes door word of Via Campesina and is seen entrusting the responsibility to animate the international countryside aiming at making recognize the Food sovereignty like new a human right. It represents Via Campesina with the conference of UNCTAD of Sao Paulo where it presents this proposal to Kofi Annan, General secretary of the United Nations.
In June 2004, it goes in Bolivia where it takes part in a mission of solidarity with Franscisco the Cortes, militant Colombia N then imprisoned in this country since more than one year. It is received by Evo Morales, is appointed Bolivian, person in charge of the trade unions of Coca leros and chair Movimiento Al Socialismo, first political clout of the country and by Carlos Mesa, president of the Republic.
During the summer 2004, Jose Bove and other members of the network of the “ Mowing volunteers ” start again the destruction campaign of tests of GMO in full field.
At the month of September 2004, Jose Bove goes in South Korea to the invitation of the Korean Peasants League, Korean agricultural trade union affiliated with Via Campesina, to take part in the demonstrations in memory of the Korean country trade unionist Lee Kyung-hae which committed suicide on September 10th, 2003 with Cancún to protest against OMC.
Referendum on the TCEAt the end of 2004 and at the beginning of 2005, it fights for not with the referendum on the Traité establishing a Constitution for Europe of May 29th, 2005, considering this one ultra-liberal and antisocial. Not carries it largely in France, although the majority parties preached yes.
In July 2005, Jose Bove takes part in the last day of the walk for the decrease, in margin of the Grand Prix of France of Formula 1, symbol of it what the latter opposed.
Candidature for the presidential election 2007
In October 2005, to advance the claims carried by Not of left with the European Constitution, Jose Bove declares that according to him, of alliances between movements will be necessary and does not exclude if the task is entrusted to him, to stand as a candidate to the presidential election of 2007 within the framework of a unit of the anti-liberal forces.
June 13rd, 2006, he declares candidate with presidential in a maintenance with the newspaper Libération, estimating himself ready to gather the left of the left. He also invested himself in the Collectifs of May 29th, and maintaining in the National collective of initiative for a gathering antilibéral of left and common candidatures, while discussing and by taking part in a collective dynamics for the presidential one of 2007, the legislative ones, the local elections, the cantonal ones, and for all the mobilizations related to that.
November 23rd, 2006, Jose Bove announces her “provisional” withdrawal of the nomination of the collectives anti-liberals, estimating that PCF tried to impose the candidature of Marie-George Buffet. Following impossibility of obtaining an agreement on a common candidature and to the candidature of Marie-George Buffet, militants launch a petition which collects quickly: 35,000 signatures inviting Jose Bove to represent the collectives with the presidential election. January 21st, 2007 with Montreuil, Bové is declared ready to be candidate, and officially announced its candidature on Thursday, February 1, 2007 for the Labor market of Denis Saint for “ to give again the hope of an alternative on the left ” and being “ the speaking pipe of without-voix ”. The meeting of Montreuil approved its candidature like “hyphen candidature”. It then indicated to lay out among 150 and 200 promises of sponsorship and its dimension of voting intention lies between 1% and 3%.
The unit national collective reacted to the candidature of Jose Bove by indicating that no candidature could claim united collectives and that the meeting of Montreuil did not represent the collectives but only the attending members.
Following the failure of its nomination like one applicant of the left antilibérale, it selected a score of spokesperson of which members of PCF and Greens in dissension with the directions of their party. The objective is well to position in the debate on the unit of the anti-liberal Gauche. Popular residents' associations joined it and it received the support of a group of revolutionary veterans around Jean-Rene Chauvin.
The force of Jose Bove is the effectiveness of her methods which lead to a mediatization often difficult to obtain on the agricultural and food subjects. The absence of a party in support is a weakness even if the fact that it is " libre" can attract a fraction of the anti-liberal left splinter.
Jose Bove carried out with the first turn of the presidential election of 2007 a score of: 483,008 votes are 1.32%. This score is very low. Not only there was not of Bové dynamics during the electoral campaign but on the contrary, the voting intentions were divided by two between the declaration of its candidature and the day of the elections. It is 10em on 12 candidates, in front of the mediatized little Frederic Nihous and Gerard SCHIVARDI, behind all the known left-wing candidates antilibérale, Olivier BESANCENOT, Marie-George Buffet, Dominique Voynet and Arlette LAGUILLER. If one remembers that Jose Bove had asked for the nomination like one applicant of the left antilibérale, one can consider that this election is for him a personal failure.
Its attitude during the second turn was very criticized by the LCR which reproached him " of going to the soupe". On Friday, April 27, the Ségolène Royal candidate entrusted to Jose Bove a mission of study on the question of " universalization and sovereignty alimentaire". On Monday, April 30, Jose Bove invited to vote for Ségolène Royal.
The declarations of Jose Bove as for her participation at a Socialist government were contradictory. Vis-a-vis the militants of the extreme left anti-Socialists, it in forever be question. The 20/4, only two days before the first turn, whereas the surveys indicated already its score very low impossible to go up, he declared in Nouvel Observateur that he excluded to become minister what seemed there completely improbable at this time. After having invited to vote Ségolène Royal and referring to the realization of the actions of the French government who would prolong his mission in the event of socialist victory, it indicated " to be ready to assume my responsibilities for there participer". It is the expression devoted to require a political station.
Legal course of Jose Bove
During her tumultuous legal course, Jose Bove was accompanied by François Roux, lawyer at the Court of Montpellier. It should be noted that in of 2003, Jose Bove requested with insistence a presidential pardon. He was heard since he was partially pardoned and the liberally adapted remainder of his sorrow, not making that one month 10 days of prison in the place of the 22 months total firm which he was to carry out. He would have to make at least 7 months of prison (half of the decreased sorrow four months maximum of collective grace).
1976 Judgment in four months of suspended sentence and deprivation of its civic rights for antimilitarists activities (it had flown of the documents concerning a project of extension of the military camp of Larzac).
- February 18th, 1998: judgment in eight month of suspended sentence by the Magistrates' court of Agen for the destruction of a stock of transgenic seeds on a site of Novartis with Nérac in Lot-et-Garonne.
- October 20th, 1998: the Tribunal of Tahiti recognizes it guilty of voluntary obstacle to the navigation or the circulation of aircraft. Nevertheless, it is exempted of sorrow.
- October 27th, 1999: the Magistrates' court of Rodez (Aveyron) recognizes it guilty, with 8 members of the Peasant confederation, of “violence in meeting”. In March 1999, they had sequestered three civils servant of the prefecture. Nevertheless, it is exempted of sorrow.
- September 13rd, 2000: three months of imprisonment by the Magistrates' court of Millau for the vandalism of the building site of McDonald's on August 12th, 1999. March 22nd, 2001, the Court of Appeal of Montpellier confirms the sorrow, and condemns it to 6000 francs of fine (915 [[euro €]]) for the short sequestration of the civils servant of the Departmental management of the Agriculture of Rodez in March 1999.
- December 20th, 2001: the Court of Appeal of Montpellier condemns Jose Bove in six months of imprisonment for transgenic destruction of seedlings of rice in June 1999 in a greenhouse of CIRAD (little time before it is planted in the Camargue) in Montpellier. In first authority, the March 15th of the same year, the magistrates' court of Montpellier had inflicted ten months of suspended sentence and two years of put to the test in Jose Bove.
- February 6th, 2002: the Court of appeal rejects its appeal formed about its judgment in three months of imprisonment without remission for degradations of the McDonald's of Millau. It makes in the same way against its judgment with 915 € of fine in the business of Rodez.
- Of the 19 June at August 1st, 2002: Jose Bove purges the remainder of her three months sorrow of imprisonment for the destruction of the McDonald's of Millau, at the prison of Villeneuve-the-Maguelone (Herault) (three weeks of Detention pending trial had already been carried out in 1999).
- October 22nd, 2002: the Magistrates' court of Foix condemns it to 100 day-amends of an amount of 30 € per day, for mowing, in April 2000 of an experimental field of colza transgenic cultivated by the interprofessional Technical center of the oilseeds subway (Cetiom) in Gaudiès (Ariège). Jose Bove does not appeal.
- November 19th, 2002: the Court of appeal rejects the appeal formed against its judgment by the Court of Appeal of Montpellier on December 20th, 2001 at six months of imprisonment without remission for the transgenic destruction of seedlings of rice in June 1999.
- February 26th, 2003: judgment in ten months of imprisonment. Rejection of the appeal by the Court of appeal against the six months sorrow of prison pronounced by the Court of Appeal of Montpellier at the end of 2001 and revocation of half of the eight month deferment pronounced by the Agen-native Magistrates' court. The judgments in question sanction destruction of the transgenic rice seedlings in center CIRAD of Montpellier and transgenic corn seeds in the buildings of the Novartis company to Nérac.
- June 22nd, 2003: imprisonment with the prison of Villeneuve-the-Maguelone.
- August 2nd, 2003: released following presidential pardons generous (at the time of on July 14th) and installation of sorrow with house arrest.
- November 8th, 2004: city to appear before the court of Toulouse to answer of its participation in an action of destruction of transgenic morsel of corn on July 25th, 2004 in Menville in the department of the Haute-Garonne with eight other accused people (the deputy (Green) No5el Mamère, the European Appointed (Green) Gerard Onesta, Jose Bove, the elected local officials Toulouse François Simon (ex-PS) and Pierre Labeyrie (Greens), the former national secretary of the (Green), Gilles Lemaire, and the regional adviser of Aquitaine (Green), Michel Daverat, Jean-Baptiste Libouban, of the the Communities of the Arch (founded by Lanza del Vasto), founder of the movement of the voluntary reapers and a farmer Jean-Aime Gravas). The court agreed to judge the 224 other people who had taken part in this demonstration and who asserted their gesture like a “class action suit of civil disobedience”.
- March 17th, 2005: Goes down for hearing in call of this decision, at the request of the Public ministry, which wished to limit the judgment to the 9 principal defendants, and not with the whole of the voluntary reapers.
- November 15th, 2005: Judgment in 4 months of imprisonment by the Court of Appeal of Toulouse. It is provided in cassation.
- February 7th, 2007: Rejection of its appeal. He declares: “I will be perhaps the first political prisoner who will be at the same time candidate with the presidential election”, this declaration was criticized by lawyer and bloguor Eolas (pseudonym), because according to him, Jose Bove knew that there was no chance so that it goes in prison before the electoral deadline.
- March 27th, 2007: Jose Bove is convened in front of the Court of Villefranche-of-Lauragais (31) to have taken part in the clearing of a corn culture GMO in the High Garonne, on July 30th, 2006.
- November 12th, 2007: Convoquation in Millau, in front of a judge of application of the sorrows, within the framework of its judgment at imprisonment for a corn pulling up transgenic in July 2004 in Haute-Garonne.
- Jose Bove briefly crossed Bill Gates in Paris the corridors of TF1 in January 2007. During this 25 seconds surrealist meeting, Jose Bove succeeded in saying to a polished Bill Gates but rather lost that he fought against universalization, whom they Bové and Bill Gates could change the things and whom he Spoils had many things to make this fight. When it is known that Microsoft is the example more succeeded of universalization, this speech is rather strange. It should be noted that there are errors in the subtitles of this video sequence diffused on the Net. In particular, Bill Gates knows neither Jose Bove nor his combat but only made humor by saying that it was also in Seattle 1999 (in answer to the " Can be know me you, I were in Seattle in 1999" of Jose Bove, the answer of Bill Gates is not " I know it well! " but " I was there also - I was there too". Bill Gates lives in Seattle with his family).
Allez Jose Wallé interpreted by Zizous
- I dared Bové interpreted by Gustave Parking
- Vas-Y Jose interpreted by the Dirty Majesties
Us, Paysans (2000) with Gilles Luneau
- Le Monde is not goods; peasants against the malbouffe (2001) with François Dufour and Gilles Luneau
- Rural! - Chronicle of a political collision (2001) with Etienne Davodeau
- Retour of Palestine (2002)
- Paysan of the World (2002) with Gilles Luneau
- the Peasant confederation (2003) with Yves Manguy
- For civic disobedience (2004) with Gilles Luneau
- Candidat rebels ( 2007)
|Random links:||Odoru kyōshitsu | Nicolas Chuquet | Scheulte | Oscar (play) | Ali Bilgin|